Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked myself wether german music is really popular in other countries. So: What are your opinions about music from Germany?
Are geman music or songs of german bands or singers played by radio stations in your country? Can anyone of you receive german music channels on TV or german radio stations?
Do you know any german singers or bands?

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
I know and like Seeed - Dancehall Caballeros :cool:

btw, bob, what's with the name :confused: :googly:

·
Registered
58,960 Posts
Captain Jack :howler: :D, Scooter, Sash with their encore un fois! and Helge Schneider :D

·
Registered
522 Posts
Theatre Of Tragedy happens to be one of my fave all-time bands...

Einstürzende Neubaten also makes my list...

And of course... there's Hasselhoff:D :D :D

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Well Germany isn't exacly famous for its musical talent..... ;).

Rammstein is the only band what comes into mind at the moment they are a very good industrial metal band.

Theater of Tragedy??? I've heard that somewhere,what genre is it? Doom? :eek:

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Russell said:
Well Germany isn't exacly famous for its musical talent..... ;).
That's because German isn't exactly the most ideal language for an international breakthrough in the music scene. ;)

Anyways, my favourite german bands are Sportfreunde Stiller, Böhse Onkelz, Die Ärzte, Terrorgruppe,...

Very funny, whoever mentioned Captain Jack. :D
As for Scooter, sure they're crap and every song sounds the same, but they manage to still be around (and popular) for already 10 years or something. Respect where respect is due, hyper hyper jigga jigga. ;) And Stefan Raab wants to a Scooter-Unplugged concert. ;)

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
From what i've heard German music is quite good. I'm quite a big fan of Die Toten Hosen although some of their song can be quite cheesy. Although I only know one song of thier's I also like Die Artze even if they are a complete rip off of Less Than Jake.

I used to like Ramstein too and I bought their album (mutter) but I wasn't particullarly impressed. In fact, I'd go so far as to say I like some of their early songs better than their newer efforts.

That's about everything I know about German music in 2 paragraphs. ;)

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Dharurat said:
Theatre Of Tragedy happens to be one of my fave all-time bands...
Aren't they from Norway?:confused:

Russel, Theatre of Tragedy is playing gothic metal.

Anyway I have to say the German power metal band Blind Guardian is one of my favourite bands.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Wally said:
Captain Jack :howler: :D, Scooter, Sash with their encore un fois! and Helge Schneider :D
yup, all legendary music-artists. :D

Outlandish are germans too, aren't they?

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Rammstein & Atari Teenage Riot are 2 that comes to mind, but of course Germany is the home of cheesy power metal:D So there's Blind Guardian, Hellhammer, Helloween & who knows what else?

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Blind Guadian is not that cheesy, you know.;)
Manowar is cheesy.

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
Rammstein...some of their stuff is really cool...Ich Wil, Du Haist, etc etc

·
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
3,938 Posts
Weren't Manowar Spanish?

Can, Faust and Neu were pretty good at times (not all the time). The Notwist is good. Blixa Bargeld (sp?) is a talented musician. Were SPK German? They were huge when I was in highschool, amongst a certain segment of the public here. ;)
And, of course, Brahms, Beethoven, Bach, Schumann, Schubert, those Strauss boys and Mahler...they were pretty good too. :)

RIO

1 - 20 of 74 Posts