Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am really in dilemma as to whether i would like to see Crespo in juve next season.personally i regard Crespo as one of the best centre forward in the world,but we already have Kova who plays in a similar style as Crespo,he is at least as good as Crespo,and may even better than Crespo if he is given more playing time.moreover,it is a disrepect and distrust to Kova if we buy another centre forward Crespo.So,juve had better stick with Kova and save the money to buy young talent or other quality player who we are really short of.These are the points i am against the arrival of Crespo.
i ,like many of you,would like to see the back of inzaghi next season,i am not saying that he is of no use and i really appreciate his goals that save us many times,but we really need a better striker which will not only score easy goal if we want to solve our offensive problem.Disappointingly,he will not leave unless a really big-name striker like crespo comes.The reason why i would like Crespo come is because i would like inzaghi to leave,moreover if we don't take action to snatch Crespo ,he will definitely head to Lazio and then form the amazing argentine trio Lopez-Crespo-Veron.That's why i would like juve to try his best to sign him.
Actually i would prefer Anelka to Crespo,because he is younger and the kind of forward we lack for a long long time, His explosive speed and tremendous skill are what our current forward lack. maybe you would argue that he is weak in air, but i would say that he is still young and has time to improve in this aspect.Maybe many of you will argue that he has mental problem and will destroy our valuable team spirit and morale,but i am more optimistic that i think our team spirit and care from other teammates and ancelottis will influence him
and he will no longer act up.He is really not that bad, believe me ,he will be another person if he joins juve.
As for players to leave,i will suggest Oliseh,Mirkovic,Fonseca,Inzaghi and Bachini(i hope he will stay,but not likely) they are all good, but due to various reason,they have to leave,their departure will not affect juve in the least because they can be easily replaced. As for players to join, apart from definite arrival : O'neil and paramatti ,i would suggest Athirson,Anelka,Giannichedda,Cirillo and Zebina.by the way,it is quite quiet on Athirson recently,will he join us?? we desparately need this type of wingback to support Kova.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think the dilemma that Juve is facing most is whether or not to just sit back and try and get some return on their investment in Kovacevic, or hurry up and grab Crespo before another club does simply so Lazio or Inter or whoever won't have him. This "buying players for the sake of buying players" approach is a little ridiculous, and it reminds me far too much of Inter's attitude. As Mr. Cheung noted earlier, Kova has all the potential to be just as good (if not better!) than Crespo, so I believe that it would make more sense to use the money to go after Cassano and maybe look at some young defenders. Remember, Juve *did* almost win the Scudetto this year, therefore I feel that there should not be too many changes enacted with a formula that has proven itself.

·
Registered
372 Posts
1) Scoring more goals doesn´t only come from signing good strikers. Equally important is the way the entire team is attacking. A problem of Juve has been that we have been attacking too slow and almost always lets the opposiong squads form their defence. If a defence gets in position it is very difficult to brake through, even if you have names like ZZ,DP in your squad.
2) Juventus needs a striker that are a good header. As it is now, with DP and Inzaghi, we don´t have this. It´s almost pointless trying to cross the balls to these guys, since the defenders almost always wins the ball. It´s not good that Juve lacks this part of the game. This fact is speaking for Kovacevic.

3) The problem with Kovacevic, as I see it, is that he is too slow in depth. He is not the kind of guy that runs past a defender. For this we need Inzaghi, or another fast attacker. Crespo could perhaps fit in here, Jardel would most certaily.

Conclussion: Play with Kovacevic and Inzaghi, or another quick attacker, upfront, and let DP play just behind them. With this formation we would have a very strong attacking unit.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I am totally for the 3-3-2-2 formation. It is very attack oriented, thouh I think the defence can handle it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If Crespo comes, Kovacevic should leave. Even if Inzaghi leaves too. Ancelotti is going to prefer Crespo because they know each other which will again leave Kova on the bench for another season. Don't get me wrong, Crespo is an excellent striker, but so is Kovacevic. He scored 20 goals last season, compared to the star Inzaghi's 26. I think that's pretty good considering Inzaghi started in many many more games than Kova did. Selling both of them would be a huge blow to Juventus but Kovacevic isn't 20 years old with his whole life ahead of him. He's almost 27 and I don't think he should spend his last years on the bench.

I'd love to see Kovacevic in Juventus next season, so my solution is kind of the same as Barnips. Leave Inzaghi here here and play him with Kovacevic in front of DP. I know DP doesn't like it, but he needs to start scoring. He is a briliant player but when you classify yourself as a striker, you need to put in goals in the back of the net. If he does start scoring like he used to, then start a rotation system and let all 3 of them play.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I've suggested the 3-3-2-2 formation here before, but it wasn't received that well. I like that formation as they have used it to great effect, although sometimes a little too late in the match to make a difference. But, I don't think that Ancelotti will adopt this formation INSTEAD of picking up a new striker. I do think that we need a new striker anyway (for CL), but I also think that this formation should see more playing time next season!

·
Registered
374 Posts
With the 3-3-2-2 formation, I mean:

-----------Van Der Sar

----Iuliano---Montero---Ferrara

Conte---------Davids--------Zambrotta
-------Zidane-------Del Piero

---------Kova-----Pippo

:)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Actually, I'd prefer Zambrotta playing on the right and Pesotto on the left. Zambrotta seems more natural when he's on the left flank. As for Conte...well, let's just say his best years are behind him.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If juve are slow then they should go into the transfer market and buy a striker who has pace otherwise they wont able to score more than 2 goals a match!!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Oops!... Thanks for the correction, Sabugo. I goofed up. Zambrotta should be on the right and Conte, or Pessotto, on the left. I also noticed that I had Ferarra and Iuliano on the wrong sides, too. Here's the correct line-up:

-----------Van Der Sar

----Ferarra---Montero---Iuliano

Zambrotta-----Davids-----Pessotto
--------Zidane-----Del Piero

---------Kova-----Pippo

Actually, I think I prefer Pessotto to Conte in light of the way he(Pessotto) was REALLY turning it on at the end of the season. Conte's the Captain and all, but he IS getting older. If Pessotto keeps playing like he was the last few matches, I don't think we'll have to worry about searching for another winger!

[This message has been edited by DM-11 (edited 31-05-2000).]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts