Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MUST READ: World Cup PL (updated 1/6)

Hi,

In order to facilitate me to tabluate scores (as I have a computer programme to tabulate results:)), I need everyone's cooperation to send in predictions like this:

Team A x-x Team B (Scorers for Team A)(Scorers for Team B) x,x,x,x

Example:
Argentina 2-1 England (Simone, Batistuta)(Owen) A,B,B,A

If everyone cooperates, the Prediction League table will be out within 1 hour of the final game.:) (Unless I did not catch the last game of the day)

Thank you.

paw;)

PS: To the FMs of WC PL forum, I will merge this thread to the Rules and Regulations after one week or two.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
dat's cool with me, although I don't trust machines too much.:embarass: So I'll always check my score.:D:D

But it's really great if the tables are updated soon,'coz nothing kills a game like delays in putting up scores.:(

But I just wanna know,if you're using a computer programme, we're gonna have to be extra careful with the names' spellings right?and the gaps we put between words?For example,you spelled Simeone as Simone in your post.Will your computer programme recognize that you meant Simeone?:)

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Re: MUST READ: World Cup PL (updated 1/6)

paw said:

Example:
Argentina 2-1 England (Simone, Batistuta)(Owen) A,B,B,A

Are you trying to piss me off paw?:D

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Raz, :D

TM, I do doublecheck as well, so there is no need to pay much attention to the spellings. However, do pay more attention to Asian and African teams as the names of the players are quite similar. Do not just put Kim as a South Korean scorer or Li as a Chinese scorer. They are many Kims and Lis around.:)

paw;)

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MUST READ: Important Announcements (updated 3/6)

Important: Changes in Rules

There is a change in the "What you are predicting" section:

Instead of predicting who is defending the goal to the left in the first half, we will change the question to "Who will first earn a free-kick in the opposition half of the field?"

This change will take effect from 6/6 (Day 7). Please change your predictions accordingly if you have made your predictions.

paw;)

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
we will:)

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MUST READ: Important Announcements (updated 12/6)

From the knock-out stages, we are going to predict scores/scorers/AABBs for games at the end of normal regulation time. Which means that the result at the end of 90 minutes (including injury time, excluding extra-time) counts and will be the yardstick.:) Do take note of this.

paw;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts