Xtratime Community banner

MUPL | 16/05/2009 | Manchester United v Arsenal, Old Trafford @ 12:45 BST

2K views 66 replies 28 participants last post by  Barca King 
#1 ·
Just a point needed now boys and number 18 will be ours, and with the game being at Old Trafford everything is set up perfectly for another coronation.

Remember how you felt when Arsenal won the league at Old Trafford in 2002? Nice chance to banish those ghosts further by clinching the title against Wenger's bunch.

1-0 to United, Rooney with the goal. :thumbsup: :hopeful:

This is what its all about and we're within touching distance....AGAIN

See less See more
#2 ·
In a perfect world, we'd win 4-0 with Anderson getting a goal and Ronaldo getting a hattrick. If we win the league against them, I will be having a ****ing field day with Arsenal supporters.

#11 ·
Go for the win, we must.

#14 ·
Today is the day boys, I am nearly exploding, Ive only got 3 or 4 hours to sleep last night yet I feel like ive slept like a baby.

Its only a few hours away, till we become the most successful club in English football. :proud: :proud: :proud: And im talking in terms of domestic honours, before any smart arse pops up. :proud:

Its by far the most beautiful trophy in football

Cant wait!

#15 · (Edited)
League, FA cup, League cup and Charity Sheild

United-44 (45 if we draw or win today)
Liverpool-47

EDIT: The Charity Sheild is the pinnacle of English football, so they have to count. Well, I've gotta let the scousers cling on to something other than the 2 other leagues they won during the wars.

#20 ·
Great atmosphere at OT and one of the Setanta dudes noted right away about the contrasting attitudes in the warm-ups. He said the Arsenal came out like it was a training session while United came out full of fire and ready to go.

I expect victory. 2-1 United. Cristiano and Giggsy!

#21 ·
Opening 5 minutes and Rooney has looked deadly. Burned Sagna on a couple of occasions already and just gave a delightful 40 or so yard through ball to Carlitos that just missed.

#24 ·
Apart from the first few minutes it looks like we're playing for a draw.

And Anderson is hugely missed in the midfield with how many times Giggs is giving the ball away.

Anti climatic performance so far, really hope it changes in the 2nd half or we could find ourselves getting a nasty late surprise from Arsenal.

#28 ·
Tevez subbed off, wasn't happy about it. Fans started booing and he began waving to them and clapping. Really looked like a goodbye, more than just a "thanks for the effort today" ovation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.