Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Fourth Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
7,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of the unseen photos that ive taken in recent months, and possibly some that I will take in the future and maybe some that I have submitted to the contest.

A field in spring, taken from under the canopy of a few trees.

looking up at one of my houses windows lol

A tap...

A picture of some of my old clay work from school lol

looking up at a tree canopy

some weird tree

snow in the cemetry

snowy/level crossing

lonley tree in the snow looking so cold

clouds at sunset

my favourite picture in my collection, for some reason :D

A giant walking in the fields at sunset...

the lonley tree again.

looking up thru the tree.

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
i like the lonely tree a lot. Youve got it in 2 seasons as well as I see. :) Keep it up Jaw!!! :thumbsup:

·
7,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thx, well i went away for few days so got a build up of photos.
been using a proper camara that belonged to my mum
these are from scotland

Ioana - opposite side to where the 1 town is

Tobermory, Mull

Duart Castle - from ferry from Mull to Oban

Waiting for one of the ferrys to go over a loch or sea loch to cut around 75 miles? or something like that

i need a map of mull to remember this location - south west if i remember rightly

One of the many ruined villages on the Isle of Ulva

·
7,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

i like looking into the sun thru plants :D lol

the other good one that ive got of this style

·
20,440 Posts
I like the latest the best. It emphasizes that beautiful sky. For the fourt, its great JawZ, but with a foreground it would have been even better. Or change the format to landscape and zoom in a bit for the swans to bring them more to attention. Anyway, I really like your progression. :thumbsup: Keep it up! :smileani:

·
7,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like the latest the best. It emphasizes that beautiful sky. For the fourt, its great JawZ, but with a foreground it would have been even better. Or change the format to landscape and zoom in a bit for the swans to bring them more to attention. Anyway, I really like your progression. :thumbsup: Keep it up! :smileani:
i would of zoomed in, but the fail phone camera sdeems to lack that function.

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
@JawZ2002 : The pics from your 2nd post ( Scotland) : Is the 2nd one showing Oban or Tobermory ? And the 3rd looks familar to me as well, is this at Mull ?
Where did you take the 1st one ?

·
7,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@JawZ2002 : The pics from your 2nd post ( Scotland) : Is the 2nd one showing Oban or Tobermory ? And the 3rd looks familar to me as well, is this at Mull ?
Where did you take the 1st one ?
Added locations to all the photos in that post as they are from my last years trip to the Isle of Mull.

I take it you've been to the area then :) that was my first time visiting Mull - have been to Oban before

I will add more from my Mull collection if you like lol, do you have any specific areas of Mull that you favour - ill see if ive got any for you :p

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
Added locations to all the photos in that post as they are from my last years trip to the Isle of Mull.

I take it you've been to the area then :) that was my first time visiting Mull - have been to Oban before

I will add more from my Mull collection if you like lol, do you have any specific areas of Mull that you favour - ill see if ive got any for you :p
I've been to Mull only on a one day trip with the ferry from Oban to Craignure. And we were without car, so we just made it to that castle shown on your pictures and to one nice other castle with an interesting garden nearby ( don't remember the name).
But it would be great to see more pictures from Mull. I really liked Scotland (been there twice), hope that i could go there again sooner or later.

·
7,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i know the castle you mean, its more of a house though :p

refered to my pictures - Torosay?

just inside the front door :p

2 veiws from outside

Duart from inside Torosay

the rest I have got are from other places didnt do much around torosay as it was chucking it down :p

The bright white sand of Calgary Bay

Looking south towards Ben Mor

Eas Fors Waterfall ( I didnt take this image)

Often saw a deer or 2 grazing about.

the next bunch are from Fingals Cave/ Staffa - which was a boat trip from...lol i forget the location :D

to get to the cave you had to walk along the side here O_O

5 miles down a single track road, off of the main road, we stumble across "Kintra" a small little place consisting of small cottages :D

This was another place miles down a single track road off of the main road...called lochbuie

standing stones near lochbuie

Lochbuie

Deer that were grazing running away :(

More Lochbuie

Whats left of Aros Castle.

Eas Fors Waterfall - from the Isle of Ulva.

abondanded village on Ulva from when the kelp industry went out. ulva is full of abandonned villages.
while at this village we were victim to a nice bit of rain....all these building dont have roofs. :)

Iona Abbey

part of the village on Iona. thats like the main road :p

the change in weather captured in one image sun in the south, dark dark rain in the north.

and finally, some more images you maybe familar with....veiws from the ferry :D

i dunno names of these places lol.

there - thats basically almost all my images from my trip to Mull/Ulva/Iona - haha

·
7,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
had a brief different coloured sunrise this morning, quickly gone back to a grey overcast though :(

also had a nice-ish sunset few days ago

and i just loved the whitey yellow of this field

·
20,440 Posts
your pics really improved a lot so far JawZ, Im pretty much impressed. Keep it up! :thumbsup:

·
7,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
but im not doing anything o_O to improve, just holding a camera at the desired area and pray :D

but thankyous.

but im also taking alot less pics recently :(

·
20,440 Posts

·
7,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
been bit busy since nov after getting a temp job, so less time with my camera , but still snapping things when i can, also been expirementing with things :p

some expirementing :D

i love how the 2 swans lined up for me in this :D

my brother is currently using this as his desktop image :D

i tried some night shots, this is the best one imo

a relitives garden in snow [sepia]

·
7,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
wha have i been doing in 2010 photo wise - time has been limited. lets do a pic of my favourites

dark skies contrasting with the oil seed field

semi gives me the creeps for some reason

·
20,440 Posts
the rape field is awesome Jawz!! Still, if you dont mind, try to cut a bit off the lower rim, so that the sky makes 2/3 or 3/5 of the pic. If you have a simple tool that lets you cut the pics on ratio, use the original and try there. This makes the sky even more dramatic. since the yellow of the field anyway starts a bit further, noone would realize that you have cut it.

But if you like to emphasize the foreground put that on 2/3 or 3/5 of the pic, but some of the dramatic sky would be lost, so Id prefer the other version. :) Try and play a bit with it. You will see theres still potential. :) Keep on shooting! I like your progression!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts