Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The next team to try and score past Edwin Van Der Sar is West Ham and they're actually the only team to have beaten us 2 seasons in a row away from home. Curbishley, the man who orchestrated those two victories over United isn't there anymore but West Ham look a much better footballing side nowadays under Zola which could actually work in our favour. They're on a 8 game unbeaten run and just like we're due to concede a goal soon they're due a loss and one against United at Upton Park in particular.

Rooney, Evra and Nani are all expected back for this one and hopefully we're still at the top of the league when this one kicks off as if either Chelsea or Liverpool win their next 2 games they go above us as they play twice before we head to Upton Park, which is why a draw would be ideal at Anfield today and i'd actually fancy Pompey to get something at Fratton Park against Liverpool next weekend while Chelsea's fragile home record this season faces Hull.

Our clean sheet run will probably end here but I reckon we'll score a few goals , 1-3 to United with Berbatov, Ronaldo and Tevez netting one against his old side. :thumbsup: :hopeful:

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
Rooney, Evra and Nani are all expected back for this one and hopefully we're still at the top of the league when this one kicks off as if either Chelsea or Liverpool win their next 2 games they go above us as they play twice before we head to Upton Park, which is why a draw would be ideal at Anfield today and i'd actually fancy Pompey to get something at Fratton Park against Liverpool next weekend while Chelsea's fragile home record this season faces Hull.
That sure is a long sentence. :pp

I'm sure we'll win this one. 2-0 I say, Berba with the double.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha yeah, I wrote that the way i'd actually say it out loud. :D

You reckon we'll keep another clean sheet? Remember this would be clean sheet number 13, some superstitious fvcks see that as an unlucky number.

Think we'll win though, which is the most important thing. We've got 2 home games on the bounce after that and then it would have been Pompey at home again but the Carling Cup final means that one is postponed. So in any case, it's a pretty wonderful opportunity to pull away further from others if we win this one. I think the way we lost these games against West Ham in the past will work in our advantage, both of them were to late goals and at the time looked like big psychological blows.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
I'll try and do this like others would.

2-0 to us, Tevez scoring, then Rooney coming on and netting on his return :proud:

(that felt dirty :()

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
Haha yeah, I wrote that the way i'd actually say it out loud. :D

You reckon we'll keep another clean sheet? Remember this would be clean sheet number 13, some superstitious fvcks see that as an unlucky number.
I used to see 13 as an unlucky number, then I realised that superstitions are a load of bollocks... apart from that Jock kunt messing about with thread titles.

Anyway, we need to keep a clean sheet to break Chris Woods' Rangers record, which is the British record. Then we if we break that and can keep Fulham at bay for 64 minutes (I think) we'll take Atletico's world record. All very doable in my humble opinion.

Think we'll win though, which is the most important thing. We've got 2 home games on the bounce after that and then it would have been Pompey at home again but the Carling Cup final means that one is postponed. So in any case, it's a pretty wonderful opportunity to pull away further from others if we win this one. I think the way we lost these games against West Ham in the past will work in our advantage, both of them were to late goals and at the time looked like big psychological blows.
They've also tightened up a bit at the back but they're also playing some good stuff under Zola, so I'm expecting a good game with some good football. I don't expect them to sit back like most teams do but they won't be overly offensive either.

The Everton game was always going to be tight as a gnat's kunt but we still created some decent chances and as the West Brom game showed, we're more than capable of cutting loose.

Anyway, we'll sit back and enjoy today's game, and worry about West Ham next week.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Rooney and Evra should be back for this game too, GREAT NEWS GUYS.

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
Although West Ham are playing good football these days, their main goal threat comes from Carlton Cole. I would back Nemanja to cut off his aerial threat and win most of the headers in dangerous situations. He also doesn't have the pace to outrun Rio so I reckon he can be effectively neutralised. Then there is Savio who I've seen a lot of this season playing for Brescia. He is pacy and full of attacking intent but too raw to endanger our goal and put the defenders under any real pressure.

It will also work in our favour that West Ham will not just be swinging long balls and crosses into the box like most. They will actually try to play some football which should play into our hands defensively. So I'm quite confident we can keep another clean sheet. :)

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
I'm just trying to fit in. Ronaldo is sh1t, him and Madrid deserve eachother ..!
You mean Ronaldo is A sh1t.

At least try to get it right ! ! :pp

Here , I will give it a go.

Ronaldo scored loads of goals last season which means that he was great in every game (wonderful performances) and was awesome against every top team . When he scored in a game it meant he was automatically the man of the match . Just trying to fit in ! ! ;)

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jesus christ Drummer, give it a fvcking rest already.

This has gone beyond tedious now.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
I haven't read Drummer's post but I know he is moaning about Ronaldo.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
5 cr goals in a match and we would still hear him moaning...

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Good to read this. :)

ROONEY CLOSING ON UNITED RETURN

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson will keep a close eye on Wayne Rooney's progress before his team's Barclays Premier League match against West Ham.

The indications are that Rooney is nearing full fitness again after a five-match absence with a hamstring injury.

The England striker suffered the setback in the victory against Wigan three weeks ago.

But he could be in line to face the Hammers on Sunday, providing he puts in the minutes on the training ground in the coming days.

French defender Patrice Evra is also set to be fit for the trip to Upton Park, following an ankle injury suffered against Chelsea a month ago.
Nani is another player who could come into contention, after suffering a groin injury against Derby in the Carling Cup semi-final second leg victory.

Former United star Paddy Crerand believes the ball is firmly in his old club's court as they aim for a third successive title.

He was pleased to see Chelsea defeated by Liverpool at the weekend.
"Liverpool winning didn't bother me," Crerand told MUTV.

"I would have preferred a draw. But the one thing I didn't want was a Chelsea win, because they are a bigger threat. Chelsea are a better all-round side than Liverpool.

"I honestly don't think Liverpool are a threat in the title race.
"The threat to United now is United themselves. Injuries and things like that are the only problem now. I fancy United strongly to win the league."

Liverpool could go top, though, on Saturday when they face a Portsmouth side that has not won in the league since November 30.
Upton Park has also proved a difficult venue for United over the years.

Crerand added: "I think West Ham will be a very difficult match - it always is there."

United's attractive Champions League game against Inter Milan at the 80,000-capacity San Siro on February 24 is a sell-out.
The Italian club have confirmed they sold the remaining tickets for the first leg of the last-16 clash against the defending champions within two hours.

Inter also announced the tickets allocated to them from United for the return leg at Old Trafford on March 11 have been sold.

(sportinglife)

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
I was being sarcastic lads . .

At least Now you know how I feel about how some people never shut up about how great ronaldo is whenever he does anything remotely productive . .

Great goalscorer, great asset and great player to have on your team. There is that ok, or is it not enough?

Carrick and Giggs have been superb in CM Vidic and (whoever his partner has been) have been top notch. Ronaldo is finding form . Berbatov is beginning to fit in. Evra was top notch until injured. Rooney is to come back. Our stand ins have been performing consistently. We have survived a nasty batch of constant games and nasty injuries!

And best of all liverpools manager has lost it completely, have I missed anything?

God, I would nearly feel like I am setting us up for a big fall if things werent going so well!

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
I was being sarcastic lads . .

At least Now you know how I feel about how some people never shut up about how great ronaldo is whenever he does anything remotely productive . .

Great goalscorer, great asset and great player to have on your team. There is that ok, or is it not enough?

Carrick and Giggs have been superb in CM Vidic and (whoever his partner has been) have been top notch. Ronaldo is finding form . Berbatov is beginning to fit in. Evra was top notch until injured. Rooney is to come back. Our stand ins have been performing consistently. We have survived a nasty batch of constant games and nasty injuries!

And best of all liverpools manager has lost it completely, have I missed anything?

God, I would nearly feel like I am setting us up for a big fall if things werent going so well!
Tell me what's more productive in a team than goals? Nothing. Ronaldo offers a lot more to the team than just that, he drags 2 players to him every time he has the ball, he's quick, he can pass, shoot, he's strong, he brings others into play.

Rooney to come back? He's had his purple patch, that'll get everyone off his back for the season. Just as long as he shows passion and kisses the badge eh?

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Tell me what's more productive in a team than goals? Nothing. Ronaldo offers a lot more to the team than just that, he drags 2 players to him every time he has the ball, he's quick, he can pass, shoot, he's strong, he brings others into play.

Rooney to come back? He's had his purple patch, that'll get everyone off his back for the season. Just as long as he shows passion and kisses the badge eh?
If you dont retain possesion, if you dont win the ball back when lost or if somebody else doesnt do the work to set you up , then you wont get the chance to score a goal!!

Ronaldo brought nobody into play last season, he had very few assists. Note, Im not complaining just pointing it out. The season before he scored and assisted in as many goals, just as productive but it was less about him.

As usual, when I actually give the kid some praise I am attacked for not giving him enough. It doesnt matter what you say here, if its not that everything ronaldo does is amazing then you are basically wrong about everything . . Good logic there . . . . .

As for rooney, dont need to comment on that. Im happy enough that fergie obviously agrees with me, thats enough of an endorsement . . :pp

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
F*ckinnn helll.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
F*ckinnn helll.
Its funny really. You guys accuse me of constantly ronaldo bashing when all I do is respond to . . . Your comments on me ronaldo bashing . .

When I dont mention him in a win, Im ronaldo bashing.

When I say he had a bad game when he plays bad, Im ronaldo bashing.

If I say he has a lazy like approach (like berbatov), Im ronaldo bashing.

When I reply to somebody saying Im ronaldo bashing by qualifying my point, Im simply ronaldo bashing . .

In fact it seems that it doesnt matter what I say or dont say, Im simply always having a pop at ronaldo.

Surprised you didnt follow me to the liverpool forum and accuse me of ronaldo bashing for having a go at Rafa . . .

My signature below "In Rafa we trust" is actually ronaldo bashing and is an anagram for "ronaldo is a crap useless portugese ****". . . . :pp:pp

1 - 20 of 88 Posts