Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chance to go top of the league here with Chelsea busy with the FA Cup, Nani returns from suspension which is a timely boost. Winning the first trophy of the season last week coupled with Chelsea's unexpected loss at home to City could be the sort of momentum to power us towards the league. Arsenal are only a couple of points behind us so any sort of slip up from us and they'll be waiting there to pounce.

If everyone's fit I imagine this could be the team;

-------------VDS
---Brown-Evans-Vidic-Evra
Valencia-Carrick-Scholes-Nani
-------Rooney-Berbatov

Think it'll be a relaitvely comfortable one, 1-3 to United with Rooney, Berbatov and Nani scoring the goals. :thumbsup: :hopeful:

·
NUMBER 18
1,703 Posts
I want a rooney hatrick in the first half so the rest of the team can rest for the milan game...:hopeful:

And there is no way scholes starts this game.. he has to be there for the milan game...

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
1 nil Wolves. Evans OG.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
21-7 United. Rooney 3 touchdowns.

13,358 Posts
Can't Scholes starting two games in a week and Evra should have a day off here, Rooney get a breather as well.

PS: What happened to Kiko this season?

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can't Scholes starting two games in a week and Evra should have a day off here, Rooney get a breather as well.
Scholes didn't start the league cup final, and Fletcher did and will also start for Scotland tonight(he's their captain).

Fabio had a knock recently, which is why Evra is likely to start again. The guy is a machine anyway, people like him and Rooney just love playing. It's an away game aswell, wouldn't take anything for granted.

PS: What happened to Kiko this season?
Injuries and being held back for his own good, I am quite happy with the way he's being taken care of. Kid has got everything to become a frightening striker.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Scholes didn't start the league cup final, and Fletcher did and will also start for Scotland tonight(he's their captain).

Fabio had a knock recently, which is why Evra is likely to start again. The guy is a machine anyway, people like him and Rooney just love playing. It's an away game aswell, wouldn't take anything for granted.

Injuries and being held back for his own good, I am quite happy with the way he's being taken care of. Kid has got everything to become a frightening striker.
Aye. Poor touch and slow. Frightening.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Let's sign Ashley Young eh, PB?

And sell Rooney while we're at it.

You're a ****ing numpty sometimes.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Let's sign Ashley Young eh, PB?

And sell Rooney while we're at it.

You're a ****ing numpty sometimes.
Ashley Young is a cracking player. The anti Rooney stuff was based on facts, facts that he was playing far below how he could.

Villa and Benzema or Rooney and Owen. Nuff said.

13,358 Posts

We're gonna have Gibson in there with him possibly :scared: I'd rather have Scholes fully rested for 90 minutes against a very determined Milan side who feel there's a goal or two in the game.

As for the kid, with Owen injured and Berba struggling with that knee, these are the kind of games that he should be getting a run out, even for 35 minutes.

On a different note Carrick played well tonight. :shades: Should be an automatic starter in South Africa.

·
Registered
41,681 Posts
He did play well (Carrick), but he replaced Lampard not Barry. That won't happen in SA but it should. Lampard has had his worse season for years and last night was the worst 45 minutes I've seen from him in an England shirt.

Back to the game: Hopefully Big Prick McCarthy plays the reserves again :)

·
NUMBER 18
1,703 Posts
He did play well (Carrick), but he replaced Lampard not Barry. That won't happen in SA but it should. Lampard has had his worse season for years and last night was the worst 45 minutes I've seen from him in an England shirt.

Back to the game: Hopefully Big Prick McCarthy plays the reserves again :)
12 goals and 10 Assists in the league:confused: ... if we get a midfielder with that kind of return we would be unstoppable...

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
12 goals and 10 Assists in the league:confused: ... if we get a midfielder with that kind of return we would be unstoppable...
You can score goals and get assists whilst playing terrible.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Essentially, Lampard isn't having a good season individually, but he's effective and vital in a team. Much like Carrick.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts