Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Massive game against one of our biggest bogey teams in recent years, i've never liked the Riverside as they are always up for a game against United, anything we get there is always truly earnt. Sadly this fixture has come at a must win time for us, this game for me along with Blackburn away hold the key to whether we win the league or not. We have the confidence and great momentum right now and I predict it'll carry us through here. The fact that our CL game was on a Tuesday and this game on a Sunday should give us an extra couple of days rest which should be vital in us putting out the strongest team possible and not resting anyone.

1-2 United, Ronaldo and Rooney with the goals again.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
With a hard European game just a few days earlier, I think we'll suffer here and that's due to the fact that I think Fergie will tinker with the side a lot.

Hopefully a win, or otherwise it's a disaster but not sure, as these kunts know how to play amazing against us. On a positive note, at least Tevez is fresh and he will surely start.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With a hard European game just a few days earlier, I think we'll suffer here and that's due to the fact that I think Fergie will tinker with the side a lot.

Hopefully a win, or otherwise it's a disaster but not sure, as these kunts know how to play amazing against us. On a positive note, at least Tevez is fresh and he will surely start.
I think the extra days of rest and the healthy advantage in terms of the overrall tie will help us there mate. Would be far more nervous had we been in trouble tonight.

Literally coasted through it though. And if Vida's injury is just a nerve problem as SAF hopes then it's the perfect night.

I'd start this team if everyones fit btw;

------------- VDS ---------------
--- Brown - Rio - O'Shea - Evra ---
Ron - Anderson - Hargreaves - Giggs*
-------- Rooney - Tevez -----------

Nani in for Giggsy if the Portuguese is passed fit.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
We'll lose 1-0. Downing wonder goal.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Boro have a more than good record against us especially at the River.

Most of the normal team vs Roma will play.... Giggs and Tevez will be included, good god I hope the "injuries" are fine. Games like this determine the league, names go out of the window.

I think a draw 1-1

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Come on boys, keep focused, only a few more tough away games to go.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
This is always a tricky match, no prediction from me, I won't stick my head out.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
2-0, Ronaldo 2x

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Big game this one. But then again, they all are here on in. I hope Fergie plays our best team as we're too close to the finish line to take silly risks.

Hoping for:

* Scholes to start - he has been brilliant in the last few games. Proves why he has been our best midfielder for a few years now.

* Tevez to start - hes fresh, and keen to play. He seems as if he has something to prove

* Brown or Pique to play alongside Rio (as it seems that Vida will be out). Didnt like seeing Sheasy as a centre-back once Vida was taken off against Roma

* Nani to be back!

Wont be an easy game by any means, as it never is against this lot. I can see a good result though. Im going for another cleansheet in this one. 2-0 with Ronaldo hitting a penna and Wazza getting the other.

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
i would like to see this team

-----owen/oshea-----brown----rio----evra------

----------scholes-------carrick/owen------

------Cr7-------------------------------nani-----

----------------tevez---rooney----------------

3-1 tevez, rooney and CR7 with his mandatory goal.

·
Major
1,342 Posts
i hope saha gets back... wat a waste.... he can help a lot in these matches.... but... i thk united will edge it... bad to see even fletcher injured.. his energy is useful...

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
------------VDS-------------
Brown---Oshea---Rio-----Evra
------Owen-------Carrick-----
Ronaldo----Scholes-----Giggs
-----------Tevez------------

2-0 Ronaldo Giggs

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
I'm glad we're all agreeing on a Boro win here.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts