Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like this latest trend of discussing musical matters geopolitically. :)

So, what would be your latest musical reccomendations from France? Other than the more popular acts such as Noir Desir, Nutte, FFF, Indochine, etc.. Merci.

My personal reccomendation would be - Telephone. :star:

·
Registered
19,837 Posts
Vincent Delerm
M ( Mathieu Chedid)
Carla Bruni ( a top model but her album is very nice, successfull and surprise everyone here )

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Jean-Jacques Goldman
Véronique Sanson
Laurent Voulzy
Daniel Balavoine
Marc Lavoine
Florent Pagny
Diane Tell
Céline Dion
Mylène Farmer
Christophe

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Steph! said:
Jean-Jacques Goldman
Véronique Sanson
Laurent Voulzy
Daniel Balavoine
Marc Lavoine
Florent Pagny
Diane Tell
Céline Dion
Mylène Farmer
Christophe

Steph, LOL
T'as oublié Guesh Patty, Les Musclés et les Rita Mitsouko...:howler:

:tongue:

In Steph's list, Goldman and Balavoine are the ony :star: . The rest are :tongue: at best...;)

Cheers.:)

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was always curious about Payman's thoughts on Céline Dion..

..? ;)

Yeah Jacques Dutront is great. :)

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Céline Dion is Québecoise (Canadian).

My thoughts on her?She has some good songs but I have never been one of her admirer. ;)

Cheers.:)

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought she was originally French and migrated to Quebec. Anyway - I see nothing to like in her music and find her voice incredibly annoying. :)

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
She's got a voice of her own, that's for sure. The exact same ething can be held against Lara Fabian. I'm not exactly a fan. But fact is that she's got a couple of brilliant songs on her répertoire, both in English and French -i.e. 'Pour que tu m'aimes encore' is a splendid love song. She's always been well surrounded.

Johnny Hallyday deserves a mention too. He's like our very own King of Rock'n'Roll. :)

Payman: You may not like these singers for some reason but unlike yours, the names I wrote are more than decent.

Ciao.

·
Registered
59,048 Posts
Jean Michel Jarre, Daft Punk are among a few too.

and Alicee! where is she now btw after that hit a few summers ago

Personally my fav. is Cheb Mami:cool:

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Eventhough Plastic Bertrand is from Belgium, since they sing in french I mention them anyway.
The cult classic "Ça Plane Pour Moi" is not the only piece of genius music to come out from them. There's also "Tout Petit la Planète" who swedish modern day legends Bob Hund made a brilliant cover on ("Min Planet").

Hard to get your hands on their records, but there's a few collections that you can find if your lucky.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
My parents have at least one Plastic Bertrand vinyl, which I used to like when I was younger:D

Only French bad I can thing of were Trust, who did Anti-Social originally, which Anthrax covered. Not really a hot bed for metal music.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts