Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The U.S. game was the most dissapointing soccer game of my life and i have played 7 years of soccer now with some very tough losses in those years. But although every thing looks grim, this is the time our team needs us the most. The beautiful thing about soccer is any team can win on any day. And thats what happened.
I must admit that i have been a supporter of A.O. because he got us to qualify but starting Baia over Ricardo(who will be one of the best portugal ever had) was a fatal error and he could be charged with treason for it. But what it comes down to is that we were not ready. For what reason, i dont know, but we just werent. But you better bet your f*cken ass we are now. Every one knows that Portuguese have short tempers and i am damn sure the Portuguese are pissed right now so the World better watch out because Portugal is far from done. The way i look at it we have just begun. Many of my fellow portuguese have already given up hope. All this loss does is make it so much sweeter when we win this damn cup. So instead of blaming this and that jujust say FORCA PORTUGAL. If i were coach I would start this line -up with is quite similar if not excat to Couto 5 who by the way is a damn smart person when it comes to our team and i wouldnt mind if he coached our National team

.....................................Ricardo

Frechaut.........Costa.............Couto.................Rui Jorge

.........................Petit....................Sousa

Conceicao....................Rui Costa......................FIGO

.....................................Pauleta

And another thing.. When FIGO has the ball my heart stops. There is nothing more beautiful in soccer.

GOD I LOVE PORTUGAL

·
International
5,629 Posts
Welcome #9!

Figo even at 75% is a pleasure. Do you recall that spinnarama he had between 3 US defenders. SWEET!

I like your team. But take away Jorge Costa and insert Jorge Andrade. Take away Sousa and insert Nuno Gomes. We need to win and win big our next two games.

But lest not we forget, the most important game right now is the Poland game. Those guys are also wounded animals after losing to Korea. We have to be ready from the get go.

I believe we will still qualify in 1st place out of this group.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Soccerstud9 said:

And another thing.. When FIGO has the ball my heart stops. There is nothing more beautiful in soccer.

GOD I LOVE PORTUGAL
I agree with your Figo comment but I don't think Jorge Costa will start. He is not cut out for hot, humid, lazy weather.

My guess? He'll drop Jorge Costa. Is that the right thing to do? I dunno. I'll tell you why: if JC plays, he'll be more aware and would want to make up for his sloppy performance against the US.

But, if Oliveira plays JC, there's no way JC can last the whole game so he'd be a waste of a substitute. Maybe this is a better scenario. Tell me what y'all think.

Frechaut.........JCosta.....................Couto.................Rui Jorge

.........................Petit....................JAndrade...................

Conceicao....................Rui Costa......................FIGO.....

.....................................Pauleta.....................................

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I love the way figo plays dont get me wrong he is our best, but tell me something, who here with me agrees when RUI COSTA is on his best form, he is THE BEST IN THE FRICKEN GALAXY. I think what he does is magical with the ball.

P.S lose paulo sousa put beto for is place, he had some good runs the last game

·
Registered
21 Posts
This would be my lineup:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ricardo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>frachaut>>>>>>>>Beto>>>>>Andrade>>>R.Jorge

>>>>Conceicao>>>>>Petit>>>>Bento>>>>>>>>>Figo

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>R.Costa
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pauletta

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think Baia, J.Costa, and Couto are garbage.. They are out of shape and to slow.. How can they hang with S. Korea?..Baia, was shaky at goal to say the least.I think the best players on the the Portugal side were Conceicao and Beto.. I think Beto won a starting spot either as a CB or RB. Also, i'm pretty sure P. Bento will be starting along side Petit in the next match.

I also perdict AO will either resign or grt fired after the world cup.. I perdict that either C. Quiroz or Toni will be the next NT coach.. Well, i just heard C. Quiroz signed with Man U for 3yrs and an assistant coach, so most likely it will be Toni..

I also think AO subs were garbage. This guy cant coach at all!!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Portugal4ever said:
I think Baia, J.Costa, and Couto are garbage.. They are out of shape and to slow.. How can they hang with S. Korea?..Baia, was shaky at goal to say the least.I think the best players on the the Portugal side were Conceicao and Beto.. I think Beto won a starting spot either as a CB or RB. Also, i'm pretty sure P. Bento will be starting along side Petit in the next match.

I also perdict AO will either resign or grt fired after the world cup.. I perdict that either C. Quiroz or Toni will be the next NT coach.. Well, i just heard C. Quiroz signed with Man U for 3yrs and an assistant coach, so most likely it will be Toni..

I also think AO subs were garbage. This guy cant coach at all!!!
I think Pacheco would be the perfect man for the job, after all he did with Boavista ,with players of a questionable quality.

·
Registered
109 Posts
my vision for 2004

head coach- Jaime Pacheco

Ricardo(Boavista/???)--Moreira (Benfica)--Quim (Braga)

Paulo Fereira(Porto)--Frechaut(Boavista/????)

J.Andrade(Porto/????)--Beto(Sporting)--R.Carvalho(Porto)--Litos (Malaga/???)--R. Costa(Porto)Caneira( Inter/???)

Left Defence?????????

Petit(Boavista/???)--Tiago (Benfica)--Joca(Porto)--Ednilson(Benfica)--Bosingwa--(Boavista)

Sergio Conceiçao(Inter)--Quaresma(Sporting)---Simao(Sporting)Candido Costa(Porto)--Cesar Peixoto(Belenenses/???)--Miguel(Benfica)

Hugo Viana (Sporting/???)--Hugo leal(PSG)--(Danny(Maritimo)--Neca(Belenences/???)

Nuno Gomes (Fiorentina/???)--Postiga (Porto)--Makukula(Salamanca/Nantes)--Ronaldo 16 years old from Sporting B

this team is going to be better than the (Gold generation)

M

·
0 Posts
Only this time we MUST bing through better strikers, Defenders and goalies. Portugal always produce world class midfielders we need more strength in other areas.

As for strikers what about Lourenco of Sporting? He always inpresses me when he plays.

Pacheco would be good coach for the national team he can get the best out of smaller players and insert some organisation into the team!

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Soccerstud9 said:
The U.S. game was the most dissapointing soccer game of my life and i have played 7 years of soccer now with some very tough losses in those years. But although every thing looks grim, this is the time our team needs us the most. The beautiful thing about soccer is any team can win on any day. And thats what happened.
I must admit that i have been a supporter of A.O. because he got us to qualify but starting Baia over Ricardo(who will be one of the best portugal ever had) was a fatal error and he could be charged with treason for it. But what it comes down to is that we were not ready. For what reason, i dont know, but we just werent. But you better bet your f*cken ass we are now. Every one knows that Portuguese have short tempers and i am damn sure the Portuguese are pissed right now so the World better watch out because Portugal is far from done. The way i look at it we have just begun. Many of my fellow portuguese have already given up hope. All this loss does is make it so much sweeter when we win this damn cup. So instead of blaming this and that jujust say FORCA PORTUGAL. If i were coach I would start this line -up with is quite similar if not excat to Couto 5 who by the way is a damn smart person when it comes to our team and i wouldnt mind if he coached our National team

GOD I LOVE PORTUGAL
Thanks for the kind words Soccerstud !!
You line up looks good , But Andrade will Play V Poland. JCosta has been a loyal servant to us , but in this time of need we dont need him , we need ANDRADE, who with his speed can break up the lines . Ther is talk of Sousa playing aswell , & if he done get to the line , Bento will be stepping in, JVP will be out.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Favio said:
my vision for 2004

head coach- Jaime Pacheco

Ricardo(Boavista/???)--Moreira (Benfica)--Quim (Braga)

Paulo Fereira(Porto)--Frechaut(Boavista/????)

J.Andrade(Porto/????)--Beto(Sporting)--R.Carvalho(Porto)--Litos (Malaga/???)--R. Costa(Porto)Caneira( Inter/???)

Left Defence?????????

Petit(Boavista/???)--Tiago (Benfica)--Joca(Porto)--Ednilson(Benfica)--Bosingwa--(Boavista)

Sergio Conceiçao(Inter)--Quaresma(Sporting)---Simao(Sporting)Candido Costa(Porto)--Cesar Peixoto(Belenenses/???)--Miguel(Benfica)

Hugo Viana (Sporting/???)--Hugo leal(PSG)--(Danny(Maritimo)--Neca(Belenences/???)

Nuno Gomes (Fiorentina/???)--Postiga (Porto)--Makukula(Salamanca/Nantes)--Ronaldo 16 years old from Sporting B

this team is going to be better than the (Gold generation)
& you would know what would be the cream on top of this cake ???

a 33yo Figo playing ala his late years at Romania, 2years without International pressure will freshen him up !!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts