Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last 2 games v Fulham at the Cottage we've lost and lost comprehensively, definitely have got unfinished business here, will be more than just getting back to the top of the league after Chelsea's inevitable win at the weekend. Arsenal go to Hull and will most likely so we can't really **** up.

Going into this after a 4-0 thrashing of AC Milan ain't too bad though, and Fulham will no doubt use a lot of energy away at Juventus on Thursday.

Gonna go with a 2-1 to United, Rooney and Berba with the goals. :thumbsup: :hopeful:

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Nothing much to add, hopefully 2-0 win.

Team

EVDS
Rafael Rio Vidic de Laet/Fabio
Valencia Carrick Fletch Nani
Rooney Berabtov

We are gonna miss O'Shea and Ando in our run in.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing much to add, hopefully 2-0 win.

Team

EVDS
Rafael Rio Vidic de Laet/Fabio
Valencia Carrick Fletch Nani
Rooney Berabtov

We are gonna miss O'Shea and Ando in our run in.
Would definitely be a good time to rest Paddy. Perfect line up. Rafael, Carrick and Berbatov coming in should add some freshness. If we manage to get 2-0 up then i'd sub Rooney. Thankfully we now have 1 game per week for 3 or 4 weeks, none of this games in hand or fa cup replay bullshit.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
I wonder how much rest players got in the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
Fulham has been our Bogey team for last 2 seasons. This season also we were embarrassed by them at craven cottage. We need to change this....

we need to put our 100% to win. We cant afford another performance like the one we gave at wolves. Since we have 3 days rest, fatigue should not be an issue. On th other hand, fulham also play a tough game against juventus.

I guess we will go with

---------Vds--------

---Rafael---Rio----vidic---evra----

-----------carrick---fletcher------

----Antonio-------------------nani-----

--------------Berba----Rooney-----------

Iam going for a 3-0 Rooney, Antonio with the goals

·
NUMBER 18
1,703 Posts
11 Games(min.) and 13 goals left for Rooney.. what are the Odds.. ??

Does any one know how many PL goals had Ronaldo scored ??

·
Registered
798 Posts
why change to a 4-4-2 for this .. the 4-5-1 formation has suited Rooney better than 4-4-2 he seems to thrive under the pressure of being a lone striker. Nani (when on his hame) and Valencia offer great width to a packed midfield and with the industry of Park, Fletcher and Scholes .. again why change much? I would probably replace Scholes with Carrick and that would be all. maybe Rafeal for Neville as well?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
why change to a 4-4-2 for this .. the 4-5-1 formation has suited Rooney better than 4-4-2 he seems to thrive under the pressure of being a lone striker. Nani (when on his hame) and Valencia offer great width to a packed midfield and with the industry of Park, Fletcher and Scholes .. again why change much? I would probably replace Scholes with Carrick and that would be all. maybe Rafeal for Neville as well?
Berb will play deeper than Rooney, we dont need to pack the midfield vs Fulham at home and all, against the dippers it 4-5-1 all the way.

·
Registered
41,681 Posts
Too many people want players rested. When the game was a lot rougher and energy sapping, they weren't rested.
And they probably got injured.

I'm all for giving players a rest. But some guys like Evra and Rooney don't need one. Unless we're winning by a large margin, then bring them off.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Too many people want players rested. When the game was a lot rougher and energy sapping, they weren't rested.
What a strange comment, the modern game is the most physically demanding it's ever been leading players to become serious athletes as well as gifted footballers.

Evra's not had a weekend off for all season, he's played in lots of midweek games aswell that didn't mean too much. It's a rare chance to let him rest before a crucial game with Liverpool.

Put Evans at leftback if Fabio is still injured.

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
Van Der Sar

Neville
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra

Valencia
Fletcher
Carrick
Nani

Berbatov
Rooney

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Official team news;

VDS
Nev
Rio
Vidic
Evra
Carrick
Nani
Valencia
Fletcher
Berbatov
Rooney

Bench:
Kuzszczak
Gill
Fabio
Park
Scholes
Obertan
Diouf

If Fabio's fit enough for the bench why not throw him in for Evra at LB?

Was gonna moan about Neville starting but Rafael, Brown and O'Shea are all injured tbf. I know he played well on Wednesday but that was AC Milan. He's a 35 year old fullback who has been exposed time after time this season.

·
Registered
13,916 Posts

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
I know he played well on Wednesday but that was AC Milan. He's a 35 year old fullback who has been exposed time after time this season.
He'll be in on the basis of us having plenty of the ball, Fulham being knackered and he'll supply plenty of crosses.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts