Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well with all these Music From... threads around I thought I'd throw in one of my personal favourite countries as far as music is involved: Sweden. OK, they gave the world Abba & ummm...probably somebody else but I'm not up on pop music much;)

So I ask you, who are your favourite Swedish acts?

I'll throw a good few names into the arena, most of whom the majority of people here would utterly hate, the way it has to be:D

You have the whole Gothenburg metal scene which spawned bands like At The Gates, The Haunted, Arch Enemy, Spiritual Beggars, In Flames, Soilwork & Dark Tranquility, all of whom rock like people who like to have sexual intercourse with peoples parents (that's mother fúckers to the less perceptive:tongue: )!

And then you have the more punky bands like The Refused, (Internation) Noise Conspiracy & ummm...The Hives. Hmmmm.

Well anyway, prove that Sweden is probably the 2nd best country in Europe for music, behind the UK of course:tongue:

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Kent :star: , The Ark, The Sounds, Caesar Palace, The Mo, Eskobar, The Wannadies, Yvonne, Weeping Willows, Brainpoool ,Melody Club, .... damn i know more about Swedish band:eek:
:rolleyes: :D

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FORGIVE ME LORD FOR I HAVE SINNED GREATLY:(

I forgot to mention Opeth. Opeth are the greatest thing out of Sweden since Tomas Brolin:proud:

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
In Flames and Arch enemy have already been meantioned but they are so good that i will meantion them again :cool:

I can forgive you for leaving out Opeth Cam :D
Aren't they Norwegian anyway?

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
You forgot to mention Ace of Base cam.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Russell said:
Aren't they Norwegian anyway?
Nope, definetly not:)

Ace Of Bass, however did I forget them?;)

That's what you people are here for, after all, I have such a bad memory:eek:

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Ken, Petter, Ayo and Blues are the one I am thinking of. And E-Type to. Has some great songs.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Dr.Alban :D The singing Nigerian Dentist from Sweden :howler: :star:

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
cam said:
Martin Max and somebody else is writing and producing all their hits. The did also that for Christina Aguilera in the beginning but she switched later. Groups like Westlife and other crappy boybands like N`sync is getting their albums produced in Stockholm.

I belive its called Cheiron.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
OPETH - the best band ever. Thank you for that Sweden!:cool:

Also Abba, Roxette, Arch Enemy, Dark Tranquility, In Flames, Soilwork.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts