Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the left-winger from Atletico Madrid has signed on loan for 6 months with a view to a permanent deal. I've never seen him play, so he is an unknown quantity for me, but hopefully will give us some balance and width we've been lacking with Sibierski. It also means the squad is larger as an injury to one of our midfielders would have left us depleted as Flood has a knock and McManaman is struggling for fitness, as well as Sinclair, Sun and Reyna already being injured.

So can anybody tell me about him? Perhaps Wally or a Bordeaux or Atletico fan can help?

~ The Green ;)ne

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
New signing, Kiki Musampa has realised a long term ambition by joining City on a six month loan deal.
The twenty-seven-year-old who completed his move to the Blues from Athletico Madrid this morning has always dreamed of playing in the Premiership.

And if all goes well he could get his first chance at the City of Manchester Stadium next week when City entertain Newcastle.

The Holland international can play as an out and out left winger or as a creative midfielder.

"I heard about interest from Manchester City two weeks ago and was very excited to hear about it," he said.

"I have always had ambitions to play in the Premiership as I believe it is the best League in the world.

"I have watched a lot of Premiership football and have a couple of friends playing here as well.

"I think it is a League that suits Dutch players and as a player you want to experience it. I am very happy to be here.

"I am delighted that Manchester City have given me the chance to play here. I know about the pace in the Premiership but I believe I will be able to cope with it.

"I see myself first as a midfielder though can play on the wing as well. I can play in both positions but admit that I don't like to be stranded out on the line!

"I believe I am a player who can create, who can get close to the strikers and can also play in a deeper role.

"I have had a brief session with Juan Carlos Osario and am looking forward to a full training session on Friday with my new team mates."

www.mcfc.co.uk

Well at least he sounds committed.

Could he be another Van Buyten or Benarbia?

~ The Green ;)ne

·
Registered
59,137 Posts
sorry, can't tell too much about him :( since he left Holland already back in 97 or 98. He was more of a reserve/ rotation player at Ajax if I remember correctly as well. Done well in his last season at Malaga to earn himself a trasnfer to Atletico but other than that I don't remember seeing him either since Spanish football hardly is shown here unless you have pay TV and when I've had the chance to see la liga, it's always been the big teams games :eek:

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, thanks anyway. You just normally seem to be the authority on Dutchmen!

Btw, if you care, Bosvelt is still doing well.

~ The Green ;)ne

·
Registered
59,137 Posts
The Green One said:
Btw, if you care, Bosvelt is still doing well.
off course I care about him :pp always will be a hero for us here after scoring the winner against the old enemy in the semi final of the cup and for a lot more! :proud: you think this'll be his last season for you guys?

TBH Musampa never really made a mark in Dutch league football. Same like with George Boateng during his time at Feyenoord but he still has managed to become a respected player in England so it could be the same for Kiki but it's probably best to ask Ajax fans if they can still remember Kiki playing for them btw (that is if they remember more than the vague impressions they have of him , just like me) also since I usually boycott their games :mute:

·
Registered
70,036 Posts
He hasn´t played too much for Atletico. And when he did, he didn´t impress at all. Anyways he lived a sweet moment at Malaga before join Atletico, and that´s the Musampa that ManCity should recover. He has the talent, but he´s inconstant.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wally said:
you think this'll be his last season for you guys?
I hope not, hes been a revelation this season. He and Barton are a great partnership, and I hope he continues. He surely has another season in him after this one.

~ The Green ;)ne

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Musampa's a bit of a mercenary. He's certainly got talent but he seemed to give up at Malaga once he knew Athletico were in for him .There's some Malaga based Palace ex pats on another board, I'll see if I can get some opinions for you;)

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
He did very good for Malaga that he got transfer to Atletico and never did as good as in Malaga so he was bench. but he is talented.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
he is a player who blows hot and cold really,
as an Athletico supporter i have watched him on many occasions, some where he played excellent and some where he played awful.
he is a quite tricky player and has a good cross on him, but his downfall is he is often greedy and doesnt get in the game enough

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well he got Man of the Match in his debut, and played fairly well. He wasn't awesome, just the best of a bad bunch. He did fit in well, and gave us width, and looks a decent signing

~ The Green ;)ne

1 - 11 of 11 Posts