Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone is affected at grass roots level by the bosman (or @sshole) ruling, so i got an idea to help that.

i think Fifa should write a law stating that any club who has brought a player through the ranks for at least 8 years are entitled to a 10% cut in ANY transfers involving this players.

eg. Lamberts transfers to St. Mirren, gildea will correct me if he was actually a youth player first, etc etc.

waht yous all think?

this way the smaller clubs dont have their youth players 'snatched' by the big guns, and lose out as much. if the big teams really want a palyer, tehn they gotta sign him and raise him themselves. the madrids etc wont (as much!) just splash out on players after they made the big time. i know it wont have a massive effect on this, but would mean a lot to the smaller clubs. eg. african clubs!!! they would really beenfit here with George Weah etc.. what ever happened to him? he retire i take it?

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
It's already in place!

Not sure of exact percentages but any player who is brought through the ranks, McFadden for example, and is sold on there is automatically a clause in their contract so that if he is sold on again his first club, Motherwell, will be entitled to a slice of the cash.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but is in place that for EVERY transfer?? i was meaning for all transfers made? are you sure? ive never heard it before, on that under24 ruling, which in not certain on all the details of.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
It came into place in September last year. Any club who produces a player from a certain age is entitled to a slice of any future transfers.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool! it was a good idea then!!! :D glad its in place!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts