Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Part 1 of the 3 main obstacles in the path towards 4 titles in a row and number 19. I expect Chelsea and Arsenal to both win their games against relatively easy opposition in Blackburn and West Ham respectively so we play against Liverpool needing to seriously win now so to see us stroll around in these games once again would be heartbreaking.

Giggsy is back fit for this one but I don't think we'll throw him in at the deep end + Nani is back on form. It'll be 4-5-1 unless Scholesy isn't fit(he was injured/taken ill during the warm up vs Fulham when he was gonna be on the bench). Berbatov's done well but we know how effective this formation is in the big games.

It's gonna be a battle and we'll scrape it 2-1, Rooney and Nani with the goals. :thumbsup: :hopeful:

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Gerrard probably be banned for Sunday after the Michael Brown incident.

A couple of cries for help from him recently. Flipping off a referee, forearm smash tonight... seems he's desperate to duck his encounter with Sir Darren of Fletcher - and who can blame him? :righton:

·
NUMBER 18
1,703 Posts
Aquilani is playing well.. I think Him playing in Gerrards role would benefit Liverpool...

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
They're back. We'll lose 3-1. Aquilani to score a screamer from 35 yards.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
4-2-3-1

Back four; Carrick and fletch; valencia, Park, nani; Rooney

Rafael and Valencia to tear Insua a new one (and riera,who fsw will play)
Might swap Scholes for Nani and that would be the team I think will start . . Nani's problem is inconsistancy . . With such a big game I would of thought it would be more -

Carrick - Fletch - Park
Valencia - Scholes
Rooney

How the fk did Gerrard get off giving the ref the V ? Remember Rooney (righly) got a 2nd yellow card for clapping his hands towards a ref for booking him ? Typical double standard FA wankstains . . If the english tabloids dont really make much of incidents , they dont believe theres anything to deal with ! !

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
Might swap Scholes for Nani and that would be the team I think will start . . Nani's problem is inconsistancy . . With such a big game I would of thought it would be more -

Carrick - Fletch - Park
Valencia - Scholes
Rooney
I presume you've got Scholes and Park mixed up there.

As for the team Fergie will go with... I reckon the same back five although I would prefer to see Rafael in ahead of Neville.

As for the midfield, Park or Carrick is the big one for me. The way Ji has been playing the past few weeks he more than deserves his place in the team. Fletcher and Scholes are definitely starters. Nani has shown what he can bring when he's on his game, did well against Fulham and Valencia hasn't done anything wrong. Okay he didn't have the greatest of games on Sunday but still...

So for me that leaves Carrick as the odd man out. Fletcher and Park provide a lot of running from the centre which is a big help both ways but especially getting forward to support Rooney and Scholes looks in good nick when he's got a couple of bodies in there to look after him. And we weren't superb against Milan with those three but we did well and like to see them again. Nothing against Carrick but those three are in form. Saying all that when Carrick has been available he's been picked.

Van Der Sar

Rafael/Neville
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra

Fletcher
Scholes
Park

Valencia
Rooney
Nani

And it'll be good to have Giggs back on the bench for Sunday too.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Gerrard not banned for the elbow on Brown, after 5,000 Scousers testified that he was asleep in his hotel room at the time.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
And to think Rio got a 4 match ban. Gerrard's got away with this all because "the ref spoke to him", the rules need to be changed.

·
Registered
16,803 Posts
Absolutely disgusting. But it's hardly a surprise he's gotten away with it, he doesn't play for Manchester United.

And they call me paranoid..
Now, now, don't be too mad.

Sunday's ref will more than make up for this atrocious decision.

1 - 20 of 160 Posts