Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Atletico Madrid have hinted that they could well give caretaker boss Pepe Murcia the job on a full time basis next season.

Murcia turned the club's fortunes around in recent weeks since succeeding Argentine Carlos Bianchi.

Although he lost his first game in charge, he has subsequently guided Los Rojiblancos to five league wins on the trot, taking them to within four points of the European places.

Atletico president Enrique Cerezo admits that Murcia could well become indispensable if he continues to get results.

"If Murcia takes this project forward it's clear that he will be with us next season," stated Cerezo.

Murcia himself believes he will be given the nod to stay on by the Primera outfit, but is focusing on the job in hand.

"It's obvious that I'm working day by day to take things forward," he declared.

"My relationship with the club is excellent, what is meant to happen will happen, I'm not worried about what is decided on June 30.

"I see myself coaching Atletico next season and I believe the club want that as well.

"We know each other, we have not spoken directly but there are some things you don't have to say, we know each other."

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
yes !!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts