Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First of three huge home games where we're in the position to put ourselves in the box seat for the title as we enter April. We've been not been at our best at home recently and this game is just imperative for how the rest of the season goes. A big win and excellent performance would set the tone for the rest of the season. Rio, Carlitos and Nani should all go straight back into the team for this one after being rested against Derby.

Anyway this is our game in hand and chance to open up a 3 point gap at the top with equal games played. And our next 2 games after this are also at home so the incentives for the lads are there for all to see. We're in a excellent position and I hope we don't throw this lead away again.

I think we'll get a good showing and a comfortable 3-0 victory, Rooney 2 and Nani with the other.

I would love SAF to play this team, just go for their throat from the 1st minute and kill the game off as early as possible so we can take off important players ahead of the Liverpool game;

---------Foster/VDS----
----Brown-Rio-Vidic-Evra----
Ronnie-Carrick-Anderson-Nani
--------Rooney-Tevez-------

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
Wow that is one wet-dream of a team. This is a must win for us. With Arsenal droping points for fun it looks like Chelsea are going to be the biggest threat to us and whilst they aren't pretty, they are damn effective.
I dont think Bolton will give us too many problems however. They haven't been the same team since Big Sam left and I think this game will mark Rooney's return to goalscoring form. What's the news on Neville? Could he make a start? It would be good to get him back into Premiership action with a nice home game like this one.
Im predicting a 2-0 win. Rooney and Anderson :)eek:) with the goals. Come on Boys, lets make it happen!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I'd take a chance on this one, and rest a few from the offset.

-------------Foster--------------

Brown-----Vidic----Pique-----O'Shea

Nani------Scholes--Fletcher----Giggs

-----------Saha-----Tevez-------

It's a bit of a gamble, but if it paid off it would be an excellent boost to our chances against Liverpool, and that team should be good enough to beat Bolton at home.

Team for Liverpool

--------------VDS-------------

Brown-----Rio-----Vidic------Evra

-------------Hargreaves--------

---------Carrick------Anderson-

Ronaldo------------------------Tevez

---------------Rooney-------------

·
Banned
10,200 Posts
i think we learn at the reebok, messing about (especially Pique) wasn't Bolton away his last game? lol. the irony..

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
I would think the two teams will be differant in the Bolton and Liverpool game, but I dont see why. There is a week off between the pool game and the next one.

At this stage of the season 3 points is 3 points, doesnt matter who its against. If United were to lose against Bolton and win against pool, it wouldnt really be any gain.

To win the next two games would see United possibly go 5 points clear at the top (depending on Chelski v Arse result), put simply we could narrow things down to 2 again in the race!!

·
Registered
5,797 Posts

We need to win this, so full strength and attack.

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
need less to say that this is a MUST win game. The incentive is a 3 point gap over the Gunners...

I really hope that SAF plays our best team and this means no resting for pools game,as this game is as Important as the Pool game and also no scholes or giggs in the team (sadly).

carrick,nani andersson are MUST.

hope rooney gets on the score sheet.and so does tevez..i wont mention CR7...its mandatory:smileani:

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
I'd take a chance on this one, and rest a few from the offset.

-------------Foster--------------

Brown-----Vidic----Pique-----O'Shea

Nani------Scholes--Fletcher----Giggs

-----------Saha-----Tevez-------

It's a bit of a gamble, but if it paid off it would be an excellent boost to our chances against Liverpool, and that team should be good enough to beat Bolton at home.

Team for Liverpool

--------------VDS-------------

Brown-----Rio-----Vidic------Evra

-------------Hargreaves--------

---------Carrick------Anderson-

Ronaldo------------------------Tevez

---------------Rooney-------------

why ??

this game is as important as Pool's...considering that every game is a MUST win now....

We can always substitute playes if we are in comfortable position.Players will be and must be prepared to play 2 matches in one week at this stage.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Don't care how they come now at this stage, as long as they are wins.

Hopefully Scholesy/Saha show some glimpse of form, which should be encouraging.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Don't care how they come now at this stage, as long as they are wins.

Hopefully Scholesy/Saha show some glimpse of form, which should be encouraging.
You will be watching the game.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
:D, it's on the evening so no excuses for sleeping in this time;)
Sleeping in? Derby game kicked off at 3pm. You vampire :D

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just read Jaaskelainen is out for this one, can only be good news. :thumbsup:

Made some outstanding saves against us back in November.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Hope we play:

------------foster
brown---vida---rio---evra
ronnie--carrick--fletch--nani
-------wazza---tevez

But i think Fergie may rest Ronnie and Rooney for the Liverpool game. Not so much coz of fatigue but so they wouldnt get injured. Losing those two at this stage of the season (even for a couple of weeks) would be disasterous!!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Start Tomasz in this game because Bolton are very physical toward goalkeepers on set plays & I really don't want Foster's confidence ruined.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts