Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 games in hand on the other teams when this game kicks off and we could be as much as 9 and 8 pts behind Liverpool and Chelsea should they win their games and despite this being a early kick off in our first game back from Japan I think this arrangement will work in our favour.

A 5+ winning sequence is long overdue now and I think this'll be the starting point, 1-3 to United. Rooney 2, and Ronaldo bagging the other.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all United fans. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
The comma is in the wrong place you ****wit.

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
Gonna be moody as fcuk this one, so don't forget the following items:

Facial expression must remain as so one hour before, during and two hours after the match:

Good luck boys and girls. Don't give 'em an inch - give 'em all 10. I'll see you on the other side.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Bollocks! I forgot the toothbrush at the home leg, I knew there was sommat I forgot!

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
It's ok, mate. I have a spare. Only used once.:shades:

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
I dont even want to know what the toothbrush is fore.

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
Stoke vs Manchester United Team News

Manchester United defender Patrice Evra will sit out the Barclays Premier League match against Stoke on Boxing Day.

Evra starts a four-match suspension and is likely to be replaced by John O'Shea at the Britannia Stadium.

Manager Sir Alex Ferguson has a number of options to ponder after reporting a clean bill of health among the squad after they defeated LDU Quito to lift the Club World Cup in Japan on Sunday.

Ferguson said: "The players looked quite fresh in training this morning and I was pleased with that."

Stoke goalkeeper Thomas Sorensen should be ready to reclaim his place after a scan revealed no serious damage to his injured fingers.

Sorensen had to withdraw from Saturday's defeat at Blackburn after getting hurt in the pre-match warm-up and Steve Simonsen came in to deputise.

Stoke still have a string of other injury concerns, however, with Andy Griffin (knee), Salif Diao (calf), Leon Cort (groin) and Dave Kitson (knee) all rated doubtful.

Mamady Sidibe (knee) and Liam Lawrence (ankle) remain definite absentees, although both are making progress and could return early in the new year.

Teams:

Stoke (from): Sorensen, Shawcross, Sonko, Abdoulaye Faye, Higginbotham, Delap, Amdy Faye, Whelan, Cresswell, Pugh, Fuller, Pericard, Tonge, Soares, Simonsen, Olofinjana, Davies, Wilkinson, Griffin, Diao, Cort, Kitson.

Man Utd (from): Van der Sar, Kuszczak, Amos, Neville, Ferdinand, Vidic, O'Shea, Evans, Rafael, Ronaldo, Anderson, Giggs, Park, Carrick, Nani, Scholes, Fletcher, Gibson, Berbatov, Rooney, Tevez, Welbeck.

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised to see us go in with a very tall back four today i.e: O'Shea, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evans.

We know Stoke's main game plan so we've got to combat that with a big back four. Ok we won't have much going forward from the full backs but if Stoke do have a little go at us - and why shouldn't they, they have a fantastic home record - that should leave a little space for us to work in and whatever front six we put out should be able to get the job done.

He'll probably play Rafael, though.

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
i think so too...rafael might get the nod. and Oshea will be the LB.

In the absence of evra, it is important that atleast the RB can support the wingers.

Time for berba to start scoring.

also i would like to see scholes + carrick partnership to start playing regularly.

0 - 2 Rooney and ronaldo with the goals....

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
yes dude....it made it at the beginning of the season....it needs few changes..:smileani:

i dont think any one would have imagined that he would progress so well that he will be almost first choice ....but its a pleasent surprise isnt it..?

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
COME ON!!!

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Bring Anderson and Nani on.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Ronaldo couldn't try any less in this match. Pretty embarrasing performance from him today.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts