Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most likely back in 2nd place with 2 games in hand for this one with Liverpool kicking off early against Blackburn on Saturday so this like all our other games is a cup final.

Need to get some consistency going in midfield, even if means going back to our cautious ways of earlier in the season, at least it ensured clean sheets.

Would like to see Carrick and Fletch lying deep in the middle and actually staying there, providing protection for our defence who will be without Rio once again according to SAF, seems he wants to give him another week off in order to be fully fit for Porto and with Evans out it could mean another appearance for a unfit Neville who was at fault again for a opposition goal.

What we need right now is a win and I think we'll go back to our 0-1 ways here, Rooney with the goal for us.

Id go for this team if Rafael is back;

VDS

Rafael
Vidic
O'Shea
Evra

Ronaldo
Carrick
Fletcher
Giggs/Nani

Rooney
Tevez.

Come on United, Numquam Moribimur.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Rio has to be risked and same for Rafael, feck the comedy duo. 1 game and 20 minutes together, and they cost us 3 goals. It's the EPL, we cannot choke. Otherwise, if they really are unfit, use Fabio.

Go 433, Ronaldo has to be near the attack. No point in wasting him down the wing, he is most dangerous when he is near the box, due to his shooting, as now that he is not yet on great form, he does not seem to dribble.

----------Rooney
---Tevez-----------Ronaldo
---Giggs--Carrick--Fletcher
Evra---Vidic---Ferdinand---Rafael
-----------VDS

In the second half, bring on Nani, Scholes and see how they do.

Really do not understand how come our strikers, do not seem to be taking players on, apart from the flicks and shit. What the feck....

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
I dont give a shit about Ferdinand's back problems, he can wheel himself round the pitch in a wheelchair before I see Neville in central, or any part of the defence.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
BRING BACK RIO, RAFAEL, AND BERBATOV - EVEN IF THEY'RE MISSING A LEG!

Play this - feck it!

-------------VanderSar
Rafael----Ferdinand----Vidic----Evra
---Fletcher----Carrick----Giggs-----
----Rooney-Berbatov-Ronaldo-------

PLEASE... Keep O'Shea, Neville, Park, Evans away from the pitch til we start winning games again.

This match is going to end either 1-1 or 0-1, depending on how bad our defence performs on the day.

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
we desperately need to win TIGHTLY....as Vedz says bring back the 1-0 score lines....

enough of this Bullshit defending.

gary neville has been awefull. may be he is rusty, may be that is his age that is catching up...i dont know but hes been very bad......

any one knows if berba, rafael and rio are back..?

·
Registered
790 Posts
No. no. no.....4-3-3 is a no go. You cannot leave Rooney isolated, he'll get pissed off...booked definitely and most likely sent off again.

4-2-3-1 is how we've played with the 3 being Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez/Nani/Giggs

The 1 being Berba. Those guys can rotate and rooney is never isolated.

Anyone know what's happened to Possebon btw? has he not recovered from his leg injury?

·
Banned
564 Posts
i'd give Foster a try, i can't ****ing stand VDS, he's such a liability

·
Banned
564 Posts
yeah, like TGO said, he's only made to look good because during that run of not letting a goal in, he had to save about 5 shots for all the games

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
BRING BACK RIO, RAFAEL, AND BERBATOV
Berba out for another 2 weeks was the message last weekend....The article I read wrote that he´s surely out for both CL matches.

·
Registered
790 Posts
maybe try and utilise welbeck's pace upfront with rooney feeding him? Get Tevez on the left maybe?

and where is Possebon...lol

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
Rio wont be available. Evans is out for 1 week..

So we are left with

-----Gary---Oshea--Vidic-- Evra-----

unless rafael is fit and can replace Gary.

I just hope fergue does not play Oshea at RB and Gary at CB. Jones will eat him alive with his height.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Wayne Rooney an injury concern for Manchester United

Manchester United are fearful that Wayne Rooney’s rib injury could keep him out of Saturday’s Premier League trip to Sunderland

Last Updated: 8:40AM BST 09 Apr 2009

Rooney was left in severe discomfort after being struck hard in the ribs by a defensive clearance towards the end of the first half of United’s 2-2 Champions League quarter-final first leg at home to Porto on Tuesday night.

Rooney will be checked by the club’s medical staff. United will hope the England forward has suffered only bruising, but even that could make him doubtful for the trip to Wearside.

The absence of Rooney, United’s outstanding player against Porto, would be a major blow with Dimitar Berbatov still sidelined by an ankle injury.

Sir Alex Ferguson is also eagerly awaiting the return of Rio Ferdinand, who has a groin injury. Fellow defender Jonny Evans is likely to miss the game with a similar problem.

Speaking on Tuesday, Ferguson said: "Rio was never close and I can't see that he will be fit for Saturday. Jonny's groin injury is going to keep him out for the next game, but we want to get a settled back-four again and get back to normal as soon as possible."

"The second goal was a terrible one to concede, but we only have ourselves to blame because we can't say that it was a great, manufactured goal.

"But it just exemplified the fragile nature of our defenders at the moment. Losing Jonny Evans was a blow because I don't think we would have lost it if he had been on the pitch."

Looking ahead to the second leg against Porto, Ferguson said: “It's a difficult job now and it doesn't get any better when people tell you that no English team has ever won in Porto, so we have a job to do.

"We have to win the game, but we have been good at creating firsts at this club, so we have create another first again."

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looked like a nothing injury when it happened.

Would be a disaster if we lost our only in form player. :moan:

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

·
Registered
790 Posts
Did you ever get that email?
ah yes...the email promising the riches of Kevin Kuranyi being signed in the january transfer window. Nope I didn't because that was the blatant hoax it was.

I emailed had plenty of email communication with one of the companies that manages Utd press releases tho

·
Registered
790 Posts
anyone watch the match yesterday and see what i mean about a strong holding midfielder?

The new breed of defensive midfielder that seems to be becoming standard: A player who dominates games not with fearsome tackles but with subtlety of passing (i.e. Alonso, Carrick, Denilson).

Essien n yaya toure are a dying breed fellas.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
ah yes...the email promising the riches of Kevin Kuranyi being signed in the january transfer window. Nope I didn't because that was the blatant hoax it was.

I emailed had plenty of email communication with one of the companies that manages Utd press releases tho
Wasn't Kuranyi, if you leave your email address mate, I'll let you know who the players are and I'll get it whipped over to you now.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts