Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our last game before we head to Japan it's another tough one away from home against one of the most in form sides around at the moment. Spurs away 2 months ago looked like somewhere we'd get 3 easy points but they've won 9 of their last 12 games and they are full of confidence.

We'll be without Evra and Rooney due to suspensions and there are doubts over Carrick and Berbatov's fitness so that would make a tough task even trickier. Scholesy is back though and his performance last night would have been encouraging, we definitely create more chances with him in the side and if we're leading at half time he is the sort of player to dominate play in the second half in our favour instead of the lazy and careless stuff which has been a big feature of most 2nd halves for United this season.

Our defence has looked very solid though, so i think we'll keep a clean sheet and possibly nick a goal at the other end, 1-0 to us with Carlitos scoring another goal against Spurs. :hopeful:

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
just wanted to ask for this thread. :D

Berba with an unlucky performance last weekend and rested yesterday....so I expect him to score against Spurs. Time for it finally.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
He could do that a bit earlier. My nails are ruined already. :D

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
DIMI DOUBTFUL FOR SPURS RETURN

Dimitar Berbatov and Rio Ferdinand are major doubts for Manchester United's encounter with Tottenham at White Hart Lane.
Berbatov is struggling with an Achilles injury, while Ferdinand suffered a back spasm towards the end of Wednesday's Champions League draw with Aalborg.

Wayne Rooney and Patrice Evra are suspended and Cristiano Ronaldo (hip) and Michael Carrick (thigh) are also receiving treatment, which could leave Sir Alex Ferguson needing the full depth of his squad.
Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp will make a late decision on whether skipper Ledley King (knee) can face the champions.

Striker Fraizer Campbell, who is on loan from United, is ineligible and also has a slight calf strain anyway.

Alan Hutton (foot) and Giovani dos Santos (ankle) are out.

Teams
Tottenham (from): Gomes, Cesar, Alnwick, Bale, Gunter, Dawson, Assou-Ekotto, Woodgate, King, Corluka, Zokora, Bentley, Huddlestone, Jenas, O'Hara, Bostock, Lennon, Jenas, Boateng, Bent, Pavlyuchenko, Modric.
Manchester United (from): Van der Sar, Foster, Kuszczak, Rafael, Neville, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evans, O'Shea, Nani, Ronaldo, Anderson, Fletcher, Scholes, Carrick, Gibson, Possebon, Park, Giggs, Berbatov, Tevez, Welbeck, Manucho

(sportinglife)

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Official Confirmed Team

Edwin Van Der Sar

Rafael
Nemanja Vidic
Rio Ferdinand
John O'Shea

Park Ji Sung
Darren Fletcher
Michael Carrick
Cristiano Ronaldo

Dimitar Berbatov
Carlos Tevez

Bench

Kuszczak
Neville
Evans
Scholes
Anderson
Nani
Giggs

Strong team given the team news before the game... but it's really disappointing to see O'Shea in the side, i'd stick Evans at LB but ah well. And Park, will be extremely frustrating to watch again as usual.

Arsenal drew 1-1 at Boro earlier in the day and Liverpool drew at home again, we cannot let the scouse filth off the hook again the way we did with that draw at Villa after they'd dropped home points again, United simply do not let an opportunity like that slip twice. We will see a hungry performance similar to the one at City 2 weeks ago, let's hope we get the goals to go with the performance again.

****ing come on UNITED.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ledley King didn't make it for Spurs, that is certainly good news for us given his impact on Spurs whenever he plays.

01 Gomes

22 Corluka
20 Dawson
39 Woodgate
32 Assou-Ekotto

07 Lennon
04 Zokora
08 Jenas
05 Bentley
14 Modric

09 Pavlyuchenko

Substitutes
21 Cesar, 03 Bale, 06 Huddlestone, 10 Bent, 16 Gunter, 23 Boateng, 24 O'Hara

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
I expect we will see scholes at some stage in this game, particularly if things arent going well.

I hate to say it but on form Giggs has been very poor. Nani has to be brought on ahead of him if needed. Cant believe how bad giggs passing has been of late. Hopin he can get form back soon!

Also, looking forward to seeing Tevez get a good runout alongside Berbs!

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
He's been getting deserved stick for a while recently, but that was a brilliant save by VDS to keep the scores at 0-0

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Very poor game and poor performance so far. Rafael having one of his poorer games, giving the ball away alot.

United havent gotten their passing game together.

Ronaldo holding his wrist, OMG, this guys a ****. The more I see him, the more he looks like hes already dreamin in madrid!! He is very obviously not giving his all to united.

Scholes will be seen in second half and game should improve! I feel like Im watching a pool game its so boring!!

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Very poor game and poor performance so far. Rafael having one of his poorer games, giving the ball away alot.

United havent gotten their passing game together.

Ronaldo holding his wrist, OMG, this guys a ****. The more I see him, the more he looks like hes already dreamin in madrid!! He is very obviously not giving his all to united.

Scholes will be seen in second half and game should improve! I feel like Im watching a pool game its so boring!!
Seriously feck off:rollani:. What more do you want from him this season? He was out for a while compared to the rest of the attackers, and still is a leading scorer in the team. His goals are KEY to United, learn to accept them, as without that, United would be way, way weaker.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Seriously feck off:rollani:. What more do you want from him this season? He was out for a while compared to the rest of the attackers, and still is a leading scorer in the team. His goals are KEY to United, learn to accept them, as without that, United would be way, way weaker.
Try taking your rose tinted glasses off for awhile.

He is a world class player going through the motions.

What more do I want from him? Not to look like he wants to walk off the pitch with phantom injuries at any chance he gets.

Perhaps united would be way way stronger had they 11 players trying hard to win, on the park. I remember the same rumblings being said when we had ruud and I said they same thing and the same ruud fans said the same waffle. Oh what would we do without his goals, what happened when he left . . Oh yeh united were a better and stronger team.

When one player starts to get too big for their boots, it becomes counter productive at the expense of the squad. Whereas stats create an arguement for their lovin fans, I think that this is going to end up as Ruud VN x 2 and the same idiots who were defending ronaldo will just keep quiet (like they did in the summer when it looked like ronaldo was getting his wish move to Madrid).

In summary for 150k per week and world footballer of the year, I expect alot more then the very very average performances i have seen. Messi played against united in the CL last season and these were his comeback from injury games, he didnt look as average as ronaldo has been doing over 90mins recently! In fact he was every bit as good as one would expect for a european or world footballer of the year! Oh and his efforts and workrate were obvious for all to see.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bollocks 1st half, Spurs have done way more than us whenever they've had the ball.

This game is crying out for Paul Scholes and Nani.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
We need to perform much better on the second half, if we want a win. That may need the inclusion of Nani, Scholes and Anderson, as we've simply been not good enough.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts