Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is something i have been keeping inside for a while now and just had to get out.

Last week after seeing the Juve-Parma match i all of the sudden some how felt disgusted by Darko Kovacevic. Because of his apparant 'tripping' by Cannavaro Juve take an undeserved 3 points and a skudetto they even less deserved.

It wasn't so much the result i cared about but Darko's cheap action. I watched it over and over and realised that the poor guy Cannavaro didn't even clip Darko but he went to the ground like a baby just learning to walk.

Now don't get me wrong i am a very proud serb and i love serbian football but i also love football in general and shi.t like that does not impress me . Lazio's fighting spirit impress me even though i do not really follow the club.

I know i am really breaking the ranks here but i also dislike his style of play , he is not elegant with the ball but a bit of an ogre nothing like the genious Mijatovic. In Euro i would rather see Savo Milosevic taking Darko's position, at least that guy who may be inconsistant fights to the last minute.

These are my thoughts and i understand some of you may really disagree with this but it is how i feel inside and i cannot change it.

Sivela Srbia Kosovo i Metohia i Srpska Hercegovina!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Come on mate! So what if he dived. Almost every striker in the Seria A does :)

And I dont really mind if he dosent have great skills on the ball, he scores golas dosnt he? :) How he scores doesnt really matter, all that matters is that he scores them...

V

·
0 Posts
What's glass ankles got to do with it. That sound's like he has weak ankles. You say Kova doesn't have class, SO WHAT. What about Stojkovic VERY classy player, but every time somebody touches him he falls over and complains to ref....one particular thing he NEVER fights for the ball and neither does Mijatovic.

BTW/ Mijatovic never dives :D :D :D

[This message has been edited by Viljuska (edited 15-05-2000).]

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any one who falls as soon as you tap them is considered by this name. Look i was just upset when he fell and was not even touched .

I would still prefer Milosevic right now

Viljuska: when did i mention class? i hope you r not suggesting that Darko is more important to the team

I guess the bottom line is if he does score in euro things will be a lot easier.

[This message has been edited by Nick54 (edited 15-05-2000).]

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Viljuska: That bit about Mijatovic not diving better have been a joke or I'm gonna explode over here. :(

V

·
0 Posts
who ever said that Kova doesn't have skill or class u got to be kidding me...have u seen that goal against Inter???

When he jumped higher than the keeper and scored,
that was one of the best goals i have ever seen.....

----------
Kova da man!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Yeah! That was an amazing goal. I've also seen him score some other great goals from earler in the saeason :)...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
can i also mention out of 34 caps for Jugo Darko has scored 4 times!

where as Milosevic has scored 20 goals in 43 caps

G

·
0 Posts
Yeah, thats a good point. But we must remember that Darko is not the player he was 2 or 3 years ago, he has improved quite alot, and I wouldnt be supprised if he scored quite a noumber of goals at EURO2000(hopefully! :))

·
Premium Member
27,260 Posts
Nothing against Milosevic, but really my two strikers for EURO would be Mijatovic and Kovacevic.

M

·
0 Posts
But remember that many of Darko's 34 caps came as a sub. He seems to have the same problem in NT as he does at Juventus - not enough starts.

Personally, I would like to see us try an option with Mijat playing a bit behind the two strikers (Savo & Darko). I've seen Fiorentina do this a couple of times this season (Batistuta and Chiesa upfront with Mijat behind), and it seemed to work fine for them, against Lazio they scored 3 goals with this setup.

Unfortunatelly, this takes some practising and a lot of fine-tuning in matches against strong opposition (not the likes of China, Korea and Hong Kong) and since Boskov hasn't tried it until now, I don't think he is about to do it with less than a month remaining before EURO starts.

V

·
0 Posts
Nick 54, i'm sorry for the little misunderstanding. You said Kova isn't an ELEGANT(i said classy) player....Who cares, you know what i meant. As you have seen every single player dives....get over it. it's a part of the game and you can't help it unless, maybe as in rugby league, there is a video ref.

Eclipse, i was joking, of course mijatovic dives. :D :D :D :D :D

peace

[This message has been edited by Viljuska (edited 17-05-2000).]

G

·
0 Posts
Video ref? Hmmmm.....

I dont think it will ever happen, becasue it slows the game down too much.

And ofcource Mijat dives, but he's damn good at it :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts