Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wzup guys, I would like to get some info about Bröndbys striker Peter Madsen, what is his qualities and so on.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Before the Brøndby guys respond, maybe you'd like to get a view from a neutral :). I think Madsen is an absolutely amazing player. One of the biggest talents to emerge from Danish football in a long time IMO, as he has the agression which is seen in big players very often, and he's mastered to control it more and more lately. I must say though, that he's still a player who makes way too many bastard moves, breaking peoples noses and more :eek:. If he can learn to control his mentality, I think he can turn it to the positive and become an even better attacker than f.ex Ebbe Sand in Schalke. He's a brilliant technique, which results in him very rarely picking the easy solution. However, when he suceeds in his tricky moves and dribbles, which he does very often, he's outstanding. He's become the topscorer in Denmark this season, and just won the 'player of the season' award.

He's very fast aswell, and he has a very hard and precise shot which makes him a player able to create on his own, and not just a 'poker'. I think he has technique to make it in Serie A aswell as La Liga. EPL and the Bundesliga would also be options, though I'd preffer the two first mentioned.

Which club do you support, and do you come here asking about him because he's been put into connection with any specific club :)?

Daniel

·
Registered
320 Posts
And now for a nonneutral resonse:D

I agree with pretty much everything Daniel has written:) But im going to write something about his encounter with Jaap Stam....

I used to doubt if Peter Madsen could do the things he does in the Superliga to some of the worlds best defenders. This i don't anymore though. When he played for Denmark against Holland I was amazed!!! He played Jaap Stam for a fool on several occasions and actually managed to make him look like a mediocore defender:eek: He only played 2 half of that match and yet he managed to get a penalty and hit the post:eek: Having seen this i nolonger doubt that he can succed on every level in every single league:)

As for him being aggressive then it is a problem for him. What he did against FC. MIdtjylland was a disgrace and he really needs to work on it! Having said that it is also a big advantage to play in this agressive way. I have never seen Elkjær:strong: play but i have been told that he was agressive in the same way Madsen is.

The fact that he pretty often chooses the spectacular solution is something he has to get rid of if he wants to succed in a great club. Sometimes i costs points that Madsen chooses to finish with his heel or something like that, and that mustn't happen in a great club. Ofcourse these tricks are ok when the win have already been sealed and im sure the next owners of Madsen will have a lot of fun while seing what he is capable of doing.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I pretty much agree on the post above. But I still want to share my oppinion. I think Madsen is the greatest forward since... anyone!!! He is very 'undanish' to put it as close as I can. (IMO)
the typical strong airial player like Sand, Møller etc. (there is ofcourse the Laudrup bros, but I consider them 'undanish' aswell. theres also the reasent wingers developed in the danish world of football with Rommedahl, Løvenkrans, Grønkjær etc. but unlike Madsen they often play on the side, and hardly ever as frontman. ) and he has absolute magical ballcontrol to say the least, as Danner also pointed out.

If you want to buy him you most defenetly should play him every time!!

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was told that Danish people are the most kind people around, you sure made that announcement a little bit more truly.

My friends, I´ve read that Fatih Terim of the turkish club Galatasaray has offered Peter Madsen a contract and that he had accepted it - I don´t know if the deal is done but I just thought it would be intresting to hear what you guys thought about this guy.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
That's a rumour I haven't heard yet :). What I have heard though, is that Peter Madsen has just rejected a move to an unnamed club. I hope I ain't destroying your hopes. Anyway, IF he's going to Gala, you should be thrilled. But I actually think he wants to move to an even bigger league, not trying to talk down here. But sure, you could offer him European adventures and a nice salary I'm sure :strong:.

Daniel

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alltid kul med lite nordbor i Galatasaray - but seriously, I understand what you are saying, the turkish league isn´t EPL, La liga or Seria A, but he won´t be able to shine in the CL every single year at a club abroad. Terim will turn Madsens agressivines to something positive and he will develope to be on great player, better than he is now, which Terim is able to do with players.

Just hoping he will choose Gala - it will be positive for both sides I think

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Svenska, eh :)? Jeg pråttar ligeså brå svenska som....ahh, feck it :D.

No doubt Terim could be an amazing mentor for Madsen, and I'm sure he would be a great asset for you aswell. Still I agree with you, the Turkish league doesn't have the best reputation. Especially after your payrow last year I think. Too damn bad, because you have great potential.

Daniel

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Yes it's true that he and Per Bjerregaard have rejected an offer from an unnamed club. It could be Gala:). Like Daniel, I also don't think he's aiming for that kind of club and league. His future will be in the rumours for now untill after the World Cup. He has said that he won't talk about a move before the World Cup is finished. Another thing is that he might even stay at Brøndby. Especially when he has the chance to play in the CL. Which will be a great way to show some skills for the European top clubs. He could also make an 'Ebbe Sand', which means he will stay for another season before moving abroad. Sand did that after his glorious 28-goal-season. He stayed for the next season to mature a bit more and he scored 19 goals. Well it's all rumours. But I would still love to see him staying another season at the club;)

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you guys remeber when Madsen rejected an offer from a unnamed club? Was it recently(within a couple of days) or a couple of weeks. And do you have an idea why the club is unnamed? Why not mention the clubs name?

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
It was in this week I think. I don't know why it was unnamed. But maybe because of the press. It could create more unnecessary rumours.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
It was as recent as can be. I think they chose not to mention the clubs name to avoid making anyone angry. If he'd gone out and officially said he'd rejected a move to Gala, maybe other players would chose that aswell, or it could put the club in a negative light :).

Daniel

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Guys I have to ask you if you know any danish football sites(newssites)? I would like to check them out, and thanx for replying

·
Registered
320 Posts
ON onside.dk there is a articel in whoch Peter Madsen states that he will probably sign for noone until after the world cup. This articel also says that he has rejected an offer from a foreign club

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey, is Madsen in the danish world cup squad? But I have ever seen him play, maybe it´s his first up-call or what?

Rommerdhal, Jörgensen, Sand, Gravesen - guys you are having lot´s og expectasions for the world cup or what!

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
He truly sounds great, I understand he is defnitely looking to move to Italy6, Spain, France, England, Germany (who would want to choose Turkey:D ) but he would dewfnitely benefit, especially from terim who loves such players and grows them. We are also directly in the champions lague, no eliminations played, so he has the chance to show his skills to whole europe. Look how many players have left us to big clubs in the last 2 years. Hakan in Parma, emre, okan in inter, ilie to valencia(jardel may soon too). He can move to the best clubs in the world after showing his skills and proving he is worth to buy after gala's cl campaign,

and last and in my opinion the most important of all, he can play for a club and a coach with top ambitions in world club level.:)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Maestro, Madsen has played 6 games, I believe :angel:, for the Danish NT. He's done pretty good although he hasn't scored yet.

Carlito; I agree very much with you, it'd be an amazing chance for him. But then again, maybe he can go to a club in Spain (Valencia have been after him), or Italy with an equally great coach and CL- but I don't know :). I don't make the decisions....though I'd like to ;). In fact I'm a fan of Brøndby's, Madsen's team, worst rival FC København :strong:.

Daniel

·
Registered
765 Posts
Peter "Magic" Madsen has 4 caps for the nt. Many more to follow. My nick is a tribute to this player - he's called Magic among Brøndby fans and he wears #10.

This season with Magic (without injuries) has been magnificant - he's one of the reasons why I bother going to a match like Brøndby-Viborg. He tries to do the unexpected in weird situations... His goal against OB where he scores with his stommach or was it his **** is a typical Magic move .. he has beside a brilliant tecnique - the WILL to win. He's hungry!

Here goes a song dedicated to Magic:

Åhh mor mor mor... åhh mor mor mor...
ved du hvorfor... mit hjerte slår så hårdt...
Jeg har set PETER MADSEN
Jeg har set PETER MADSEN...
Åhh mor jeg tror jeg elsker ham.

Translated :
Ohh mama mama mama... ohh mama mama mama...
do you know why my heart beats so fast...
I have seen PETER MADSEN
I have seen PETER MADSEN
Ohh mama I think I love him.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts