Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MVB for la LIGA

I just read this article and was wondering whether it's done in la LIGA.Have any players been nominated?.If you were to do the nomination who would be your candidates?

Chelsea's Frank Lampard (left) and John Terry have been nominated

Chelsea have dominated the nominations for the Professional Footballers' Association Players' Player of the Year award with three stars selected.
Captain John Terry, goalkeeper Petr Cech and midfielder Frank Lampard have all been shortlisted for the award.

They are joined by last year's winner, Arsenal striker Thierry Henry, Crystal Palace striker Andrew Johnson and Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard.

The winner will be announced at the PFA awards dinner on Sunday 24 April.
PFA chief executive Gordon Taylor believes Lampard and Terry are the front-runners for the award on the back of the Blues magnificent season.

"Frank was knocking on the door when he was playing under Claudio Ranieri last year, when he finished second to Thierry Henry," said Taylor.

"Like John Terry, he's taken his game to another level under Jose Mourinho, who deserves a lot of credit for the way he has brought on Frank, John and Joe Cole this season.

"Frank just wants to play and, like Terry, he has been there week in, week out all season and they have both been inspirational."

Manchester United's teenage striker Wayne Rooney heads the nominations for the Young Player of the Year award.

Rooney, 19, has had an impressive season at Old Trafford since his £27m move from Everton in August.

He faces competition from fellow Englishmen Jermain Defoe, Shaun Wright-Phillips and Stewart Downing.

As a Chelsea fan I would obviously love to see the John Terry, Lampard, Cech clean sweep

From AS
Have your say on 606

Chelsea's Dutch forward Arjen Robben and Man Utd's Portuguese winger Cristiano Ronaldo are also selected.

Taylor says having four Englishmen nominated for Young Player of the Year bodes well for the future of the England team.

"The England manager should be grateful that we have got talents like striker Jermain Defoe coming through," he added.

"Stewart Downing has had a taste of international football and looks like he's got the temperament and ability.

"There's no end to what Wayne Rooney can achieve and Shaun Wright-Phillips has it all to be a special flank man."

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
There's nothing like that in Spain. The newspapers do something lists like these, adding the ratings of the whole season. Probably the most similar thing that I've seen is what "El Pais" (general newspaper) does. They ask for the best player, best coach, etc. to all the coaches of Primera. In any case, it is not an award and this list isn't anything particularly prestigious.

If I had to choose 3 players, I would say Etoo, Deco and Riquelme in no particular order.

If you don't mind, I'm going to move it to the Spanish leagues forum.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Maybe the best Liga award is this one: :pp
XT La Liga Awards

This season the addition of the polls looks like this so far:
Code:
OVERALL TOP-25
Román Riquelme	Villarreal CF	(ARG)	110	12,78%
Samuel Eto'o	FC Barcelona	(CAM)	96	11,15%
Fernando Torres	Atlético Madrid	(ESP)	69	8,01%
Deco		FC Barcelona	(POR)	54	6,27%
Fran Yeste	Athletic Club	(ESP)	51	5,92%
Julio Baptista	Sevilla FC	(BRA)	36	4,18%
Iker Casillas 	Real Madrid CF	(ESP)	29	3,37%
Santi Ezquerro	Athletic Club	(ESP)	27	3,14%
Ricardo Oliveira	Real Betis	(BRA)	25	2,90%
Marcos Assunçao	Real Betis	(BRA)	21	2,44%
Michael Owen	Real Madrid CF	(GBR)	21	2,44%
Xavi Hernandez	FC Barcelona	(ESP)	20	2,32%
Vicente Rodriguez	Valencia CF	(ESP)	17	1,97%
Rafael Márquez	FC Barcelona	(MEX)	14	1,63%
David Villa	Real Zaragoza	(ESP)	13	1,51%
Joaquín		Real Betis	(ESP)	13	1,51%
Ronaldinho Gaucho	FC Barcelona	(BRA)	13	1,51%
Carles Puyol	FC Barcelona	(ESP)	10	1,16%
Diego Forlán 	Villarreal CF	(URU)	10	1,16%
Luis A. Perea	Atlético Madrid	(COL)	10	1,16%
Marco Di Vaio	Valencia CF	(ITA)	10	1,16%
Carlos Kameni	RCD Espanyol	(CAM)	9	1,05%
Ludovic Giuly	FC Barcelona	(FRA)	9	1,05%
Maxi Rodriguez	RCD Espanyol	(ARG)	9	1,05%
Victor Valdés	FC Barcelona	(ESP)	9	1,05%
Maybe some things should be different, from my point of view, but it's a quite fair list. :D

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Ronaldo - Riquelme

1 - 6 of 6 Posts