Xtratime Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read an interview with Adrian Mutu conducted by Gazzetta dello Sport. He had a few things to say.

He said that he is unhappy with his reserve status with Inter: "I don't know what to say , when I first transfered to Inter I was a big believer, but now I am unhappy. I don't play much at all and it is very frustrating for me. I am going to try my best to make the starting line up, at least for the rest of this season. At this point I am very focused on catching a secure place on the national team in prespective for Euro 2000, but in this summer I should go to a club where I am permitted to play." Mutu then hinted about his future: "I would prefer to remain in Italy where I feel my best, but I must take into consideration that I must play. At Euro2000, you will see the real Mutu. I wish for the possibility to probe my qualities at Inter as well."

P.S. This is a translation of a translation so it may not be 100% accurate. But I did my best translating from Romanian to English.

[This message has been edited by EclipsE (edited 25-04-2000).]

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
May be he'd be comfortable in Ajax (club with great traditions). At least at such a team he could feel the atmosphere not only from outside, but from inside also. And I hope I will see him at Euro. I really can not understand Inter, they want Ventola back, Van Nistelrooy (before he ended in Man U), Robbie Keane, etc. I guess they don't deserve Adrian.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
May be he'd be comfortable in Ajax (club with great traditions). At least at such a team he could feel the atmosphere not only from outside, but from inside also. And I hope I will see him at Euro. I really can not understand Inter, they want Ventola back, Van Nistelrooy (before he ended in Man U), Robbie Keane, etc. I guess they don't deserve Adrian.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would personally like to see him in Chelsea. But Ajax would be good for him too because Lobont and Chivu both play there. The thing with Inter is that they sign all these good young players and give them hope. And in the end they end up loaning them out or just selling them. (ex. Recoba, Pirlo, Kollon, Ventola, and now Mutu) It's quite a tradition they have going.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Chelsea is OK. Petrescu would help him with the new environment. As about Inter they have some complexes from Milan (Van Basten, Weah, Sheva are over successful, and they try to catch up with that). And you are right about the young players, they are given hope while the first team is composed of some over rated stars.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
mutu is just whining...he hasnt even been there for a year and he is worried how much he plays? its not like he is a proven good player that is 28years old...he is young and he will be treated like any other young player and thats by benching him.

FORZA 300TH POST!

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
.....and then he will be sold. That's Inter's policy. He shouldn't have joined Inter at the first place.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup chivu you're right, I don't know how he expected to play infront of Vieri, Ronaldo (when healthy), Baggio and Zamarano. But the good thing is that he is still young and has lots of time to develop.

·
Registered
70,616 Posts
Patrick said:
Hehe, you brought back a thread from 2000. :D :tongue:
Yeah...really I thought that this thread belongs to Romanian Forum, I didn´t remember that, at the begining, the Romanian and all the East-European fans, wrote in this European Forum :rolleyes: It´s nice to see some "ancient" posts :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts