Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is totally official news. In spain right now, I just got of the phone with my cousin who has read the Madrid press ( they get the paper like 2 am) that printed an article that will make headlines.

Sanz officially announced in the Real club lounge that if PSG pays the expected $26 million transfer, that a deal with Germio will be reached to see Ronaldinho come to Real for 7 years, a cheap $20 million. Ronaldinho said "I am not asking for the wopping amount because I like Real more than barca and well, you would have to pay me too get into the jersey". This could be the payoff real would be looking for, then have about $30 million debts.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
At least you seem happy :( I for one want Anelka to now stay in Madrid - he has adopted after a very long period and it might happen all over again with Ronaldinho. Here are all the minuses I can think of:
1) Ronaldinho is non EU :(
2) he is not a typical striker, more of a support (just like Raul)
3) he is very young, *just like Anelka* and may have trouble adapting to Europe.

On the other hand we have a Anelka, who after many turbulences, looks finally to have settled. I really don't know, but it would be pretty cool if he stayed - I mean he's proved he can be a lethal striker - even more than Morientes. And to be honest, you also have the money - we would only gain 6 mnl$ on this "exchange". One thing that makes me happy, is the fact that Ronaldinho is Madritista. It would be sad for him to move to Barcelona, but...we'll see I guess :)

------------------
Patryk L. AKA labas

P

·
0 Posts
I am not so sure that Anelka is all settled as that. His comments after the CL victory still show someone who refuses to "Take one for the team". There's a saying in English like "there's no I in team". =)

I wonder if those comments 2 weeks ago just convinced Sanz to forget it and write him off

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Guys, guys, guys!
First of all, nobody's been written off already! Are you sure PSG is going to give the money Sanz asks? It sure is a very big amount!
Even Marca that has posted the possibility of the Anelka sell says:

EL REAL MADRID PODRÍA VENDER AL JUGADOR FRANCÉS AUNQUE NO ES FÁCIL QUE SE MARCHE

meaning : "Real Madrid could sell the french player, although him leaving is not easy"

On the other hand, as labas said, Ronaldinio is a more "Raul-like player", not a pure striker. I personally if I had to choose, would rather have another pure striker in the squad, whether it's Anelka or somebody else, not a (possible) Raul-sub.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Glad we agree on this one Hala! :) For now it's just specualtion, so let's not get carried away. And Pablo! he may have said that after the CL game, but Sanz said after that too, that both Mori and Anelka were staying...so who do you believe now? :)

L

·
0 Posts
I have had no bias against Anelka when he came to Real and thought I would give him a fair chance but no matter what you say he has been a waste of £22/23m. He doesn't play 100% for the team saying how he wants balls to him and how he doesn't like being used for different roles etc. He even has said he wouldn't mind going to France now whereas I want a Real player to say they are 100% to this club. Look at Mori he said throughout the speculation he would love to stay and his transfer was upto the club. Roni will be more excited and wanting to prove his worth ,I feel.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Hey, but when Nicola$ moved to Madrid, everyone thought this would be his dream club too. Remember how many times he stated Real is the love of his life? I hope that it won't happen woth Ro too, if it ever has the chance to happen...

------------------
Patryk L. AKA labas

P

·
0 Posts
I love to get carried away, Labas, it's in my blood. =)

As far as the payment concern, hala, here in France, Canal Plus (one of their biggest, if not the biggest, sponsor of PSG) has agreed to pick up most of the tab cos they want him back so bad.

Canal+ has money, and Sanz has left no doubt that he'll listen to that "el dinero es lo primero"

Labas- I want to believe Sanz, and usually I give him the benefit of the doubt, but a lot of times I think he speaks from emotion and then recants.

Believe me, I hope Nico stays, we're tapping still into his potential and it will take more time and patience from both side to make it work

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Ronaldinho=Overrated. Just because he is young and is named "Ronaldinho" everyone thinks about the new Ronaldo. How can you miss that detail?

If you have 20$ to spend, these are my picks.

Mendieta. Would cost more then 20 but he is worth it.

Alfonso. Here is a guy that can play Striker AND attacking M. Just wait until tomorows game against sweden. Him an UrZaiZ will Destroy them!

Real&Barcafan

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
I agree with you Hala!Nobody has been written
off yet!ANd PSG might be a rich club in France(I'm french so i know the club :) ) but i don't think they have the money that Sanz is asking for Nico.Yes Canal Plus is their main sponsor and yes they have a lot of money
but they won't spend that much money on him no matter how good he is.
Another thing people, for Nico to show 100% of his great potential Real has to use him in his natural and most efficient position which is central forward and not winger as he's been asked by Real since the beginning of the season!In that case, if Real keep on using him on the wings, then yes its a HUGE waste of money!Why would you pay so much money for someone and not put them at their optimal position?That's seems rather stupid!!!
You want to see Nico scores tons of goals and Real dominate La Liga, CL and any other competitions they will involved in?Then let him play the way he knows best and he's best known for:a central forward!
As a central forward, there is few ones in the world that are better than Nico.
But the problem i think is that a few people in Real can't admit that some foreigner comes and steal the spotlight from them (meaning Raul!since Raul is the one scoring most of the goals for Real, if Nico plays as a central forward, he'll be the new Real hero and on the spotlights which will deplease Raul and the Real fans)That's a rather dissapointing contradiction but is in fact the sad truth behind all these. :( )
I just hope that Sanz and Del Bosque can see that and changes it so they can fully benefit from their investment on Nico in order for everyone to be happy!And then, Nico will be a serious candidate for the FIFA WORLD PLAYER OF THE YEAR...with RAUL! :)

Allez Nico!Show them all what you're really worth!They ain't seen anything yet!
Forza Magico Milan!
Hala Madrid!
Allez les Bleus!
Arriba Espana!

The world will be...Rossonero...again!

P

·
0 Posts
:agree with you Hala!Nobody has been written
:eek:ff yet!

ok,ok, english is not my language! =) it wasn't the right phrase. however, in light of these comments by him afterwards, pissing off your boss, especially if it's Sanz, isn't the best way to sort out your position in the club =)

:ANd PSG might be a rich club in France(I'm :french so i know the club ) but i don't
:think they have the money that Sanz is :asking for Nico.Yes Canal Plus is their main :sponsor and yes they have a lot of money but :they won't spend that much money on him no :matter how good he is.

I'm not so sure... I've been hearing the Canal+ talk for some time in Paris as well as in the papers. I think that Canal and PSG would spend a lot of money to get him back. PSG is a crap team (especially since the days of Weah and Ginola) and would do anything to solidify their team (though PSG did have a good season this year).

:Another thing people, for Nico to show 100% :eek:f his great potential Real has to use him :in his natural and most efficient position :which is central forward and not winger as
I don't think people question his potential so much as they're tired of his attitude. Some of the stuff he says and the tone just has a "nique ta mere" attitude (ben, san_siro je savais pas comment le dire autrement!) C'est vrai que c'est un gars de banlieue et l'attiude se presente assez souvent.

:But the problem i think is that a few people :in Real can't admit that some foreigner :comes and steal the spotlight from them :(meaning Raul!since Raul is the one scoring :most of the goals for Real, if Nico plays as

I'm not as convinced that this is the case. If so, from the fans, but not so much the team. However, Spain has always been a league that keeps their own moreso than other leagues. I think the problem is dependability. We've seen games where Nico has not been effective, and on the other end, we've seen the Bayern game.

I mean, if I remember correctly (don't kill me if I have the wrong case here!!) Savio also was used in a different position as is Roberto Carlos (I don't know these two come to mine, so be gentle if I'm wrong), so it's all a question of willing to adapt (on all sides).

San_Siro --- je voulais pas t'offenser en repondant a ton message. J'apprecie ce que t'as a dire meme si on n'est pas tout a fait d'accord! =)

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Woooo! Ronaldinho overrated - haven't heard that one befoe, but I admit I haven't seen him play that much :eek: About this Nico crap - PSG will probably buy him - I'm not French, but my cousin is and I talk to him every other day and informs on the situation - he lives in Versailles, how about you guys? :) - so he has told me that PSG will be able to pay 26 mil. $ for Nicola$, but well, I dunno. I want him to stay, that's all I know. And why does someone say he plays a winger role in Real? Are you crazy?!!!! He is a SC nothing more. The only difference is he cannot play like in Arsenal, where he waited for Bergkamp to serve him the ball on the plate! Now he has to work for the whole team - Primera Liga is not as easy as Premiersh|t! Many of you forget that and that's why Nico is having so many problems. He is used to playing in a crap league and cannot adapt to Spain...but that was then and now I believe he is THE MAN in Real for next year (Behind Raul & Mori of course ;))!!!

------------------
Patryk L. AKA labas

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Lab, i don't think that there is much difference in the difficulty of the leagues. players such as Hasslebaank and Macca have come over this year and done well wheras Marcelino, Ismael and Jordi went to England and did not do that well.
I think that the reason for this has nothing to do with the leagues themselves but the tactics in which attacking is often prefered.

About Mr Anelka I don't know if people recall but I was absolutely fuming at the guy and if he went and we got Ronaldinho I would not be that upset. I don't know about Ronaldinho being over-rated as he simply would not get in the Brazilian squad if he was not.
As Lab pointed out the main problem is that he is non EU and this may mean a lot.
One other thing is that he may be young but so was Ronaldo when he went to Barce and he shone soo very much.

·
Registered
708 Posts
oh come on Labas, I don't really want to get into this argument, but give the PL some credit!!! I know this is the Real forum, but still, the PL is quality and I think you know it. I don't like manutd, but when was the last time a team from a crappy league won the CL? :) honsestly, if the PL was crapt, why would players such as Hasselbank, Lauren, Darcourt, Rebrov, and Barthez all be arriving right now? Also, I agree that Anelka should be kept for at least another season. If he doesn't click after that, then it is off to PSG :)

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Pablo, what i was trying to say is Anelka may not have behaved in the best way possible
and that's a fact that can't be ignored. However, he was not helped at all to integrate at the opposite of the other new recrews mainly because the price-tag on his head contributed largely to raise the expectations and pressure on him by 100!
I agree that Nico is a "banlieusard" with a typical "banlieusard" (gettho in french) but hey as the French saying:"Qui cherche la merde, la trouve tot ou tard".
Pablo, t'es d'ou a Paris?T'es un mec du Kop de Boulogne?Tu supportes qui en France?Quelles sont les nouvelles en France a propos de Nico?Tu ne m'as pas du tout offense
au contraire!Mais moi, je suis pas un fana de Nico mais ca me commencais a me casser les burgnes de voir tous ces hypocrites s'en prendre comme ca a ce pauvre mec. Ca me fait mal au coeur vraiment de le voir si mal compris par les fans et la presse espagnole.
En tout cas, j'espere que les gens vont changer leur attitude erronee et hypocryte envers lui apres l'Euro dont je suis sur qu'il va reussir quelque chose de grand...!

Allez Nico!Montre-leur de quoi tu es capable!

Forza Magico Milan!
Hala Madrid!
Allez Les Bleus!
Arriba Espana!

A+ vieux

P

·
0 Posts
:However, he was not helped at all to :integrate at the opposite of the other new :recrews mainly because the price-tag on his :head contributed largely to raise the :expectations and pressure on him by 100!

I would agree. I think in this case, the price on his head caused for jealousy then the fact that he is foreigner. I still think he could use a good psy to learn to deal with this pressure (especially at 21 years)

:I agree that Nico is a "banlieusard" with a :typical "banlieusard" (gettho in french) but :hey as the French saying:"Qui cherche la :merde, la trouve tot ou tard".

exactly. and he has found it! =)

:pablo, t'es d'ou a Paris?T'es un mec du Kop :de Boulogne?Tu supportes qui en :France?Quelles sont les nouvelles en France :a propos de Nico?

Je suis dans le 15e. Vraiment, je ne supportes pas d'equipe. Ben, PSG plus que les autres car je suis a Paris. D'ailleurs, c'est vrai que touts les Bleus sont partis a l'etranger, alors, n'y a personne a regarder ici! =)

J'ai entendu hier que l'offre de PSG n'etait pas suffisant mais ils esperaient regler ce probleme.

J'avais dit qu'il y avait un reportage sur Nico sur TeleFoot a TF1. Oh la la...Si Sanz voyait comment il vit. C pas possible. Je sais quand il est ici, il passe son temps avec Jamel et Joey Starr.

A+

ps: t'es d'ou? t'es en italie?

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Pablo, je suis au canada mais j'habitais dans le sud ouest pres de Bordeaux avant.
Quelles sont les nouvelles de transfert a propos de Nico ?
Quelle(S) equipe(s) vas-tu supporter a l'Euro?

A+

Forza Magico Milan!
Hala Madrid!
Allez Les Bleus!
Arriba Espana!

The world will be...Bleu Blanc Rouge...once again!

P

·
0 Posts
Salut San_Siro,

J'entends que PSG n'a pas assez de fric, enfin PSG ne propose pas assez de fric pour Nico et qu'enfin Juve propose vers $35mil US.

A part ca, il a marque hier soir contre le maroc et il a pris une penalty et djorkaeff al'a reussi.

Quant a l'euro.....mes espangols bien-aimes! Je soutiens la France comme je vis ici mais les Espagnols. =)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts