Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a lot of good music from Ireland. I used to think it was crap, coz I didn't like some of the people that listened to it, but after I got over that and started listening I realised that my country is a great country for music. At the moment there's a lot of good music coming out of Dublin. People like Paddy Casey are writing really good stuff and bands like the Frames, Bell X1 and Keystone.

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
from Ireland......
damn when i was teen ( silly teen) i loved Boyzone and B*Withced from Ireland:D:D:D
i liked also The Corrs:) ....
but now my fave from Ireland are JJ72:star:
i like also Ash...but not so much... i loved the first album

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
No matter what peopl say U2 have some brilliant albums :stuckup:

Isn't Van Morrisson Irish?
Thin Lizzy
The Pogues
and then of course Johnny Logan :D

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
No, not particularly any bands from Ireland I can think of which I'd rate as good, not exactly a metal hot-bed. Much like every where in Scotland outside Glasgow sadly:eek:

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Some of the folk music is also pretty cool. Whisky in the Jar to name one, and a famous one as well. :)

U2 should and will of course be mentioned when talking about Irish music - doh! ;)
Van Morrison is pretty cool as well.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cam said:
No, not particularly any bands from Ireland I can think of which I'd rate as good, not exactly a metal hot-bed. Much like every where in Scotland outside Glasgow sadly:eek:
Thought you might have liked Therapy?

Ever heard of em?

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
I thought Therapy? were Irish but wasn't totally sure, but to be honest I've only heard any of their music about 3 times:eek:

A friend tried to get me to listen to them but I wanted something a little heavier.

I have been meaning to give them a listen to however, so maybe you can add 1 band to the list

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You're a metalhead cam yeah?

Do u like bands like Poison and Motley Crue?

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Mise_Me_Fein said:
You're a metalhead cam yeah?

Do u like bands like Poison and Motley Crue?
I prefer metal bands to cóck rock bands to be honest.

Though the Crue did a couple of semi-decent songs (I was caught singing to the one in Vice City more than once:D), generally I can't stand all those bands. I'm much more into "serious"(wrong word, read the lyrics. Still...) bands like thrash & death metal stuff, Morbid Angel at all that.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
U2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
First off before I reply to the topic - CAM - do you realize you just said that some Motley Crue stuff is "semi-decent" - SEEK HELP - all they're music is complete s*** and I thought you'd appreciate that being into such painfully serious angst ridden music... anyway....

The only one individual Irish band I really like is My Bloody Valentine who are one of my favourite bands of all time. They were amazing, totally revolutionary. Some earlier U2 material I an appreciate but I've really never been into them...

The whole Irish singer /song writer scene does absolutely nothing for me - all this introspective folk nonsense - Gemma Hayes, Damien Rice, The Frames etc etc - I can't stand it.

The Dublin music scene needs a a bit of life injected into it. Frankly I think its weak - I mean I saw a lot of live music in Austrlaia last year and it was head and shoulders above Dublin - some reall interesting pop, rock and alternative bands....

Anyway it will improve .....

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
red said:
First off before I reply to the topic - CAM - do you realize you just said that some Motley Crue stuff is "semi-decent" - SEEK HELP - all they're music is complete s*** and I thought you'd appreciate that being into such painfully serious angst ridden music... anyway....
Well when I say some stuff I meant one song, it's just harmless fun. Too Young For Love something like that.:tongue:

And yes, it's bad, it's awful infact, but it's better than U2:devil:

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
U2 are ok. I think they are overrated, though. But they make decent pop music.

Hey Red what type of stuff do My Bloody Valentine do?

Is it way out there, or is it listenable?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
red said:
The Dublin music scene needs a a bit of life injected into it. Frankly I think its weak - I mean I saw a lot of live music in Austrlaia last year and it was head and shoulders above Dublin - some reall interesting pop, rock and alternative bands....
:cool: Big Day out i presume ?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts