Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our biggest game of the season so far, with home advantage a chance to hammer home our aspirations for the season against a big title rival. We've already been to Stamford Bridge this season and drew 1-1 due to a late equaliser by Kalou. Chelsea's away form is completely different to their home form this season, their unbeaten run away from home actually stretches out to last season and they're surely due a loss now. The signs of this run coming to an end have been evident in their last two away games where they've drawn after winnning the previous 10 on the bounce or something like that.

United will look to recover from the surprise defeat away from home in the league cup to Derby, granted the team will be very different to the one that faced Derby, the coach is still the same and he will no doubt be ripping into the players for that horror show.

No excuses not to be up for this one, after this we have a run of winnable games so grab a win here and then we really will be in a position to kick on this season. There's been too many false starts yet we still remain in a good position.

1-0 to United is my prediction, Rooney going back to scoring ways with what could become a very important goal. :hopeful:

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
We should win this, having Evra back will be a massive boost. He cannot be compared to O'Shea in terms of what he offers to the team.
Chelsea are a distinctly different team from the beginning of the season. Their swagger and confidence is gone and they are there for the taking. Their away form has been phenomenal but Old Trafford is a different story. As always it will be a tight affair with only 1 or 2 goals in it. I really have to agree with Gab here, I'm also going for a 1-0 win with Rooney getting the all important goal.

I'm also really interested in the composition of our midfield. Will Nani get a start or will Flectcher or Park get the nod? I definitely think we will start off with a Scholes - Carrick central midfield combination but beyond that, I'm uncertain. Berba and Rooney are set to start up front and this is truly a lethal attacking partnership. Gonna be a massive, season-defining game this.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Assuming all fit -

VDS, Neville, Ferdinand, Vida, Evra, Ronaldo, Carrick, Scholes, Park, Rooney , Berbs

Think Neville will be fancied ahead of Rafael for experience and the fact that hes more defence minded. Might be slow, but I wouldnt be that worried about Malouda or Joe Cole !! they aint as quick as walcott and Neville is fitter then he was in the Arse game.

Park nearly always starts these games. People can make up their own minds why he plays, normally cause he has a great engine and you are up against a strong CM from Chelski. Not many players who arent regulars deserve a start after tonites performance against Derby.

That said, the defeat to derby could be the perfect tonic for a tough game on Sunday. Up until now united have appeared to be going through the motions each game. I would hope this will scare them into action, as theres only so long this season they are going to get away with being so complacent.

Cant believe they are currently in with the chance of the quadruple as we speak ! ! They have been consistantly below par all season!

·
Registered
441 Posts
"I'm also really interested in the composition of our midfield. Will Nani get a start or will Flectcher or Park get the nod? I definitely think we will start off with a Scholes - Carrick central midfield combination but beyond that, I'm uncertain"

You could be right but I have a feeling that he will start with Carrick and Fletch with Ronaldo and Park on the wings.

Berba and Rooney up front.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Anyone off here going and fancing a nice bumming session in the Gorse?

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
Anyone off here going and fancing a nice bumming session in the Gorse?
I'll be there, but why you'd invite people off here to a bumming session when there'll be rentboys all around, I have no idea.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Hard program in the comming weeks. :rollani:
I would be totally satisfied with another bad performance and 1-0 in the 90th min or even later.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
I'll be there, but why you'd invite people off here to a bumming session when there'll be rentboys all around, I have no idea.
:D Good point.

Where you drinking pre-match?

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
:D Good point.

Where you drinking pre-match?
Never drink around OT pre-match, mate.

I'm always in the city centre for about an hour, couple of pints then hop on the tram about 30 mins before kick off.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
How's Chelsea this season anyway? would love if us and you guys batter them.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Never drink around OT pre-match, mate.

I'm always in the city centre for about an hour, couple of pints then hop on the tram about 30 mins before kick off.
Pikey bastard. Where you sitting?

·
Registered
13,916 Posts

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Considering our disappointing results against the top sides so far, this is a must win game. No other way about it. If we don't improve our results, we won't win the league.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That is why this game couldn't have come at a better time Drito, the timing is just perfect, hopefully winning this one and getting it out of the way leaves us with a bunch of very winnable games for a couple of months until our next game against a team around us in Liverpool.

Benitez's blast at Sir Alex and the consequent bitching about United by the ABU cvnts in the press should fire him and the players up even further.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
I am most confident now that Evra is back. We have sucked in terms of goals recently, and this guy adds a total new dimension down the left for us. One of the KEY players in the team, as last year for example, it was as if he was a left winger for us:).

BTW not checked any news recently, can you tell me you know that article bout Carlitos being pissed off, was it the usual false report, or any truth in it? Because the more days pass, the less likely it seems that he will stay here:(.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I am most confident now that Evra is back. We have sucked in terms of goals recently, and this guy adds a total new dimension down the left for us. One of the KEY players in the team, as last year for example, it was as if he was a left winger for us:).
(.
:thumbsup: most consistent player ive seen in recent years, of all united's players he is the only one that i can not remember him ever having a bad game which is pretty ****ing impressive given how picky i am, i love that guy. :proud:

1 - 20 of 165 Posts