Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just gonna get this one up nice and early as it's a fast return to the bread and butter that is the Premier League again after yet another trophy winning success in a weekend where our closest rival in the form of Liverpool faltered 2-0 away to Boro. We are now 7 pts clear with a game in hand and I hope another trophy gives us further momentum in this run of glory.

The gap could be cut before we play as Liverpool are at home to Sunderland on the Wednesday, had they won at Boro and at home to City the other week they would have had a chance to go top but they've clearly blown that now. Newcastle away is our last big of league action for over a week seeing as next weekend will be FA Cup weekend.

Over half the team was rested for the Carling cup final , pretty sure we'll see Berbatov, Vidic, Neville, Park, Fletcher, VDS and Carrick all returning to the starting line up more or less in top condition. Rooney had a virus today but seemed at the end of it seeing as he was allowed to travel with the squad.

Newcastle have had an awful season after such a promising start with their draw at Old Trafford, still don't think they'll go down but it will be quite close. They're actually the only side to have taken something from us at home this season so that's something we need to make up for.

Think we'll take this one 1-3, Berbatov, Rooney and Ronaldo scoring. :thumbsup: :hopeful:

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
This could end up being a really hard fixture, so really hope we win it before facing Liverpool. Because if we manage to get 6 points out of these 2 games, the title should be ours.

I expect this side, now that Scholesy and co played 120 minutes:

-------Berbatov--Rooney
Park---Carrick----Anderson---Fletcher
Evans--Vidic-----Ferdinand--Neville
-------------VDS

Saying that, I think I would give Foster another match after an impressive cup final performance, and I'd also play Fabio down the left. Throw him in the deep end whilst resting Evra, and see if he does as well as his brother.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha, you're probably right about Berbatov playing in midfield. :proud:

But we don't have 2 of him.

My starting line up for this one would be;

VDS; Nev, Rio, Vidic, Fabio; Fletcher, Carrick, Possebon, Park; Rooney and Berba.

Ronaldo, Tevez, Scholes, Evra etc on the bench after their 120 mins in the cup final. Out of that crop I only see Rio starting on Wednesday.

Perfect opportunity to start Fabio and Possebon imo.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
HAHA meant Anderson:D. He did not play the full game, and he definitely changed the shape of the team for the better today. Getting him up to speed before the vermin and Inter matches is crucial.

Saying that, Possebon would be a nice alternative too.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Think i'd rest him for Fulham game after he played for the ressies on Thursday , then today.

Really hope Possebon starts, he was looking on course to be the back up for our midfield until that awful injury he got vs Boro in the league cup. Hopefully todays medal will help him move on, he's a fabolous player and it's not really a huge risk against a team like Newcastle who don't really have a strong midfield.

·
Lord of the Basement
15,331 Posts
*COUGH Play Tosic COUGH* :)

·
Registered
741 Posts
I think we'll see Drito's line-up. I hope Anderson starts his introduction in the final was a brilliant move. I hope he's fit enough for 90 minutes.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Tosic won't play again this season. Park is supreme.

·
Major
1,342 Posts
I don't think Possebon and Tosic will get any games this season.Not at this stage. Off course others can help them by the wrapping up the League nice and early.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
i'll stick with foster in goal and rest the other carling cup players bar maybe rio and vidic. Anderson is probably a sure in with a start alongside Carrick and Fletcher in mid and maybe even giggs?

for the result i'll go fo 1-0 united Rooney with the goal

·
Registered
293 Posts
Dont think we will see Possebon or Tosic again this season, maybe against Fulham in the FA Cup, everybody was drained at the end of the league cup so I am expecting few changes.

----------------Foster----------

Fabio------Vidic-------Evans----Evra

----Park-------Carrick--------Fletcher----Giggs/Nani/Anderson

-------------Rooney----------Berbatov

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Yeah, as much as I want to see Tosic play, wouldn't be surprised to see him not play again this season.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
He won't play because Park is playing fantastic and Nani is better than him. Nani needs more game, so to play Tosic there makes no sense.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Cant see Ronaldo on the bench or out of the squad - that kid just hates being rested. He always wants to play!

------------vanders
Sheasy----Rio----Vida----Evra
Ronnie---Carrick--Fletch---Park
-----------Roon--Berba

Fergie will take no chances.

0-1 Rooney

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Team news:

VDS

O'Shea
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra

Ronaldo
Carrick
Fletcher
Park

Rooney
Berbatov

Subs:

Foster
Eckersley
Evans
Anderson
Scholes
Giggs
Tevez

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Ferdinand, Evra, Ronaldo and Carrick have to be rested against Fulham no matter what happens in this game. They simply should not play in that game, considering Inter is right after that.

Anyways for tonight, good team.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts