Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great chance to really turn the screw on the Scousers here with them playing the day after us and they'd be 8 pts behind us albeit with a game in hand but that is still pretty immense pressure to deal with knowing one little mistake could be fatal. It would be pretty ironic if it were City who gave us a helping hand in our title quest.

Wazza returned against Fulham with a goal and I think he'll start here, I wouldn't be that shocked if Ronaldo was rested for Tuesday but I still hope we start him, get the job done and then think about resting players for Tuesday.

Blackburn are one of the many teams fighting it out at the foot of the table and will no doubt scrap for absolutely everything on Saturday, they've improved a lot since Allardyce has taken over but in all honesty i'd be disappointed if we didn't stroll to victory here.

3-0 United, Rooney (2) and Nani scoring. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
I've got a funny feeling that City will beat Liverpool. Let's hope I'm right.

For this one however, I'm going for a 4-0 home victory. Rooney, Ronaldo and Berba x2 with the goals.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got a funny feeling that City will beat Liverpool. Let's hope I'm right.

For this one however, I'm going for a 4-0 home victory. Rooney, Ronaldo and Berba x2 with the goals.
City haven't won away from home since August, don't think they'll end that run at Anfield.

But a draw is a possibility, and that would be pretty hilarious. It would
more or less hand us the title.

Need to just focus on the Blackburn game for now, but all our upcoming games just seem quite winnable. Finally getting a nice run of games after that hellish 1st half of a season.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Do Blackburn have any injuries? The lads seem to be oozing with confidence and can't see anything other than a United win.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
We cant be worrying about what Liverpool or City might do, first and foremost is getting the job doen aginast Blackburn and then focusing the attention to Tuesday and to Inter Milan.

anyways im going for a 3-0 Berbatov x2 and Rooney

·
Major
1,342 Posts
Never think blackburn is going to be easy. I would settle for 1-0 and hopefully one more clean sheet

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
probable line up...lot of permutations and combinations....

-------------------------vds-------------------

----------rafael----vidic----rio------Evra---------

-------ronaldo------carrick---fletcher-----giggs-------

-----------------berba---rooney----------------

that means that giggsy wont be playing in milan.and park will play ( i hope thats not the case considering giggs form i would like to see him play in milan).

one thing is for certain scholes will not be playing tomorrow, ronaldo, rooney and carrick mey not play for 90 mins.....

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
City haven't won away from home since August
Time for it then. :pp Statistics are there to be changed.

Why is it certain Scholes will not be playing, rested for CL or did I miss something (injury or so)? I just realized this will be match No.44 (!) this season. Wow. Is there are team that played more?

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We cant be worrying about what Liverpool or City might do, first and foremost is getting the job doen aginast Blackburn and then focusing the attention to Tuesday and to Inter Milan.
I don't think that us doing our job when we play before our title rivals is a major worry anymore, when you've won 2 league titles on the bounce, with all of those players still here bar a few - you have the experience. I don't think the lads will want to put themselves in a great position only to leave things till the last day in the end.

This is why winning at Upton Park was so massive, can't stress enough how important those 3 points were. We're beating teams that our other rivals struggled against. We showed on Wednesday that we're full of confidence again and I see us boosting up the goaldifference in our next two league games before Liverpool come to town and we hopefully are in the mood to end the whole thing if another team hasn't done that for us already.

One thing is for sure, we won't be underestimating anyone, nearly our whole squad is fit and that means a lot of places in the team are not guaranteed so everyone will be playing out of their skin to be part of something special again at our club. :thumbsup: :hopeful:

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
One thing is for sure, we won't be underestimating anyone, nearly our whole squad is fit and that means a lot of places in the team are not guaranteed so everyone will be playing out of their skin to be part of something special again at our club. :thumbsup: :hopeful:
thats the most impressive thing for me: most of the players have won everything with the club. But they ´re still hungry and want more. Same with Sir Alex who still shows the same motivation than in all the years.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
:thumbsup:

TEVEZ: WE'RE SIMPLY THE BEST

Victory against Fulham on Wednesday took the Reds five points clear in the league. And with a Carling Cup final, FA Cup sixth round clash and Champions League ties with Inter Milan looming, confidence is sky-high in the United camp.

“We have the best team in the world at the moment,” says Carlos Tevez. “One of the reasons for that is the options available to Sir Alex Ferguson. We have players who can come in at any moment and make a difference. That’s the reason we’re still fighting on all four fronts.”

Despite United’s strength in depth, it’s not all been plain sailing. The Reds have had to battle hard for results, with nine league games ending in 1-0 victories this season. It’s going to be tough again on Saturday against Sam Allardyce’s Blackburn Rovers, who are fighting to retain their Premier League status.

“There are no easy games,” Tevez admits. “Every game is difficult and every player who turns out against United gives their all against the best team in the world. It’s their chance to shine and to prove themselves.”

Sir Alex's men may not have been banging in the goals recently, but one is enough so long as you don’t concede. And United haven’t let in a league goal for almost 22 hours, a run that's comprised 14 consecutive clean sheets. “Our defence is amazing,” Carlos adds. “It’s the safest defence in the world but it’s down to everyone in the team. The midfielders and the forwards all battle to win the ball back.”

(manutd.com)

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
:thumbsup:
I second this, its amazing how hungry our squad is especially after most have won at least 1 title already.

And the motivation is again second to none and that is just a testament to the players and mroe importantly the manager.

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
One thing is for sure, we won't be underestimating anyone, nearly our whole squad is fit and that means a lot of places in the team are not guaranteed so everyone will be playing out of their skin to be part of something special again at our club.

This is a great point Gab..

Just see the case of forwards. Rooney has come back and would want to make it clear that he is the first choice. tevez on the other hand is aware of this and would give his 200% every time he is given the chance.

Berba on the other hand wants to continue his good form and is also aware that manager has the option of playing tevez + rooney or Welback instead of him if hes not performaing well.

on Top of that all these guys are winners and would desperatly want to win all that is available.

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
Sir Alex: Rooney will start

Sir Alex has confirmed he'll hand Wayne Rooney his first start for five weeks when Blackburn Rovers visit Old Trafford on Saturday.

Rooney, who scored in midweek after coming off the bench against Fulham, missed the previous seven matches after tearing a hamstring in the Reds' win over Wigan Athletic on 14 January.

Now, however, the boss says the Englishman is fit and raring to go.

"Wayne will play," Sir Alex told media at his pre-match press conference. "He has to start so we can see how far advanced he is, but we think he's fine. We could have been tempted to use him at Derby on Sunday, but we decided the extra few days’ training would help him."

Elsewhere, John O'Shea's swollen heel, sustained on Wednesday night, means the Irishman is a "slight doubt".

"Other than that, it's the same squad," Sir Alex confirmed.

Victory against Blackburn will send United eight points clear of title rivals Liverpool, who play on Sunday.

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
I'm not taking my lucky scarf, so if we lose, it's my fault. I best leave now.
I think the team will win even with out ur lucky scarf coz this is blackburn.

But dont forget to take it for the home tie against Inter:smileani:

1 - 20 of 113 Posts