Xtratime Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big Brother has become something of a phenomenon.

My Little Eye is a low-budget, shot-on-digital-video horror film and akin to The Blair Witch Project, and the chances are, if you liked that, you’ll like this too.
Though I think it was released last year, I saw it last week, and I LOVED it! What a cool movie! One of the best (horror)movies I have seen in the last few years.
I didn't know what to expect from it, though I knew the basic story and that it was a thriller/horrorflick.

The basic set-up is simple. Five strangers accept an internet challenge to live in a deserted house in the middle of nowhere for six months. The house is covered in little cameras, meaning that the housemates are live, on the internet, twenty-four hours a day. The multiple webcams are the cams which provide us the images of what's going on.
If they survive, they'll get a million dollars each. However, if one of them leaves, they all lose. The movie begins in the final week of the six months and spooky things are starting to happen…
Is the internetcompany simply trying to spook them to deter them from collecting their prize money, or is there something more sinister at work...

Perhaps you think by now, this is a movie I have to see! Then by all means, do not continue with reading any further. I didn't post any spoilers in the latter part of this post, but I might think it could take away some of the excitement when u are about to watch it.

My Little Eye uses various tricks for that authentic look, like infra-red photgraphy for scenes shot in darkness, or even cameras set in pens and torches to underline the fact that nowhere can the broadcast be escaped. The use of the nightvision adds a certain other dimension. It makes the characters appear sinister and ghostly, but most effective of all is the disturbing way that it illuminates their eyes, giving them an almost possessed look.
The shocks are handled nicely and you even begin to share the paranoia of the house-mates as to whether they are really being watched and who exactly is watching...really original imo and very impressive.
Aswell as the ending. I kept hoping throughout the movie that the ending wouldn't be dissapointing, and thank God it wasn't! The movie unleashes a tension filled final act that delivers all that was promised before.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts