Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With a spot in another European cup final firmly in the bank it's time to shift our attention towards retaining our league title again and we could have had an easier fixture after a CL tie than a resurgent City chasing UEFA cup place but any game at home should really be won by us.

The state of the title race is that if Liverpool draw or lose at West Ham on Saturday(we play on Sunday) then we would be champions again with a win against City and a win away at Wigan 3 days later which is our game in hand.

As easy as it is to get carried away, lets just try and win this one first, whatever happens between Liverpool and West Ham we've gotta do our job and not give them any encouragement. Would be one heck of a free boost if West Ham got something against the Scousers but everything depends on us really so screw them.

Anyway, we mustn't forget the heartbreak of this corresponding fixture last year, the way we lost at home to City on the Munich anniversary which is something that needs to be rectified further. Our win away to City in November was just payback for the other loss last season. Time for us to do the double over these muppets again.

The adrenaline from reaching another european cup final should see us through here, 2-0 to United with Rooney and Berbatov scoring. :thumbsup: :hopeful:

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Nothing but a win will do. Even a draw will be terrible, as we should seal this up before pressure becomes huge. Dropping points in this or against Wigan, will mean the game against Arsenal could be as big as the Champions League Final itself, because unless we thump Wigan or Hull with huge scores, it does not look like we will pass Liverpool in Goal Difference.

2-1 United.

·
Banned
564 Posts
6-0 United

it'll be like custer's last stand

Rooney 3, Ronaldo 3

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
3-0 United, Ronaldo x 3

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Bakker them

·
Registered
741 Posts
fvcking rip'em!!!

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is my team, with one eye on the Wigan game midweek where i'd start Anderson, Tevez and Giggs...

VDS

Rafael(to put Robinho in his pocket again)
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Ronaldo
Carrick
Fletcher
Nani

Rooney
Berbatov

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
I´d start with Tevez. I´m sure he was very frustrated yesterday ´cause he didn´t play. He must burn inside.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Tevez and Roney upfront. Scholes and Carrick in the middle. Ronaldo and Park on the wings.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fully expect the City fans to be sporting Barcelona kits on Sunday, sums them right up.

John O'Shea has won more trophies than they have in their whole history, which is another thing that sums them up. Our loss to them last seasona to Old Trafford was one of my worst memories as a United fan and the players will surely want personal revenge on them.

Don't see Carlos starting here, more like at Wigan. Only way he'd start here is if Fergie goes with the fab four.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
we never KNOW who´s starting or on the bench. Maybe Park again, wouldn´t surprise me. But Carlitos was rested, others could be more tired. Thats why I think he will start.

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
we never KNOW who´s starting or on the bench. Maybe Park again, wouldn´t surprise me. But Carlitos was rested, others could be more tired. Thats why I think he will start.
Rooney came off in the 2nd half, and berba did not start. So they wont be so tired.

i expect rio to be rested. Ronaldo needs a break too.

i think this may be the line up.

-----------------VDS-----------------

---Oshea-----Vidic---Evans----Evra------

-------------scholes----fletcher--------

-----nani---------------------giggs/carrick-----

-------------rooney------tevez--------------

Derby is never easy. so we should be focussed and kill city off.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
biggest game of the run in for me, can't see us not beating Hull and Wigan so any kind of result here should prove to be enough to get us over the line

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, should we do our job in the next few days he will be getting a long break ahead of the CL final should the last game against Hull become pointless which it surely will be if we win against City and Wigan.

Ronaldo is the sort of player that thrives on playing 2 games a week anyway, he's young and in great shape physically.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
some good news :)

NEVILLE BACK FOR DERBY

Neville - could play his part for United.
Gary Neville has been included in the Manchester United squad for Sunday's derby clash against Manchester City at Old Trafford.

The Red Devils skipper has recovered from the foot injury that has kept him out for a month and may play some part as United look to get the first three of the seven points needed to clinch a hat-trick of Premier League titles.

Wes Brown (foot) is out for the season, while Carlos Tevez, Dimitar Berbatov and Paul Scholes are among those hoping for a recall.

Man Utd (from): Van der Sar, Foster, Kuszczak, O'Shea, Rafael, Neville, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evans, Evra, Ronaldo, Nani, Anderson, Carrick, Scholes, Fletcher, Park, Giggs, Rooney, Tevez, Berbatov, Macheda.

·
Banned
564 Posts
how's that good news?

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Being in the provisional squad doesn't mean you're playing.

Good to have him back as back up anyway, its a pity his horror shows against Porto and Villa overshadoweed his pretty good form between boxing day and most of January till he got injured.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts