Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 years now since I fell in love with Barca XT and the love keeps on growing. Thank you for giving me the best place to gather info on FCB.

Seen some bad times from the crap days of Van Gaal to the resurgence under Antic. From the huge exodus of members after the 'big crash' to the animated frenzy that the forum is today. Lets keep the place going guys, and its been a pleasure meeting you and all. And to all of those that arent here anymore, Id like to wish them the best of luck in their lives ahead. ;)

Cheers.

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
well said hussain...........we dont wnat glory hunters here who will leave us when sumthing goes wrong for us.................so thanks to my dad and my bro for making me a cule and i will make sure my kids will be cules too..............visca el barca

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Its been 13 years for me now, and its going to take me my whole life. Ever since the days of Cruyfs dream team I have been through it all. My best Barca moment came with Koemans strike against Sampdoria. And my worst was the collapse of the 1994 team in CL final against Milan. When Savicavic(sp?) scored that goal against Zubi, I knew it was their night. And probably on some level I knew Barca was an unlucky team ;)

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
My love for Barca is everlasting, however i only became a Cule around 10 years ago. I am seen as different as i support a foregin team and do not follow the likes of Arsenal or the most likely choice of Man Utd, I have visited Barca 3 times now, going again in the summer aswell, as i intend to go every year and finaly move there once i can settle in. When Barca hurt i hurt, never felt so passionate about something in my entire life, and will never find anything more thrilling than watching the team in the Blue and Red. FORZA BARCA always. Husain 14 i can totally agree i have felt the same lol

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Barca_AT19 mate I wanted to point out that its been 2 years for me on XT, not as a Barca fan. :D. Thats been sometime ;)

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Well, I can't recall an exactly date when I started to love Barça. I even have pics with the blaugrana jersey when I was a baby. I'm the 3rd generation of barcelonistas in my family and I'll try to keep the tradition whenever I have a child.

I found XT in a casuality. 2 years ago, I was "googling" looking for information about Rooney and one of the links that appeared was a thread about him in the Youth Football forum, then I found a big football forum. My first nick was "jagisbert" (I changed it later to Koeman4) and, if I'm not wrong, the FMs were MxPx, Krijn and Angel Culé back then. When I visited the Barça forum for the first time, I felt happily surprised. I knew that Barça was a well-known club around the world, but I didn't expect to see so many fans who pay attention to anything that happens in the club. Even some of you have a big knowledge about the institution and it is amazing.

Except for the time that XT was down and the following months, the forum has been growing and improving. Some of us met in WFB later and we started a good relationship then. I'm happy to see them here. I registered in XT in the same month of Husain, so I join him in the celebration.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
husain_14 said:
2 years now since I fell in love with Barca XT and the love keeps on growing. Thank you for giving me the best place to gather info on FCB.

Seen some bad times from the crap days of Van Gaal to the resurgence under Antic. From the huge exodus of members after the 'big crash' to the animated frenzy that the forum is today. Lets keep the place going guys, and its been a pleasure meeting you and all. And to all of those that arent here anymore, Id like to wish them the best of luck in their lives ahead. ;)

Cheers.
Itni jaldi apni bachi ko bhool bhee gaya hai!! :tongue: Sharam nahin aati. :D Don't let her read it. ;)

Nice post and gesture! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Koeman4 said:
My first nick was "jagisbert" (I changed it later to Koeman4)
I remember JAGISBERT. :howler: :howler: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
well i've been following Barca for almost 10 years(even if i'm not that old :D).
and Barca is everything for me,everything.i've never been so passionate and devoted for something like for this club.:hopefull:
i love FCB :star:

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Also the fact, that some of us who were not born in Barcelona, and are not even closely related, were nobody really forced the club on us.... it is commendable!

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Haroon said:
Itni jaldi apni bachi ko bhool bhee gaya hai!! :tongue: Sharam nahin aati. :D Don't let her read it. ;)

Nice post and gesture! :thumbsup:
Hahah naheen yaar in farangion ko kia pata asal pyaar kaunsa hai ! :D

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
JA... Gisbert is too close to Gaspart for my taste!!! You are eeeevil!!!!!! haha

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
OK, my turn... I first started liking Barça when I was around 10 years old, when they got Maradona, he left only 2 years later as you all know, but I remained a Barça fan, even though I wasn't able to follow the team's matches 100% in the 80's. Then with the match re-caps on shows like TSN Soccer Saturday here in Canada, I was able to follow the Dream Team religiously with those extended match highlights (that show was amazing, but it only lasted a few years, they would show extended highlights from every match of every major league from all over the world).
Now I can't believe that it's been around 23 years since my first contact with Barça. I have seen so many highs and lows, and even when things gets their lowest (the last 5 years were the worst since I have become a fan), I can't bring myself to think anything bad about the club or even think of deserting it, because it's like it's engrained in my psyche!
I guess it's just strange that I am putting so much value into winning La Liga this year, considering how successful the club has been since I became a fan. In the 90's alone, Barça won 6 Ligas, not to mention the Euro Cup and the other Copas; and now after such a long barren spell, 1 liga title is getting me excited...
Through all this time, I have brainwashed so many people around me and "guided" them to appreciate Barça, so even the ones who didn't become 100% fans, have at least gained respect for the club on other levels.
Unlike K4, I am not surprised by the size and dedication a following the club enjoys all over the world, because I have seen it first hand, and I guess I am an example of it myself. I have traveled all over Europe (actually all over the world), but I have never been to BCN, and despite that, I still feel 100% Cule, and I have met many others in all kinds of places; so seeing this dedication on places like XT isn't a shock to me.

Anyways, enough talking... Visca el Barça, and I can't wait to set foot in Camp Nou in 2 months...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts