Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really think we should sell Trezeguet and bring a striker who does more then just stand in the box and wait for the ball. Someone like Ronaldo!
Trezeguet look so clumsy. He is the best when he is face to face with the goalkeeper, but he can't do more then that. He isn't a dribbler and most of his goals are from very easy situations. We need a striker who can play also out of the box

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I don´t think so....

I think Trez is in the list of the 10 best forwards in the world right now....he is lethal in the area.. you are describing someone like Inzaghi....Trez at least could pass the ball....

And remember that Trez was cheap for us....

A forward like him (Van Nistelroy, Ronaldo, Vieri, Sheva) will be soooooooo expensive.....i prefer to invest in the midfield and defense....

Remember, now, he is second in the goal list in Serie A....

·
Registered
881 Posts
I wish Trez stays with us for life. He has settled and a player of his quality you cant just let him go and find a striker who will have the minerals straight away:)) meaning goals from the start) Trez will score 100 plus maybe 200. Trez and Piero strike duo is still one of the best.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
As much as I don't like the style of play of Trez, I couldn't care less about my pretencious preferences as long as he scores.

If a striker like Trez doesn't score (not that it's the case of Trez generally speaking) - it means that the whole teams is not doing well.

In case something fails to perform as it's supposed to - don't remedy the symptoms, but liquidate the cause.

As simple as that.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Juventini,

It would be a wiser decision to keep him....and improve our attacking play, passes and crosses. I too complain about Trezeguet's lack of work during a game....but he does remain the best finisher in the game. Perhaps to solve this short term problem, we could try benching him at the beggining of a game and if the team is attacking well bring him on to bury the ball in the opposition goal.

For the long term....we really should find a way to play a style that would enable Trez to recieve a lot of service....even if that means to acquire a new signing in mid-field...or better yet, play Maresca in a more attacking role (I'd like that!).

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Mind numbing....

Here we are... with lots and lots of positions where we could conceivably improve... and the discussion once again turns to Trezeguet... one of the few players in our squad who is not only very good, but world class at what he does.

Our top goal scorer in the league. Our top goalscorer in the CL. Yet we should release him because he does not do enough? Flash: Trez has had more assists than Del Piero this season.

Imagine what he would do if he got the ball on occasion.....

Not to be cranky or anything, but really...

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Things must be really dire around here with all these topics of Juve star players leaving for no good reason too... :tongue:

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
I agree with Glen - why do you even consider selling Trezeguet? Just look at his scoring record. As people say - "They never ask you how you score, just how many".

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
yes i think we should sell him,he's done well and everything but he doesn't look happy and i wouldn't want him to be unhappy.

i think we should start a campaign at home matches to try to get our way,maybe we should tell Moggi to give him on a free to the Arsenal,i've heard they are a decent team and would treat him right,maybe we can get Wiltord in exchange ,who is a decent player and don't forget he scored the first goal in Euro 2000,without Wiltord's goal,Trez would be a nobody today ;)

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
yes i think we should sell him,he's done well and everything but he doesn't look happy and i wouldn't want him to be unhappy.

i think we should start a campaign at home matches to try to get our way,maybe we should tell Moggi to give him on a free to the Arsenal,i've heard they are a decent team and would treat him right,maybe we can get Wiltord in exchange ,who is a decent player and don't forget he scored the first goal in Euro 2000,without Wiltord's goal,Trez would be a nobody today ;)
:howler: :howler:

Nice try!

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
this is a freaking joke!!! the onyl player who manages to score for us must leave:rolleyes:

di vaio should leave!! bring in a younger striker more suited to replacing trezeguet during games.

And buy a player like aimar to help create more. we lack a player of his style IMO.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I agree with you all about his striking abilities this season, but look how he scored them. Look at the 3 goals against Empoli, there could'nt be easier goals then that. Actually, most of his goals are very simple and easy. I don't remember him doing any remarkable goal this season, and if he had they were very few. Ronaldo has allready 18 goals in the Spanish league this season, and each and every goal is pure genus.

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
If it's so easy to constantly score goals Trezeguet style("easy goals") why then only very few players manage to do it? It takes great positioning and predator instinct in the box, which are very rare.

You've got many players who can dribble well and score "remarkable goals"- Del Piero, Miccoli, Di Vaio. But none of them comes anywhere close to Trez in goals scored per game and that's what matters.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Juventini, it´s true that Trez scores many easy goals. But thats not to say that he doesn´t have class because it takes something extra to almost always be in the right spot when the ball comes. Trez is a striker, not a forward, and his job is to show up whenever a scoring oppurtunity comes. He is the man that finishes our attacks, not the one that creates then. As a striker he is world class.

Perhaps he hasn´t reached his best this year, but still he has scored 12 goals in the league and is 2nd overall behind Sheva. AND he doesn´t shoot penalties!

Selling Trez would be ok if we could secure an equaly good striker for less money, but I guess that is too much to hope for....

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Nice try, Lizard. :tongue:

Juventini....what matters more to us as Juve fans, how remarkable the goals are, or the number of goals? What we should admire is the fact that our midfield has developed into a component strong enough to create easy chances for a striker like Trez. They guy can rise to the occasion when called upon, it's just a lull in form.. and remember we're talking about a world class player here. And since when was Trez the main concern? The whole squad is playing badly right now, pointless to turn to him. If anything, credit to Trez for doing his job.. unlike some other players under whom we had bestowed so much faith.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Steph! said:
Juventini, your opinion was recorded... and unanimously rejected. :tongue:
Should open a secret poll in the forum, it would be more democratic:cool:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts