Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the opportunity to go to two CL qualifiers last summer. The win over Ferencvaros and Mallorca. Here are a couple of sweet pics from the Mallorca game, outside and inside of Poljud.

http://members.aol.com/hudprog

I went to a dinamo game in '87 but was too young to remember much about it. Last summer was unreal though. The only soccer games I get to go to are in America. Could two atmosphere's be more contrasting? During American soccer games, people just sit and little girls scream "go team go". Poljud was nonstop standing, singing, and chanting. I lost my voice during the Mallorca game.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
well in all honesty, Mallorca game was probably one of the best examples you will be able to find ever ;-)

I was there, and it owned completely

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
great pics. Poljud rocks.

I watched Hajduk v Pristina back in '84 (i cant remember too much coz i was only 4 yrs old) when Hajduk won 2-1 :) But i have a postcard sized photo of Poljud and players, and on the back all the signatures of the 84 side. Somehow my dad managed to get all the players to sign it. :)

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Fix this link buddy!
I had the chance to go to those two games for CL,but I didn't and now I m sorry.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
My first hajduk experience happened in Sept. 1990 when they came to New York to play my club team NY Croatia. We lost 3-0. A few months before that, we played Dinamo in May of 1990 and tied them 1-1.

As a Hajduk fan I found the players on Hajduk to be a bunch of jerks, the only time they became nice to me was when I told them where my father was from and who one of my cousins was (Ivan Gudelj).

The Dinamo guys were cool. They hung out with us and were great overall. Alen Peternac actually stayed at my house.

Even though I will always be a Hajduk fan, the Dinamo guys were much better.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry guys. I don;'t know what's wrong with the link. Damn you AOL. I manually typed it in and it still doesn't work. It looks like all AOL personal websites are down. It may take time, but it'll eventually work.

By the way. Try to guess who I got my tickets from for the Mallorca game. That's right.....Zoran Vulic. My strina's cousin from New York was in Croatia and he knows Vulic. He still has connections in the organization and we met him at a cafe the day before.

Also, the Mallorca game was the one where Stimac got banned for a couple of games for starting a fight after the game in the tunnel. Also, the Hajduk organization got about a $7,000 fine by UEFA for having rowdy fans.

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
Also, the Mallorca game was the one where Stimac got banned for a couple of games for starting a fight after the game in the tunnel. Also, the Hajduk organization got about a $7,000 fine by UEFA for having rowdy fans.
even though being a Dinamo fan i am still pissed at that series between Hajduk and Mallorca b/c Hajduk deserved to go on! like come on how much can Uefa hate us? fining us $7 000 for having rowdy fans:cool: :eek: those fans were the best that day! totaly packed Poljud not many things were thrown onto the field and no one invaded it so that qualifies as being on thier best behaviour:) and that Stimac thing was a set up:depress: weiner Spaniards

·
Registered
508 Posts
Great pics hajduk chicago. My first hajduk experience was bak in the day in 87' the league Hajduk was playing celik zenica at the poljud. I was like six years old heheh But i stil remember, its sad though i was more interested in geting an icecream from the sladoled man than watching the game. My other hajduk experience was in 97 uefa cup Hajduk vs malmo. Too bad i wasnt on the sjever i was at zapad like near the predsjednicka loza b the tunel heheh but jebiga it got crazy over there too, just comes to show when hajduk plays it realy doenst mater wher u sit u still feel the energy.

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
I used to watch 'em on TV, I was a Dinamo supporter in the old yuga, they weren't quite as commie as Hajduk my old man used to say.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I dno man i dont see it that way. All teams including dinamo and hajduk were commie, i mean the entire uprava was , its the way it had to be. U cant compare/contrast. As both clubs had elements of both sides. Even there was a split in the supporters, if u ever look at old footage of hajduk from the 60s and during the croatian spring in the 70s for instance u can see although hajduk 'oficial' imposed grb had a star u can se in the stands many fans have the real checkered grb (ok with a star infocorporated in the middle as in those days it had to be so). Athough tito though of hajduk as his favorite cro club ( he wanted to change the name to partizan split but it was never let to happen) tat should not al of a suden make hajduk a comie club, because Hajduks fans were always only for their Split and Croatia. (although in the old days hajduk had many non cro suporters.)

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
I'm sure that Hajduk and Dinamo were equal in hat respect, but they were viewed differently in those days. Hajduk was the club that the more moderate Croatians supported in Mostar, and Dinamo was supported by those who wished to be 'outspoken' Croats.

No disrespect to Hajduk, but they had a bigger red star on their grb than the Belgrade club bearing that very name. Dinamo kept the checkers.

This is probably the biggest reason for Hajduk being viewed as commie moreso than Dinamo. This probably wasn't the case, but that's how it was.

·
Registered
508 Posts
ye i kno wat u mean ero BUT the 1 thing tat pises me off is wen ppl say ooo hajduk je imao petokraku a dinamo grb. I think tats totaly irelevent cz everyhting was determined by the comies like i said hajduk rallied to return the grb during the croatian spring but were unsuesful . Dinamo for a fact did not have a grb on their sign till 1969 u can chek out www.hqfl.dk for this,, how did dinamo get 1 and hajduk not? i canot anwer that but i dont think it has anything to do with dinamo more croat-ness than hajduk. The fact tat hajduk had a zvijezda in those days shuld not be used against them cz it was the regime tat ditated wat went and wat didnt. Although i dont disagre with wat u said suporting dinamo especialy in the 80s was a huge cro nationalist sentiment but we also should not forget this semtiment of cro nationalists was also the mainstream view of hajduk supporters in the 70s.

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
I know Omolje, as I said, it was the general view based mainly on popular beleif and suspect evidence.

They're equally Croatian, and Hajduk actually kept it's name :tongue:

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
lol, how things change, now Hajduk and Dalmacija are even a bit too right wing for me, while Dinamo and Zagreb are left wing... interesting

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
they can never be too right wing ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts