Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 309 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like he is on way out . Has asked club for £4 million a season - no doubt to help pay his fine. No way will club pay this . names for dopd Mutu are already flying around - Podolski has been mentioned.

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
We have Osvaldo and Jovetic but I'm sure they'd use some of Mutu's transfer fee to get someone more seasoned.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
They just as well might have fined him the whole 22million euros Abramovich paid for him, what the hell ... ???

This is a Horrible precedent ... let's say you get drunk with your friends and break your [email protected] foot and can't play anymore, are you liable for the whole unrealistic amount a billionaire with too much money paid for you?

9.6million euros, are you ****ing kidding? And THEY fired him? Was he unable to play after the 7 months? WTF? He played like a champion for the NT and like a soldier for Juve after that. Couldn't they just sell him?

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
They just as well might have fined him the whole 22million euros Abramovich paid for him, what the hell ... ???

This is a Horrible precedent ... let's say you get drunk with your friends and break your [email protected] foot and can't play anymore, are you liable for the whole unrealistic amount a billionaire with too much money paid for you?

9.6million euros, are you ****ing kidding? And THEY fired him? Was he unable to play after the 7 months? WTF? He played like a champion for the NT and like a soldier for Juve after that. Couldn't they just sell him?
The precedent it sets is pro footballers have to be responsible, which considering the amounts of money they make, is fair enough.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
There's no way he's responsible for a contract signed between Parma and Chelsea, unless he had that written in HIS contract. If you think otherwise you are delusional. What we have here is a multi-million dollar FINE for taking drugs.

I guess if the son of Abramovich was playing football and they caught him using drugs, he'll get 12 billions, after all he can pay it ... and FIFA needs to make an example.

This is so ridiculous it's going to be in some law book in the future.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Clearly not delusional, because a court has just made him responsible for it!

At the end of the day, he's a pro footballer, he was an asset under contract and getting paid a lot of money. He shouldn't have been a cokehead. I appreciate coke is nice and all, but if you're getting paid that much money to do something that involves not taking it, your employer should be able to expect you to exercise some self control.

Also, I'm guessing he did have something along those lines in the contract. Players will have all sorts of behavioural stuff in there.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
It was NOT a court, it was a fine by FIFA who has no right to award civil damages, etc etc.

IF he had something in his contract, it would have been settled in a real court a long time ago.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Well we'll see how his challenge goes. Have to say I find anyone defending him pretty funny though.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Mutu given Viola ultimatum Saturday 7 June, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fiorentina have warned Adrian Mutu they won’t meet his economic demands. “If he leaves, the money will be used to reinvest in a stronger squad.”

The Romanian has been the star player in their ascent to the Champions League preliminary round, but is said to be unsettled by the arrival of Alberto Gilardino from Milan.

It is reported Mutu has asked for a significant pay rise this season, lifting his contract to £3.2m per year.

“Adrian remains Fiorentina’s best paid player, even with Gilardino’s contract taken into account,” pointed out director of sport Pantaleo Corvino on Radio Radio TV.

In these years he has always shown love for this club, so if he is now making this type of demand it is possible there are other sides behind it.”

Although Corvino did not name specific outfits, Mutu has been linked with Roma, Milan, Bayern Munich and Schalke 04.

“I know that Amauri was sold to Juventus for £20m. If someone thinks Adrian is less talented, then he is valued at less than £20m, but vice-versa if he is considered better.”

Fiorentina are already looking to a future without Mutu and a list of replacements has been drawn up by Cesare Prandelli.

So far the names on that selection include Villarreal’s Giuseppe Rossi, Lazio star Goran Pandev and Udinese’s Italian international Antonio Di Natale

Channel4

Mutu .. why!!!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
IF Mutu leaves Fiorentina..for 15-20mil....than Fiorentina need to bye PANDEV or AFELAY !!
PANDEV is 13-15 mil
AFELAY 15-17 mil

·
Registered
307 Posts
I don't think losing him would be the end of the world, though it would certainly be a big problem when it comes to depth, experience, and CL play. It's pretty well documented that his antics against Cagliari left me not wanting to see him in la Maglia Viola any longer.

My biggest concern is that we would be seen as a club where world-class player leave, rather than come in.

·
Registered
70,197 Posts
Well we'll see how his challenge goes. Have to say I find anyone defending him pretty funny though.
You are idiot or what?

Of course we defend him here because there is no way he´ll pay all that money ok? He was kicked out of Chelsea like if he was useless for football or a drogadict and he proved them wrong. They could keep him in the squad during his suspension without paying him his salary and use him again after that like a normal player, or not? They maybe thought his career was over and he proved them wrong. There was no reason to think that really.

Now you come here with your "I´m always right" attitude saying that it´s funny to find people defending him (which it´s even funnier cause many many people defend him). What should the English teams do with all the alcoholic players of their league? Because if English players are famous for something is for that. But instead of that you keep treating Mutu like a criminal...Since the suspension the only thing this guy did was playing football and try to clean his name; during these 3 years his attitude was exemplar, he served his 7 months ban without complaining, he admitted his mistake...and you come here saying he´s an irresponsible player when you know nothing about him.
Not even the players that get positive to improve performances get a fine of 12 M euros. Mutu won´t pay that money.

Now you can start to say that Mutu bla bla bla bla bla...I don´t give a shit.

On the other hand, I don´t know what FIFA people are thinking to announce this at this moment, just before the euros and when Romania is preparing for 3 very difficult games.
A pity England is not quality enough to be there just to kick their asses as we usually do...

That´s all.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I don't think he'll be leaving Fiorentina, that ridiculous ruling has no fundament, and will be overturned.

To think that he wouldn't play in CL after two years deserving it and making it... it's sad. :(

Despite being a CL type team, Fiorentina isn't very competitive in CL even with him, but without ... I'm sorry but I think this team is kept on a fragile magic spider web weaved by Prandelli ... if you tear a big hole in it it's useless.

When you lost Tony you almost didn't make it to CL, if you lose Mutu too, that's it. Frey can't score and the rest are not mature enough. :) And I think Gila is a good signing and will have a good year ... not enough.

And there's another thing, if you lose him, it's probably to another Italian team like Milan or Roma. Tough luck for you next year.

Roma sold Chivu to Inter and if Inter didn't have him, I bet Roma would be champions now. (and yea, I know, if my aunt had a penis she'd be my uncle ... :))

PS: Rob, you're just not worth it dude. :)

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
You are idiot or what?
Maybe.

Of course we defend him here because there is no way he´ll pay all that money ok? He was kicked out of Chelsea like if he was useless for football or a drogadict and he proved them wrong. They could keep him in the squad during his suspension without paying him his salary and use him again after that like a normal player, or not? They maybe thought his career was over and he proved them wrong. There was no reason to think that really.
He's a pro footballer, who's supposed to be an asset who took coke while under contract. Proved them wrong about what? I'm sure they thought he could become decent again, but he broke the terms of his contract. It's his own stupid fault. Are you sure you're not defending him out of nationalistic bias? I don't think Ferdinand is anything other than a moron for missing that drug test and I wouldn't defend Rooney for shagging prostitues old enough to be his grandma.

Now you come here with your "I´m always right" attitude saying that it´s funny to find people defending him (which it´s even funnier cause many many people defend him). What should the English teams do with all the alcoholic players of their league? Because if English players are famous for something is for that.
English top level footballers aren't alcoholics, though. Ones that were would be punished. Depends on the player and their place in the club. Merson and Adams got looked after by Arsenal and got support for their problems. Gazza got fired when he turned up to work pissed.

But instead of that you keep treating Mutu like a criminal...Since the suspension the only thing this guy did was playing football and try to clean his name; during these 3 years his attitude was exemplar, he served his 7 months ban without complaining, he admitted his mistake...and you come here saying he´s an irresponsible player when you know nothing about him.
Not even the players that get positive to improve performances get a fine of 12 M euros. Mutu won´t pay that money.
I'm not saying he's an irresponsible player, I'm saying he did an irresponsible thing, which he himself has admitted. When you do that, you have to face the consequences. If I do something and get caught, I expect to face them too. Thems the risks.

Now you can start to say that Mutu bla bla bla bla bla...I don´t give a shit.
You typed out a longish reply because you don't give a shit? ;)

On the other hand, I don´t know what FIFA people are thinking to announce this at this moment, just before the euros and when Romania is preparing for 3 very difficult games.
A pity England is not quality enough to be there just to kick their asses as we usually do...
It was obviously the date the hearing was set for, probably set a long time ago.

And no, England aren't very good. Poor attempt at bothering me with that one. ;)

1 - 20 of 309 Posts