Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Usually do well in this fixture and with Liverpool likely to miss their 2 key players Gerrard and Torres in what is a vital home game for them if they're serious about winning the league I think it'll give them even more motivation. We usually bounce back from defeats though and that performance or lack thereof against Zenit was extremely careless and lazy bar Carlitos as usual. I expect big improvement in the next game and it's a good thing it's a big one. Berbatov making his debut should give us a further boost aswell. Hopefully everyone comes back fine from the internationals.

If Torres and Gerrard don't make it for sure, I do hope the lads don't underestimate them, they're still a top 4 side and at their home ground.

Prediction: We'll sneak this 0-1 again though, Berbatov to announce his arrival to Manchester United in style. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
Torres out, Gerrard doubtful, Berbatov up front. Nothing less than a win against those granny-stabbers will do. If they play like they did against Villa, then we have nothing to worry about. N'gog does not exactly strike fear into the hearts of defenders.
I'm going with 0-2, with Anderson finally getting off the mark with a 30 yard wonder-goal. You heard it here first.

I quite like the idea of playing Carlitos alongside Berbatov. Tevez will drift deeper naturally but I think the interplay between him and Berbatov could be quite awesome.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
For now... I'd say that's a good lineup considering our winger crisis.

However, Its a big onus on Evra and Brown, particularly Brown, to consistently run up and down, Liverpool's full backs are collectively rubbish, we must attack them from there.

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
Prediction: We'll sneak this 0-1 again though, Berbatov to announce his arrival to Manchester United in style. :thumbsup:
You're a right sneaky fcuker. I was going to put the match thread up this Thrusday thinking I'll get in there before you. :D

And I have to say I'm disappointed at the lack of Premier League banner, club crests, picture of Anfield, previous results, form going in to the game and match odds.:stuckup:

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
0-1, we'll pass and pass and pass and pass and finally hoof the ball somewhere... then we concede some stupid goal. As usual.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Standard regulation 3 points here as usual, Middlesbrough give us more problems than Liverpool.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
10-0 to the Scousers.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
All scored by Dirk Kuyt.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
If Liverpool and Rafa have any pride in themselves whatsoever, then theyw ill give a good account of themselves here.

Liverpool's status as a top club is right under the microscope at the moment, and no matter what the current ladder says, they have really struggled thus far this season. I can't see them getting the 3 points but if they were to come away with a point then that's as good as a win.

United 3-1 ... I reckon we will take them on big time. Especially no Torres and no Gerrard.

Carlitos x 1
Rooney x 1
Berba x 1

Rooney to turn it on, coming from deeper positions

·
Registered
741 Posts

I think Nani can cause problems. I suppose Rooney and Scholes can sawp around every now and then but I'd like to see Hargreaves back he'd play an important role hustling the midfield.

0-2 Tevez Rooney

·
Registered
15,634 Posts

That is what I would play, though obviously Brown will play at right back, while Hargreaves might be played as the defensive midfielder considering it is at Anfield. If we play at our best, we should beat them. This is a must win game, first of all because of the occasion but also for morale boost, as the next Premiership game after that against Chelsea, is way fecking tougher.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How are you going to accomodate Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez and Berbatov in your line-up when everbody's fit? I can't see this working, not balanced enough.
They're all very interchangeable players and the holy trinity(Ronaldo, Tevez and Rooney) will buzz around Berbatov while his wonderful link up play and big frame will create even more chances than they usually had.

Personally think it's a master stroke, really can't wait for Ronaldo to get fit again. He said he's ahead of schedule by a few weeks so we could see them all together for the first time at home to Bolton on the 27th. :drool:

As for this game, it looks like Gerrard will make it after all, but i'd very surprised if they risked Torres for this one, you really shouldn't mess with hamstring injuries.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
How are you going to accomodate Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez and Berbatov in your line-up when everbody's fit? I can't see this working, not balanced enough.
Long term:

-------------Berbatov
----Tevez----Rooney----Ronaldo
--------Anderson--Carrick

The attacking trio as Yatta said, would interchange and they are superb at that. While we also have Hargreaves (if we need a destroyer) and of course Scholesy:proud:

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
As for this game, it looks like Gerrard will make it after all, but i'd very surprised if they risked Torres for this one, you really shouldn't mess with hamstring injuries.
Would be very surprised if they risked Torres. He's actually ripped it, right? No way he'll be ready in two weeks.

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
Would be very surprised if they risked Torres. He's actually ripped it, right? No way he'll be ready in two weeks.
Well they say he's torn it but it wouldn't surprise me if it's just a pull and he actually makes the game.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
the way Robbie Keane has been performing they will probably risk Torres, otherwise the only threat they carry is long balls and hope for a knockdown, watching them so far this season has been mindnumbing.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice to see Jern popping into the United forum again, I hope you're not here to take the Mik.

Because your club already has. :howler:

1 - 20 of 161 Posts