Xtratime Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was mentioned in the Roma-Fiorentina match thread, but thought this info was important enough for its own thread. According to Channel4's Football Italia site Mutu suffered a second degree rupture to his medial ligament. Because of this he'll be out of action for the next 4 weeks. Kinda sucks for us because its a pretty busy part of our season including matches against Juve and Everton. Hopefully we'll manage OK without him.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Tough luck going without him, superb player, always loved his style of football, i'm kinda happy though that he will miss our game, after all, he scored in the 1st leg your equalizing goal ..

·
Registered
70,666 Posts
It´s the most severe injury in Mutu´s career.

His first coach, Mihai Ianovschi, says that he will be back in less than one month.

·
Registered
307 Posts
We will certainly miss him, with a very difficult stretch of matches coming up. We (arguably) have 3 derbies on order with Livorno, juve, and Siena as well as a UEFA Cup tie.

*sigh*

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
This is a very pressing problem, I suppose Jorgensen would have to replace him. We're in a lot of trouble now. And we'll miss the exposure that would have generated a lot of talk in the British press about Mutu v Everton. More importantly, we're at a higher risk of losing games.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
its sad to see him injured. hes been doing great. 14 goals in serie A.. hes so close to being top scorer... he will be missed.

·
Registered
297 Posts
GICA said:
His first coach, Mihai Ianovschi, says that he will be back in less than one month.
Uhm, how the hell would he know? :)

Mutu will surely be missed, I just wished we would have taken better advantage of those two one-on-one chances he had against Roma. :wallbang:

·
Registered
70,666 Posts
He knows because Mutu is pure ambition. He will recover quickly doing a big effort, showing again how special is his mentality. Mutu is really a weird case in Romanian football, full of players injury prones. He rarely gets injured.

In fact someone in Romanian forum said: "how did Mutu get injured? he´s superman" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He looks good in those pics. I think he'll be ready by this weekend.

kidding.

·
Registered
70,666 Posts
Yeah said and done. We all know Mutu very well ;)

Hope his knee is strong and he doesn´t get re-injured.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Well, now we see. I couldn't watch the game, but he scored again. He have 15 goals. We needed him in serie A and we're going to need him against PSV.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
He is il fenomeno, no doubt about that :proud:

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Well, now we see. I couldn't watch the game, but he scored again. He have 15 goals. We needed him in serie A and we're going to need him against PSV.
He made great assist to Santana, scored beautiful goal and made great overhead kick which required impressive save by Scarpi. What else want from comeback match :thumbsup::thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.