Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Looks great man :cool:

The result wasn't that great though :lala: ;)

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Prince-O said:
The result wasn't that great though :lala: ;)
Nah... doesn't really matter, we want to win the Cupfinal ;), and trips to Heerenveen are always nice :thumbsup: !

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took em with me to Solna (Stockholm) as well... so also in Sweden they now about the lovely Ikurrina ;)!

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Time for an update... :D.

First I want to say, been to Ireland last week and they really seem to love Basque Country, not that I didn't know that yet, but it was more than I expected... I saw Ikurriña's everywhere!

Anyway, first some (old) pics of mine :D.
World Youth Championship in Holland 2005
Kerkrade

Enschede, where they robbed em the bastards

So, again Enschede for vengeance :tongue: (a friend of me showing)

Athletic's preseason tour 2006 :D
Essen (versus Rot-Weiss)

Spakenburg (versus IJsselmeervogels)

(forgot to make a pic of my Ikurrina in Köln :wallbang:)

My Ikurriña at Lansdowne, Dublin, last week...

Certainly will try to take my Ikurrina to more matches / events and so, but unfortunately in Holland it's still unknown and because of that stewards and security are causing troubles... for example Palestinian and Israeli flags are forbidden in Dutch stadiums.

---

Anyway, so, as I was in Ireland, here some pics of more Ikurriña's I spotted over there... Erin go Bragh! :thumbsup:
At Lansdowne as well, when you look good, on the left...

In Dundalk

Gaelic football fans...

*** to be continued *** ;)

·
Registered
228 Posts
we should simply have a permanent thread: Ikurriñas throughout the World. :thumbsup: (i guess my first contribution could be a foto of my Ikurriña bumpersticker on my car. :smileani:

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No new pics, but a question this time... is there a difference between the 'normal' Ikurriña' and the 'Gora Euskadi Ikurriña' with the shield? Except they look different ;) :pp.

It's these two...

I'll try to take my Ikurriña to more matches btw, but I should be carefull in Holland like I told :).

Anyway, now I'm asking though, I see this one quite a lot too, what does it mean? Especially the eagle is a symbol I see a lot.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Well, the difference between both ikurriñas is easy, isn't it? The first is just the ikurriña and the second has Gora Euskadi and the shields of the 6 basque provinces, there isn't much to explain I think.:D

The arrano beltza (black eagle) is the seal of the kingdom of Navarre while it had the 6 basque provinces under it's reign. Won't get into politics, it's another flag of Euskal Herria, just as the ikurriña. The ikurriña is accepted in all the basque territories (iparralde and nafarroa included) but outside EH (in Spain, mainly) it can be seen more as a symbol of just the CAV (Bizkaia, Araba, Gipuzkoa) because it's the official flag of the CAV while South Navarre (CFN) has a different one, officially.

Some people prefer the Arrano Beltza although as I said the ikurriña is more comonly accepted, not that people in general have anything against any of them.

A bit more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrano_beltza

·
Registered
121 Posts
Red Star 93 fans with the Ikurriña

Found this photo on the homepage of the French cult club Red Star 93 showing Red Star fans with the Ikurriña. Nice! :)

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's always nice of course! Any special reason?

Pity of the British flags though :pp .

·
Registered
121 Posts
Since this topic is dedicated to the beautiful Ikurriña, I'll tell you guys about my latest purchase here. Today a nice pin showing the Ikurriña and also a necklace shaped like the map of EH and in the Basque colours arrived in the mail! And also this flag:

Euskozale? Me? Nooo... ;)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts