Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The days have long gone when European teams could only field three foreign players on the pitch at the same time. Team owners had to choose carefully the players they would purchase for the up and coming season and more often than not, new imports would fail and would be sold the following season. We have seen the likes of Dennis Bergkamp, Darko Pancev, Wim Jonk and Angloma come and then depart without success and the merri-go-round of foreign players still continues.

If I have had any complaints over the last few years with reagrds to my beloved black and blues they have been in relation to the number of foreigners at our club. I have nothing against foreign imports who possess immense talent and can take our team to another level but at the same time I believe there is a need to have Italian players in our lineup. I recall fondly the days when Inter had Walter Zenga in goals and a defence that was "Made in Italy". At present we have very few Italian starters and I believe this is a great shame for Inter Milan is an Italian club.

It seems as if Lippi and Moratti have changed their approach for the up and coming season. In past years Inter has looked to South America for new talent but it appears that we are now looking for European Union players and especially young Italians. Pirlo has been recalled from Reggina, Ventola (formerly loaned to Bologna) will be loaned out for another season to Atalanta and we have secured the services of Cirillo and are now looking to secure Brocchi. I am not sure as to the age of Brocchi but it appears that Moratti is buying young Italians and is looking to build for the future. I very much look forward to the day when Inter will field and show their faith in the talented and youthful Italian players that they possess and hope that we might one day have a core of Italian players that are the heart and soul of our team.

Forza Inter!

·
Registered
253 Posts
The move made by Moratti of acquiring all these young talents make it seems like he is beginning to fulfill this vision of yours,not to mention mine too_Or he could just screw up all these talents like he did to many others who came a while ago,only to regret it later.I too hope that Inter would have a strong Italian background in the team and would be a major powerhouse with young,skilled ITALIAN players who would later be playing for the Azzuri.We would be like Juve who has a bunchful of players playing there now.Only Better!.So let's hope Inter handle all our newly bought talents delicately and giving them chances to prove themselves in the team.Who knows,what they could do on the field if given the chance to shine??Then only can we really consider mounting a serious challenge for the scudetto!

Forza Inter!

[Edited by Cloud on 29-06-2000 at 11:18]

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
His intent looks good..Look for the future..Bringing in young talents should only help the team..
It would be nice to have a full team of italians but take a look at it this way..The players that are chosen to play with inter always come to our squad with great respect..
Why do so many players want to come to inter it is a good feeling to know that they all want to play for us..

I think Lippi/Moratti vision is just that look for the future..
Like cloud said hopefully they keep to their intent and dont screw it up...
They must keep foucused>

Z

·
0 Posts
Senna01 your absolutely right. It looks like Inter is finally begining to see the light. We now have three young Italians who all play for the Under 21 national Italian team -Pirlo-Ferrari-and Cirillo. Hopefully we can get a hrdworking midfielder like Brocchi and we just signed Robbiati, and it looks like Lippi has made good on his promise of bringing inthe Italian youth.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Agreed :).

Wut differs Lippi from Hodgson, Simoni or Lucescu?

Lippi's gotta plan for Inter. His not just looking for instant success like Simone did, playing crappy games and getting results(thanx to R9). He's building a team for the future and he is determined to implement his tactics
in the players mindz, even if that will take some time.

If we're just half as injuryproned as last year, I'll think
we'll get either the CL or Scudetto. I really do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts