Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rooney a doubt, Hargreaves supposedly 'back' and if he is i'd stick the Fletch on the right and re-unite Anderson and the injury prone curly haired Canadian in the middle again.

And if Rooney doesn't make it as expected, it'll be Tevez and Berba upfront. Ronnie on the left obviously, even without Rooney, Scholesy and Carrick it's a strong side but there's so much intelligence and craft missing there. Especially in the centre of midfield, nobody to keep the ball properly.

Let's hope we don't go behind. I'm gonna go for a 0-2 win, Berba and Ronaldo bagging the goals for us.

NB. The RB situation will be interesting, Fergie said before Tuesday Neville would be fit and go straight back into the side for this game but after another impressive Rafael performance, could he maybe be given his full EPL debut? Then there's Wes Brown aswell. Nice competition going. Still expect Gaz to start though.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Would be nice to see Rafael start but can't see it happening since it's an away game. The kid is brilliant.

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
We really should win this one, Blackburn look to be half the side they were last year. The fact that they gambled on Fowler is laughable really. Hopefully Robbo will be fit and ready for this one after his injury layoff. :D
Their main threats are Santa Cruz up front and Samba's aerial presence. Villanueva also looks like he could be quite tricky.
However with Berba and Tevez up front we should have far too much for them and I foresee a good win in this game. I would be disappointed with anything less.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We really should win this one, Blackburn look to be half the side they were last year. The fact that they gambled on Fowler is laughable really. Hopefully Robbo will be fit and ready for this one after his injury layoff. :D
Their main threats are Santa Cruz up front and Samba's aerial presence. Villanueva also looks like he could be quite tricky.
However with Berba and Tevez up front we should have far too much for them and I foresee a good win in this game. I would be disappointed with anything less.
Blackburn may be half the side and granted we should win but the past has proved in this fixture form doesn't matter a jot. It's a genuine bogey fixture for us with only 2 wins in the last 10 years. Hope we assert ourselves on the opposition because we have far too much quality, it's not the sort of away game to try and be patient. Just go for their throats or end up getting sucker punched as usual.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
They always give us a tough game but this time I expect us to destroy then 0-5.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Blackburn v Man Utd preview

Self-proclaimed 'Guv'nor' Paul Ince comes face to face with the man he once called 'Gaffer' as Manchester United travel to Blackburn.

Ince was once the fulcrum of a United side that gave the club their first ever Premier League title back in 1993, which ended a championship drought that dated back to Sir Matt Busby's class of 1967.

There will, though, be no room for sentiment when the pair lock horns on the touchline on Saturday, with Ince joining the likes of Mark Hughes, Steve Bruce and Roy Keane as a former Ferguson protégé now plying his trade as a top flight manager.

United make the short trip to Ewood Park trailing their North West neighbours by two points, albeit with a game in hand, following what has been a difficult start to their title defence.

Indifferent start

On the contrary to Ferguson, Ince will be quietly content with a campaign that has yielded ten points from six games; a record which affords Rovers a seventh placed position that has gone a long way to silencing those that questioned his credentials in stepping from League Two to the Premier League.

Key to Rovers continuing a decent set of results will be whether they can quell a United attack that has been shorn of Wayne Rooney - after he was injured on European exertions in Denmark - but can boast Carlos Tevez, Cristiano Ronaldo and Dimitar Berbatov, who can only but have been buoyed by a two-goal salvo in midweek.

Rooney's spell on the sidelines is expected to be a short one, but for Paul Scholes the news is less positive as he now faces up to ten weeks in the treatment room with a knee injury.

Scholes' absence could see Darren Fletcher return to United's starting XI, with Michael Carrick out for a further month and ongoing concerns over Owen Hargreaves' knee.

Midfield conundrum

Anderson started United's home win over Bolton in their last league outing and the Brazilian will again be vying with the likes of Park Ji-Sung, John O'Shea, Nani and Ryan Giggs for a starting berth.

Gary Neville is expected to be recalled by Ferguson despite Rafael Da Silva's excellent performance against Aalborg, as the young Brazilian picked up a minor injury in the second half. Wes Brown is again expected to be left looking glum-faced on the substitutes' bench.

Blackburn have no fresh injury concerns ahead of United's visit so it could be a case of 'as you were', with the exception of Danny Simpson who is unlikely to figure against his parent club.

Otherwise, Ince is expected to name the side that piled more misery on Newcastle last week in coming away from St James' Park with a 2-1 win.

Paul Robinson's calf strain is likely to prohibit his involvement again, meaning a further chance for Jason Brown to impress between Rovers' posts.

Matt Derbyshire's bright start to the campaign will see him fend off the claims of Robbie Fowler and Jason Roberts to start upfront alongside the ever-dangerous Roque Santa Cruz, while new crowd favourite Carlos Villanueva will be given licence to roam as Tugay is again given the keys to Blackburn's midfield.

Possible starting line-ups

Blackburn:
Brown, Samba, Olsson, Warnock, Ooijer, Nelsen, Emerton, Tugay, Derbyshire, Cruz, Villanueva

United:
Van der Sar, Neville, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Park, Anderson, Fletcher, Ronaldo, Berbatov, Tevez

Skysports.com prediction: Blackburn 1 Man United 2

One to Watch:
Dimitar Berbatov

http://www.skysports.com/football/match_preview/0,19764,11065_3003387,00.html

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
We're gonna lose 1-0.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
We're gonna lose 1-0.
Cause Rooney won't be playing. Now you're making sense. :smileani:

We're gonna win 2-0. Vidic and Anderson with the goals. Haven't scored in a century and Never scored for us.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Cause Rooney won't be playing. Now you're making sense. :smileani:

We're gonna win 2-0. Vidic and Anderson with the goals. Haven't scored in a century and Never scored for us.
Nah, because Carrick isn't playing.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Official team news

VDS

Brown
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra

Ronaldo
Anderson
Fletcher
Giggs

Berbatov
ROONEY

Subs:

Amos
Rafael
Evans
O'Shea
Park
Nani
Tevez

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
I hope Fergie is not turning into Rafa with all this rotation. Although to be fair we are rotating world class quality with world class quality.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nani out, Giggs in

Scholes out (forced change), Anderson in

Rafael out, Brown in

And lets remember this was Aalborg on Tuesday, and it isn't Ferguson's fault he has not a fully fit squad at any time this season.

NB. Not surprised at all Hargreaves didn't turn up, what a joke this guy is.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
He's got tendinitis, I know how much of a bitch that can be I had it a few years ago and it never really goes away 100%.

·
Registered
622 Posts
hoping for a win, should be a tight game 1-0 to us probly ronaldo

1 - 20 of 58 Posts