Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mutu(and I) needs your help!

Guys, i need your support in a "war" i´ve got into. It´s against an argentinian journalist. He is the "relator"(i think the english word is announcer) of the premier league games for Fox sports latin america. The thing is he has something against Mutu. The guy is a complete idiot, an ignorant that only knows what he has seen in the EPL in the last 3 seasons. He has no idea of Mutu´s achievements in italy. He has gotten more and more agressive with him, making it impossible for me to watch the games. He is usually disrespectful with every player that is not from latin america, and when he gets with some players, he goes on and on. He thinks Mutu is selfish, that he doesn´t assist Crespo :confused: . I can´t translate the expressions he uses because they are terms from here, but you can be sure that they are very insulting.
I´ve writen an e-mail to one show of the network, and i´m gonna get the e-mail of the EPL show so i can adress it to him. I ask you to send e-mails asking him to stop with his discriminative behaviour against Mutu or any other player for what it´s worth. I know it may not concern you, but for me it´s becoming unbearable. You can say you watch the games or if you prefer just that you have heard about his comments. I´ll give more details in my next message. Thank you all .

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Crespo can't really be selfish because he can't dribble the ball. He just waits on the line for somebody to shoot bounce off him and for him to take the goal. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Wow, that's too bad about that announcer's unfair critical slant against Mutu..but maybe he sees the world through very unobjective prisms and so he might see Mutu as someone that is a threat to Crespo, a fellow Argentinian..nevermind that they play different positions.

Rumaniac I think you are in a tough spot as most Argentinians probably don't care about Mutu and they would probably prefer to have Crespo lauded at Mutu's expense. Such a thing is probably pretty natural and if I was you I would just try to be as oblivious to this commentator's comments.

The best solution would be for Mutu to start finding goal again! And then that commentator would have to eat his words..or maybe not :(

but hey I'll email anyone and give them an earful if you want!

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are right, Crespo is the selfish one, and this guy doesn´t know that Mutu was the top assister in Italy last season. I don´t care about a negative opinion, but what he does is beyond that. In Chelsea´s game against Boro, when Mutu was about to shoot a free kick, he said: If Mutuuu takes it, i won´t comment it. He´ll send it to the sky. And then he said "i was right", after Mutu sent a low drive onto the wall. In another moment he said: "i´d had it with Mutu, i can´t stand him" Do you think that is an opinion?. Of course he hates him because of Crespo, although Crespo himself said Mutu was who best suited him a while ago. It doesn´t happen with Mutu only, he also does it with Joe Cole, but it´s much worse with Mutu.
I just think that if a couple of people write, they´ll see that he can´t say anything he wants. If he doesn´t change, i can always look for him and kick his ass, but then he would hate Mutu even more:D . I suppose that if Mutu starts scoring again he will have to swallow his words anyway...

·
Registered
25,390 Posts
we can't have our Mutu be treated like that :)

Give us the e-mail and tell us if it's better to write in English or Spanish

P.S. Give us a list of what he said or did wrong so we can use them as arguments.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
We don't have biased commentary here at all, to be honest I can't imagine that being said by a commentator... :confused: :mad: :yuck:

They like Mutu here but they said he lost confindence in front of goal in the last few games, thats the only bad thing. Everybody doesn't like Crespo. If that guy doesn't watch Italian football, then how does he know Crespo, apart from the Argentina games which isn't much to go by? And is that behavior even allowed legally? I don't think it is here to start slagging off players on the mic...

I will do all I can to help, Romaniac. As lupi said, just give us a few more examples of what he says and I'll send him a few emails. :mad:

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Wow what a fuss about some idiot. These commentators are almost impossible to replace ... here inRomania we have a guy Alexandrescu who does F1 ... :yuck:
They broadcasted a protest agains him signed by a lot of people on the same show (it was a kind of "unexpected" moment if you get my meaning) and the guy is still there.
There's nothing to do but ignore the fool.

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The e-mail is [email protected] . The name of the guy is Juan Manuel Pons

Raven: -Those kind of comments are allowed here. specially because they think nobody will complain as long as it is not about a south american. When it comes to them they are A LOT more careful because they fear the players will turn against them.
- i´m sure he knows Crespo mainly because of the NT and of highlights. It´s very common here to see sports journalists that know almost nothing about european football, or only know the most famous players. It´s part of that "the best of the world is here" attitude many argentinians have :depress: . Some of them only watch games where argentinians play, they think europeans are worst. And matches like Boca -Milan doesn´t help at all.

Eugenius: I think that if they receive a couple of mails they will see that some peolpe care and at least think twice before attacking a player.

Lupi: If you can write in spanish it may be better. The important thing would be to tell them that you have actually heard his comments, but i won´t encourage you to lie:devil: . I don´t think we shouls attack him(yet), we should tell them he has crossed the line between opinion and agression.

As for what he has said, well, he got more and more critical with Mutu, saying that he never passed the ball to Crespo, and suddenly in one game(against Fulham) he got crazy and started saying it in every one of Mutu´s interventions, and in an agressive way. It was something i´ve never seen, he must have said it 12 times, it really seemed personal. But the guy is totally impulsive and he did similar things with other players, but never to that degree. Then he just called Mutu with any despective sinonim of selfish the spanish language has, and he repeted this in the next game, when he said the things i posted before, and others like "poor Crespo, playing with this guy that never passes the ball" etc, etc. In that game, he even called Adrian a "faggot", but i think he made a mistake thinking about something else, because that would be out of place even for him.
I think you get the picture. It is important to tell him that there are people that cares about non-south american players and that he can´t say such things.
the funny thing is that while commenting the highlights of the last game, which they didn´t broadcast, he said Mutu played a great second half, and he even said he was unstoppable at one moment:confused: .Can you believe it? I guess he was basing on reports. But i´m sure he will attack him again in the next game, unless Mutu scores a hat trick and gives 3 assists to Crespo at the same time.

GO GET HIM, TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!:fero:

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Yes, Sir! :mad:

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Re: Mutu(and I) needs your help!

The Rumaniac said:
Guys, i need your support in a "war" i´ve got into. It´s against an argentinian journalist. He is the "relator"(i think the english word is announcer) of the premier league games for Fox sports latin america. The thing is he has something against Mutu. The guy is a complete idiot, an ignorant that only knows what he has seen in the EPL in the last 3 seasons. He has no idea of Mutu´s achievements in italy. He has gotten more and more agressive with him, making it impossible for me to watch the games. He is usually disrespectful with every player that is not from latin america, and when he gets with some players, he goes on and on. He thinks Mutu is selfish, that he doesn´t assist Crespo :confused: . I can´t translate the expressions he uses because they are terms from here, but you can be sure that they are very insulting.
I´ve writen an e-mail to one show of the network, and i´m gonna get the e-mail of the EPL show so i can adress it to him. I ask you to send e-mails asking him to stop with his discriminative behaviour against Mutu or any other player for what it´s worth. I know it may not concern you, but for me it´s becoming unbearable. You can say you watch the games or if you prefer just that you have heard about his comments. I´ll give more details in my next message. Thank you all .
Did u get an answer from this clown?

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
not me. :(

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No i haven´t, but i´m not sure they received it. Did your message arrive, Raven?

You know what is weird? He hasn´t been in any of the games Mutu scored in the season, and he has been in almost every other!!!!! it´s like a curse!:eek:

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
The Rumaniac said:
No i haven´t, but i´m not sure they received it. Did your message arrive, Raven?

You know what is weird? He hasn´t been in any of the games Mutu scored in the season, and he has been in almost every other!!!!! it´s like a curse!:eek:
I sent him a few paragraphs FAO: J.M. Pons but I didn't get a return.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts