Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's "Music from France, "Music from German", how can "Music from Italy" miss? :D

What are the most popular Italian singers and bands abroad?

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Well, I guess the most popular right now would be Eros Ramazzoti and possibly Laura Pausini, but I don't think there is someone who hasn't heard of Pavarotti, Lucio Dalla, Andrea Bocelli or even Zucchero... :D

Question: Who sang the first, original version of "Volare"?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gOD said:
I very much like Angelo Branduardi :)
I didn't think he was famous abroad!!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
gOD said:
I very much like Angelo Branduardi :)
Geert, I've met Braduardi personally last year when he was in Greece for a co-concert with a greek mucisian called Lavredis Maheritsas. I was having coffee with my mother after a round of shopping, and Braduardi was sitting in the table next to us. Knowing Italian, I could not resist talking to him... Great guy, but looks and talks like he is crazy. He even gave me free ticket for his concert. :)

And yeah, he's a nice musician. He can play the violin like in fast-forward! :D

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
Geert, I've met Braduardi personally last year when he was in Greece for a co-concert with a greek mucisian called Lavredis Maheritsas. I was having coffee with my mother after a round of shopping, and Braduardi was sitting in the table next to us. Knowing Italian, I could not resist talking to him... Great guy, but looks and talks like he is crazy. He even gave me free ticket for his concert. :)
Lucky bastard ;) He indeed looks a bit weird but I like his voice very much. Also his songs are beautiful. I don't speak Italian but they move me nevertheless.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Vasco Rossi
Nek (a wanna-be Sting)
Tiziano Ferro
Gigi D'Alessio

That all I can think of top of my head...

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GaGa said:
Gigi D'Alessio
NOOOOOOOOOO! Is he famous abroad???? What a disgrace!!! :cry:

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
I wouldn't say Gigi D'Alessio is famous abroad. Thankfully, neither is Valeria Rossi... ;)
She is probably 1 of the most famous 1 hit wonders in Italy...:D

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GaGa said:
She is probably 1 of the most famous 1 hit wonders in Italy...:D
NOOOOOO! I shouldn't have made this thread!!!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Ok guys and girls, top 5 Italian songs...

Currently:

Marco Masini - Vaffanculo
Laura Pausini - La Solitudine
Angelo Branduardi - Vanita' di vanita'
Andrea Bocelli - Con te partiro
Meganoidi - Supereroi

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Lacuna Coil - OK I suppose
Ephel Duath - Probably the best band I discovered in 2003, The Painters Palette is a metal album for all extreme bands to take influence from:)

One of the best albums of 2003, if you don't own it, buy it!

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Oh Dalila... i'm italian but i want preply the same:D:D:D
as i said my favourite is Marco Masini:D ...he's the favourite also of my bro...he know him personally( ...and i'm a bit jelaous) lol:D
i also like:
-Francesco Renga:D
-Alex Baroni
-Zurawski :D:D
-Lucio Battisti
-Timoria
-Linea77
some songs of Articolo 31
-Paolo Vallesi
-Verdena
some songs of Finardi
-Marlene Kunz
-Timoria

when i was 10 years i loved Massimo di Cataldo, 883 ,Laura Pausini, Ivana Spagna, ..... ah i liked all italian music:rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Last summer I discovered Eugenio Bennato on a worldmusic festival here in Antwerp. Bennato plays Tarantella-music a traditional form of Italian music with a lot of rythm. Very very nice

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Gigi d'Agostino, ragazzi! ;)

To be honest, I don't really like Italian music -bar perhaps some classics that have already been mentioned above. 'Vivo per Lei', 'Con Te Partiro', 'La Solitudine', 'Caruso' are all formidable love songs.

But movie wise, I love what Angelo Badalamenti and Ennio Morricone do/did. :)

Ciao.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I wouldn't call "La Solitudine" (or anything else by Laura Pausini) a classic, but it's a nice song anyway... ;)

Steph, discover a band called "Meganoidi". They're good.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts