Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...we have a tie!

30 people voted and here's what we got. 1st place vote is worth 5 points, 2nd place vote worth 3 points and 3rd place is worth 1 point

Name & Team 1 2 3 Total
1. Raul, Real Madrid 7 3 5 49
1. Mendieta, Valencia 4 8 5 49
3. Makkay, Deportivo 5 5 5 45
4. Figo, Barcelona 2 3 3 22
5. Catanha, Malaga 3 - - 15
6. Rivaldo, Barcelona 2 1 1 14
7. Hasselbaink, At Mad 1 2 2 13
8. Djalminha, Deportivo 1 1 1 9
9. Fran, Deportivo - 2 - 6
9. Salva, Racing 1 - 1 6
11. Alfonso, Betis 1 - - 5
11. Mauro Silva, Depor. 1 - - 5
11. Donato, Deportivo 1 - - 5
11. Djukovic, Valencia 1 - - 5
15. Casillas, Real Mad. - 1 1 4
15. Munitis, Racing - 1 1 4
17. Yordi, Zaragoza - 1 - 3
17. R. Carlos, Real Mad.- 1 - 3
17. K. Gonzalez, Val. - 1 - 3
20. Contra, Alaves - - 2 2
21. Toni Prats, Betis - - 1 1
21. Kasey Keller, Rayo - - 1 1
21. Herrera, Alaves - - 1 1

Thanks for everyone's vote!

Bill

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
??

Raul MVP??? Honestly. He is not as important as for example Catanha was for Malaga.

Makaay? Depor won the trophy as a team (thats why there are so many Depor players here i guess).

Oh well, at least Donato and Hasselbaink was on that list (my picks!).

Prats was another nive suprise, who voted for him? Its true that without him Betis would be having a huge minus on their goal diffrence.

Real&Barcafan

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used this site and another one as well, plus had members of a Spanish Soccer list vote.

There's a Betis fan on the mailing list who wanted something to cheer for this year as his team was relegated.

Overall, I think it's pretty fair. Raul was very valuable to Real Madrid as was Mendieta.

Sure a couple people got silly with their votes but the main idea was to have fun and people did.

Bill

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I think it is a fair result, as both Raul and Mendieta have been irreplaceable this season for their teams. Just look at Rauls goals in Old Trafford or THAt goal against Rayo Vallecano, when he saved Toshacks but(for a while at least :)). Mendieta on the other hand has been instrumental to the major succes of Valencia never before expierienced in their history! And Makaay had to be ther, with his golas for champions Deportivo! :D!

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Actually the winner is Raul, because he recieved more votes for 1st place. So this way he is the single gold medalist and silver goes to Mendieta. Too bad ;)

------------------
Patryk L. AKA labas

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
But an MVP is supposed to be a "one man army"
A guy that inspires the whole team and when he is injured the team just continues to loose!

These are none of Rauls stats this season!

Mendieta is the real MVP this season if you look at that list!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Then go to check how many minutes did Raul play in this season, R&B, you will find we--Real and Spain absolutely can't do with out Raul. Does it mean IMPORTANT??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts