Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just 4 points away now with 3 games left, a win here would set us up to need just a point against Arsenal in the lunch time game against Arsenal and the JJB's been a good hunting ground for us since Wigan got promoted as we've won all the games there, the biggest one was of course last seasons final game where we needed a win to win the title.

Rooney, Carrick and Rio should all be back into the side and it'll be interesting to see which forward makes way for Rooney looking at the performances of Tevez and Berbatov who both did well. Can see Tevez's goal edging him infront though. Should it be Berbatov and Rooney upfront again then it will without doubt confirm the inevitable.

We're far too professional to take things for granted so i'm gonna go with a 1-3 away win, Rooney and Ronaldo(2) with the goals. :thumbsup: :hopeful:

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Really hope for a win. We should be able to do it, as having to go into the last match of the season needed something, would be bad for the preparation for the Final.

3-0 United.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Full strength team out at Wigan and Arsenal please. 2-0 again will do me.

·
Registered
741 Posts
2-0 is going to be our new 1-0. Expect Rooney to run riots! CMON!!!

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Would go for this team vs Wigan

VDS

O'Shea
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Ronaldo
Carrick
Fletcher
Park

Rooney
Berbatov

and against Arsenal i'd go for

VDS

Rafael
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Fletcher
Carrick
Anderson

Ronaldo
Tevez
Rooney

And hopefully thats at least 4 points and a nice 10 day rest ahead of Rome whilst celebrating our 3rd league title on the trot and number 18! :hopeful:

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
I like that team.

I really hope we win this one so we can wrap it up against Arsenal, and just hammer home how far they've fallen, and how big the gulf is between us. Make it happen boys.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
****ING COME ON!

So close now, we can actually smell the ****er.

COME ON UNITED :fero:

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
Dave Whelan interview...

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan says it will be a 'shame' if the Latics beat Manchester United and derail their title challenge.

Whelan - whose JJB Stadium office is allegedly decorated with photographs of Sir Alex Ferguson - has called the United manager a 'maestro' ahead of the clash with the champions-elect.

United need just four points from their last three games to win the title and they are widely expected to win three of those against a Wigan side managed by Old Trafford defensive legend Steve Bruce.

Liverpool fans will not be buoyed by fawning comments from Whelan.

"I think United are the heart and soul of football. Bobby (Charlton) is an ambassador and does a fantastic job for football," said Whelan.

"When you talk about the maestro (Ferguson) himself, he is just something different. He's probably the greatest manager that football has ever seen.

"I wish I had been in a position to play under him. He is Man U through and through. It is just a pleasure to shake his hand and welcome him to Wigan.

"I always have a drink with Bobby afterwards. Sir Alex always has a drink with Steve Bruce and they get on so well together. It is just a shame if we lose or if we beat Man U."
I fully expect Brucey and the boys to roll over for us tonight... well, that is what we're paying them to do.

5-0 United. McClair, Hughes x2, Blackmore and big Pally with the goals.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If anything that sort of comment makes me more nervous :D In reality we should swat this lot aside, they're in shit form, practically on their holidays - while we've rested Rio, Carrick and Rooney which is nearly the whole spine of the team and we're chasing a league title.

Once again, any sort of win to set us up for the point needed ahead of what will hopefully be a title party after the Arsenal game. :cool: :hopeful:

·
Pepe the Beast
4,493 Posts

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
Nah, he just knows the score.:shades:

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Official line up

--------VDS---------

JOS--Evans--Vida-- Evra

Carrick--Scholes--Anderson

Ronaldo--Berba--Rooney

Subs:

Kuszczak
Rafael Da Silva
Neville
Giggs
Park
Nani
Tevez

No risks taken with Rio. Expect him, Park and Tevez to be in for the Arsenal game. Hopefully the boys picked tonight set us up perfectly for that one just to need a point to be crowned champs.

COME ON UNITED. :fero:

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
great chances wasted by rooney and carrick....

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
1-0 to wigan........come on:mad:

·
Registered
741 Posts
lovely

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
another chance goes begging