Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RE: This Waterreus fiasco which has become a source of public debate.

Doesn't it just highlight how grossly out of kilter Alex McLeish's loyalties lie?

We've got a man dumped onto the bench who won a Champions League medal, swiftly became a fans' hero, and saved our skins on many occasions - just because he happened to pick up an injury.

Ronald Waterreus did a decent job in his absence, and that should have been the end of it. McLeish ought to have shown the same loyalty to Stefan Klos as Stefan Klos has shown to Rangers. History shows if you f*ck around those who are loyal to your cause in favour of chancers, you wind up in deep trouble. And now Waterreus has opened his big gub (quite frankly, because he knows he's off anyway and can do as he likes) and slagged off near enough everyone at the club.

And yet we stand tonight in the incredible position of Waterreus being internally disciplined on the Friday, and most likely going to walk into the side again on the Saturday. It's a farce which might threaten our league run in, though I would hope the players are now focused enough to keep this run going.

McLeish might take a stand against Waterreus and drop him... but if history is anything to go by, don't count on it lads.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
The fact tha he's being complimentary of Eck means he won't be dropped. We've always known he was one of McLeish's favourites. Who else would play him ahead of Klos? Klos came back against Dunfermline and saved us, so what happens in the next game? Waterreus comes back and loses an easily preventable goal. He did a good stand-in job last season, but that's all it should ever have been. And it's things like this that remind me how glad I am that the ginger tosser is leaving very soon.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Shave his head :thumbsup:

No matter how his words have apparently been twisted the fact is he wants to leave as quickly as possible. We have one, if not thee, best servants of the club being kept on the bench while Eck gives his bum chum a game each week.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Apparently he was 'misquoted'.Rangers are considering taking legal action against the Sun,Im led to believe that Wouters actually read the Dutch article,and it bore no resemblance to what the Sun printed.
Rangers PR finally swings into action,just a pity they've left it so late.
I'll wait and see the outcome of this before I pass my own judgement on The Mullet.
Seems like we'll be losing both him and Klos in the summer anyway.
I prefer Klos,hes been a great player for this club,and the treatment hes receiving from The Ginger One is digracefull.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts