Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
3-1 to us,
I think Wigan will put up more of a fight but we'll still outclass them [if o'shea and the word outclass can be used in the same setting]

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
It's sods law. You hump Wigan in the cup final but you will end up dropping points at the JJB. Its inevitable ;)

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
maradona10 said:
It's sods law. You hump Wigan in the cup final but you will end up dropping points at the JJB. Its inevitable ;)
The same happened in the EPL game at Blackburn straight after the semi-final win.

I won't be surprised if Wigan take all 3 points but we've battered them 4-0 twice this season so I won't be surprised if they mentally collapse again and we stamp all over them. :)

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
3-1 to United

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
4-0 to united :D

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Wigan have surprised everybody in the Premiership with their level of commitment to the cause. The JJB stadium has been a very hard place for many teams to go and come out with a result. Our League Cup win should not be brought into this context since that was a completely different scenario.

However, if we are to finish second and automatically qualify for the UCL next season then it is imperative that we go to the JJB and get all three points. I have been impressed with the form of our forwards recently and they ooze confidence everytime they are on the ball. If only we had a decent central midfield pairing then second place could have been taken for granted.

Ronaldo's hit top form now and should start on the right along with Park on the left. Saha's been a threat everytime he's been on the pitch and it would be tempting to start him alongside Ruud with Rooney playing behind them. This formation would leave us exposed in midfield so Saha will probably be sacrificed to provide extra protection to our beleaguered defense line.

As long as we take our chances in front of goal, I feel we should come away with all three points though Wigan do have a goal in them so we better make sure that we score a couple atleast or more.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
arfy05 said:
so this time you are playing in the same time one as the rest of us :D:pp
Yes, I dont know why I kept persisiting with this BST crap. :scared:

1 - 20 of 101 Posts