Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The huge games are just coming thick and fast for us right now and we can't really fvck up here after dropping 2 points at Boro last week. Arsenal will feel they're still in the race after what happened last Sunday and rightly so, a win here would put them in a very good position IMO but I don't think we'll let maximum points slip in consecutive games, especially with this one being at home.

As for team news, Rio thankfully got through last night with nothing less than a little cut and should start again on Sunday and Nemanja Vidic is thought to be making sufficient progress to be considered for this one and that would be another massive boost for us. Nani is another that should return here, probably on the bench as a start would be too early for him.

Probable line-up:

---------- Van Der Sar
-- Brown - Rio - Pique/Vidic - Evra
Ronaldo - Carrick - Scholes - Giggs
--------- Rooney - Tevez --------

I predict a 1-0 to us, Rooney with the goal. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Dropping Hargreaves after that performance? Getty fecked.

---------------VDS
Hargreaves--Dopey--Lauren--Evra
---Scholesy--Carrick--Anderson
---Ronaldo--Rooney--Tevez

This is the 2nd most important game of the season, after the Chavs match. Anything other than 3 points, is disaster. No other ways about it.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No chance Giggsy won't play, there's a reason he was taken off with 20 minutes to spare.

And i'd actually stick Hargreaves at right back ahead of that utter kunt Brown but will SAF do that?

Agree RE 2nd most important game of the season, hope we show the hunger and desire we are famous for. Ronnie and Evra fully rested for this is key btw.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
If Hargreaves ain't at right back, stick him in the center in the right side, he was brilliant today.

Deserves it, after all the sh1te he received from before. When he plays good, might as well receive the benefits from it.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Id really like to see this line up

Brown---Rio---Pique---Evra
----------Carrick
------Owen--Scholes
Ronnie-------------Rooney
----------Tevez

I think Hargreaves would be good for this game. He had a good game against Roma and deserves a start. He works hard, and would close down the Arse midfield well. I also think that he'd keep Cesc quiet. Also, i really like Rooney floating around on the left. He gets more time on the ball there, and also uses the positioning well to set up others. Plus he always seems to score when he plays on the left. Tevez deserves a start after the goal against Roma. He has been excluded from all the important games these days and would really relish a start in this one.

Also, i dont mind us having 3 in the centre IF we play Ron, Roon and Carlitos as the trio.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I see some of the Arsenal supporters are ripping into Hleb at the minute, with the stats to back it up: http://www.awimb.com/fudforum/index...88&rid=641&S=75acb87e5e3c2093fa1c34dd7a57fa53

I always feared they might realise he was a bit pointless. I had hoped though that he would flit (beautifully but ineffectually) under their radar, keeping him in the team and lauding him as a genius.

Cue Hleb scoring a hat-trick on Sunday.

Also from that link: Ashely Young, Mikel Arteta and even David Bentley are very, very effective for their sides.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Zidane never scored much and was never top of the assists bored. Yet he stilled played attacking left midfielder and he is a legend of football.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Dropping Hargreaves after that performance? Getty fecked.

---------------VDS
Hargreaves--Dopey--Lauren--Evra
---Scholesy--Carrick--Anderson
---Ronaldo--Rooney--Tevez

This is the 2nd most important game of the season, after the Chavs match. Anything other than 3 points, is disaster. No other ways about it.
Dont just get carried away with owen. Either you drop him or drop your performance. Thats how it has been all season with a really few exceptions. I dont have any problems if he plays as a RB though.

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
--------------------vds------------------------

----brown------Rio----Pique/Vidic-----Evra---------

-----------------Owen------carrick---------------

----------------------Scholes------------

-------Cr7--------Rooney------tevez--------------

Must Win for us......

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Tough game to predict.

Question is which arsenal team will show up, will they show up for the full game and how will they respond to going a goal down?

United better not play like they did at boro!! Also, I would like to see Picque start alongside rio. Heargreaves should start for several reasons. He did look good against roma and you need players in form at this stage of the season. He is also fresh which is vital. While the players who have been starting regularly might be slightly tired Owen will add the injection of energy that the team visibly had against roma with all the fresh faces standing in. Arsenal have been showing a tendancy to run out of steam in games recently and united should be looking to pummel them into submission as they are their for the taking.

That said, we all know what arsenal are capable of, so I wouldnt expect united to go gung ho for the whole game. Would be just our luck (and chelseas) that Arsenal would find form against us at the worst time ever!!

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
................................Van Der Sar

Brown.............Ferdinand............Pique................Evra

..............Hargreaves......Carrick......Anderson/Scholes

Ronaldo.....................................................Giggs
...............................Rooney

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
I can see Tevez being dropped for this if Sir Alex plays Hargreaves.
--------------------VDS------------------
Brown--------Rio--------Vidic/Pique---------Evra
-------Hargreaves-----Carrick------Scholes
---------------Ronaldo---------Giggs------
-----------------------Rooney------------

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
You need to win this game.

Have you seen this?

Saturday, 19 April 2008
Barclays Premier League
Blackburn v Man Utd, 17:15
Wednesday, 23 April 2008
UEFA Champions League
Barcelona v Man Utd, SF, L1, 19:45
Saturday, 26 April 2008
Barclays Premier League
Chelsea v Man Utd, 12:45
Tuesday, 29 April 2008
UEFA Champions League
Man Utd v Barcelona, SF, L2, 19:45

-------------------------------------------

Ouch.

3 games against Barcelona and Chelsea within 7 days. Tough game at Ewood before that. Happy hunting :D :pp

1 - 20 of 129 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.