Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tough, tough game here and the 2nd of our double header of league games at home to set us up for the final few games in May and we've simply just gotta win this one, regardless of what Liverpool did on Tuesday or might do against Hull. We're likely to find ourselves back in 2nd place on goaldifference when this one kicks off.

Spurs are barely letting goals in these days and judging by how many chances we wasted against Portsmouth we surely must be clinical with the chances we create on Saturday or it could cost us. Should also be mentioned that Spurs are unbeaten against everyone in the top 4 this season so we'll have to reach another first of the season to go into May on a high.

Hopefully the CL game being on Wednesday and at home allows Sir Alex to go for a full strength team here, apart from Maybe Anderson who has to be rested ahead of that one, He's been immense in the last 3 games and one of them included a full 120 minutes vs Arsenal. He's come back into full fitness and form at the perfect time for us.

This will be a very tight one from the off and I see one of our 1-0s here, Rooney with the goal. :hopeful: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
As gab said, its going to be tough game against an in form opponent.

With giggs, scholes playing the entire 90 mins on wednesday, iam sure that they wont start on saturday. Anderson may be rested too.

Rio might be back. But gary and Oshea are both out for "weeks". so i guess rafael will get to start again.

probable line up.

-----------------VDS-------------

----Rafael----Rio---Vidic-----Evra-----

----------flethcer---carrick------

------ronaldo-----rooney------park----

--------------Berba-------------

I would personally like to see nani/tevez in place of park.

Spurs are playing very well at the moment. Especially modric and Lennon ( hope evra gets his act together while playing against him for once !!) . We need to play very well to get 3 points.

2-1 (rooney and ronaldo with the goals)

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lennon vs Evra is a huge huge part of the game, so starting Park actually makes sense and it would also hopefully mean he wouldnt be involved vs Arsenal next Wednesday.

Evra ALWAYS gets raped by Lennon, even during the periods where Lennon was low on confidence. He has had his number for a couple of seaosns tbh and it could cost us big time if we don't address that situation, we cannot let Lennon face Evra on one.

Hes really talented player but i've seen Evra have absolutely no issues with similar players before. Feck knows what goes through his mind whenever he sees Lennon.

·
Fourth Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
3,512 Posts
I hope Palacios is not suspended anymore, without him away at OT we'd lose the midfield before the game has started. If he plays, it's gonna be tough for you..

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
I agree with the need to play Park. We will have more than enough creativity with Carrick, Ronaldo, Rooney and Berba likely to all be on the pitch. If Brown is fit to play, then this is the side which I would expect to line up:

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
I dont know if brown is ready to start the game. I think brown will come in as a substitute with rafael starting.

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
He played an hour in the reserve match on Monday I think, so hopefully he's trained enough since then to make him semi-match fit. If we could get an hour out of him, that would be great.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
ferdinand and Rafael will start the game, Brown might be in the squad and O'shea will be availble for Arsenal according to manutd.com

·
Registered
741 Posts
I think we'll win. 2-0. cvnts.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
800!!!! woooooooow.:)

Ryan eyes new landmark

Ryan Giggs is on the brink of making his 800th United appearance for the Reds, and it's just yet another reminder of the Welsh midfielder's astonishing achievements as a player at Old Trafford.

Giggs was outstanding in his 799th run-out for United in the 2-0 win over Portsmouth on Wednesday. He will make it 800 if he plays against either Tottenham on Saturday or Arsenal on Wednesday.

“Ryan is the most respected player at the club," said Reds boss Sir Alex. "What he has achieved is an example for everyone.

“When you think of Danny Welbeck and Federico Macheda, who played in the semi-final last week, Ryan made his debut about the time they were born! It’s unbelievable. Whatever accolades he gets, he deserves them."

Giggs has won just about all the game has to offer, but so far the PFA Player of the Year award has proved elusive. Sir Alex thinks it would be a fitting tribute if the 35-year-old was handed the trophy at the annual ceremony in London this Sunday.

“I hope [he gets it]," added the boss. "He’s played 40 games this season. The way you use squads today, not everyone plays all the games, very few do. So hopefully he is rewarded for his contribution to the game, and he would thoroughly deserve it.

“We’re a very special club that way, in that players put down there career at a club like us. Being local boys does help. Players like Giggs and Paul Scholes are not in on sentiment, they’re there on ability.”

Michael Carrick agrees, saying that Scholes, who made his 600th appearance on Wednesday, and Giggs are have achieved extraordinary levels of success which he aspires to.

"They're just unbelievable professionals with fantastic talent and ability," Carrick told MUTV. "They are great people to learn from and the perfect example of what it takes to be a winner at this club.

"They're an inspiration to us all. To keep producing over such a long period at the highest level is frightening. Not many people can do that and it speaks volumes for the kind of players and people they are."

(manutd.com)

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Team (from): Van der Sar, Foster, Kuszczak, Rafael, O'Shea, Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evans, Evra, Ronaldo, Nani, Carrick, Scholes, Fletcher, Anderson, Giggs, Park, Berbatov, Rooney.

:confused: wheres Tevez?

Tottenham squad: Gomes, Corluka, King, Woodgate, Assou-Ekotto, Huddlestone, Lennon, Jenas, Bent, Modric, Keane, Palacios, Cudicini, Bale, Zokora, Bentley, Chimbonda, O'Hara, Hutton, Defoe.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Because it is the squad that could play 'travels to game', you utter t!t.

One keeper gets injured in warm up or wherever and you need 2 others (one to start and one to be a sub).

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Tough, tough game here and the 2nd of our double header of league games at home to set us up for the final few games in May and we've simply just gotta win this one, regardless of what Liverpool did on Tuesday or might do against Hull. We're likely to find ourselves back in 2nd place on goaldifference when this one kicks off.

Spurs are barely letting goals in these days and judging by how many chances we wasted against Portsmouth we surely must be clinical with the chances we create on Saturday or it could cost us. Should also be mentioned that Spurs are unbeaten against everyone in the top 4 this season so we'll have to reach another first of the season to go into May on a high.

Hopefully the CL game being on Wednesday and at home allows Sir Alex to go for a full strength team here, apart from Maybe Anderson who has to be rested ahead of that one, He's been immense in the last 3 games and one of them included a full 120 minutes vs Arsenal. He's come back into full fitness and form at the perfect time for us.

This will be a very tight one from the off and I see one of our 1-0s here, Rooney with the goal. :hopeful: :thumbsup:
we win this one we win the league. we need this. SAF needs to try tosic in this one, if not starting at least as a sub. we need some help in the attacking midfield realm.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Team (from): Van der Sar, Foster, Kuszczak, Rafael, O'Shea, Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evans, Evra, Ronaldo, Nani, Carrick, Scholes, Fletcher, Anderson, Giggs, Park, Berbatov, Rooney.

:confused: wheres Tevez?

Tottenham squad: Gomes, Corluka, King, Woodgate, Assou-Ekotto, Huddlestone, Lennon, Jenas, Bent, Modric, Keane, Palacios, Cudicini, Bale, Zokora, Bentley, Chimbonda, O'Hara, Hutton, Defoe.
i think since tevez was threatening to leave united earlier this week he has been 'rested' for this match .. lol anyhow i hope we pull this one out :hopeful:

1 - 20 of 219 Posts