Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carroll - 7 - generally a good game, but made me lose a few heart-beats near the end.

Phizza - 6 - was erm...crap. Better shape up for Tuesday, we need him on form.

Wes - 7.5 - good match, amazing tackle in the box during the first half.

Johnny - 7 - not bad but had a couple of nervy moments.

Denis - 8 - one of his better games this season. Defended well and supported the attack too.

Nicky - 7 - quiet and effective.

Keano - 7.5 - did well, wonderful to see him back. Almost scored a stunning goal.

Stewart - 6.5 - did nothing special.

Chadders - 7 - a few good runs but no end product as usual.

Scholesy - 7.5 - did well after coming on.

Diego - 8 - excellent match, carried the ball well and was very involved, should've scored tho.

Ruud - 7 - still not in his best form, held the ball up well but missed a couple of excellent chances. Brilliant peno again.

Ole - 7 - some good touches, nice pass to Diego, did generally well.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Carroll 7.5 - Was never tested to his limits but did well.

Keano 8- Gives 100% every match, almost scored a great goal.

Stewart 7 - prospect for the future

Chadwick 7- Did some good runs with his pace but did a bad miss kick and some poor passes.

Wes 8- Saved us countless times, great tackling, was at the heart of our defence.

Forlan 8.5- His best game so far, helped in everyway he could. Should have scored :(

Ole 6,5- Quiet game for him, wasn't invovled so much as normal (Saving it for the lever game, i hope)

Butt 7- Quiet game for him, helped defensively mainly.

Scholes 7- Wasn't his best performance but our mid field took control after he came on.

Ruud 6.5- Scored a good penalty, nothing much more to say.

Erwin 8- Best performance for ages, good reading and showed he can still take free kicks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The Ref - 10 - Complete devotion to the United cause, won the game for his team. :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Indeed - just look at Phil Neville's I'm-not-going-to-Japan face!

Don't worry Jacob, second gets a CL place too. :)

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Gooner.com, I guess we shouldn't be complaining about the disallowed goal of Kanoute that should have stood and could have changed the course of that game eh? Grow up. You win some, you lose some.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I must protect the linesman when he didn't see Kanoutes "goal" (yes, it was a goal).

How can you expect a person see through Cole's whole body?
He was between the linesman and the ball, that's impossible to see for the ref.

And about Ruud, many players in the PL dives nowadays, Henry (yes, I admit), Owen, Boa Morte, Bellamy, and of course RvN.

I think that's a shame, we don't need that in England.

The FA MUST take their responsibility and look at video afterwards and punish the ones who dives.

The ref can make mistakes, he's just a human.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Kawin said:
And about Ruud, many players in the PL dives nowadays, Henry (yes, I admit), Owen, Boa Morte, Bellamy, and of course RvN.

I think that's a shame, we don't need that in England.

The FA MUST take their responsibility and look at video afterwards and punish the ones who dives.

The ref can make mistakes, he's just a human.
I advise you to watch a match of La Liga or Serie A and the English game would seem so much c"cleaner" compared to those.I mean the amount of diving and play-acting involved in each and every match of those leagues is appalling and I am surprised that the respective boards havent done anything to clean them up specially since in the WC any player caught diving will be shown a yellow card.

As for Ruud's goal yesterday....well.....its just plain bad luck for Ipswich.Just like Arsenal had a stroke of goodluck against Ipswich looks like United got their share as well at Portman Road.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Carroll-7
Phizza-6(will be a real worry for us at Germany.:nervous: )
O'Shea-7.5(looked solid and his distribution is good.)
Brown-7.5(one fantastic tackle at the start of the match and overall had a good game.)
Irwin-8(thought he was our MOM.Saved us on a couple of decisions when he cleared the ball with an Ipswich man closing in behind.)
Stewart-6.5(Did ok while he as on the pitch.Needs to improve his positioning a little.)
Butt-7(passing gam just wasnt there though he did a good defensive job....again.:))
Keano-7.5(No sooner has he returned that captain marvel put in another good performance.Would have been great if h had scored but kept all the players focused.)
Chadwick-7(Some nice work down both flanks.Needs to improve his finishing and shooting.)
Forlan-8(worked his arse off.Was involved in play a lot and his touches on the ball seem pretty good.Just needs a goal to start him going.)
Ruud-6.5(Should have buried at least a couple of chances before the penlty.Thats been his story in the last few games.Hopefully he'll get it right soon.)

Scholes-6.5(Never truly got into the game and was playing with the Tuesday game in mind.Hoping for a far better performance at the Bay Arena.:))

·
Registered
116 Posts
Carroll - 7 (not much to do, I,m still not convinced)
Irwin - 8 (Used his experience, good positioning)
Brown - 9 (Excellent, very composed, made one fantastic tackle)
O'Shea - 8 (I predict great things for this lad)
Neville - 6 (lacking confidence)
Keane - 9 (Usual, controlled the game from start to finish)
Stewart - 6 (showed some nice touches but gave the ball away too often)
Butt - 7 (solid as usual)
Chadwick - 7 (creates great positions for himself but lacks final ball)
Forlan - 8 (growing in confidence, very busy, just needs that first goal now)
V Nistelrooy- 7 ( quiet but won and stuck away the penalty well)

Scholes - 8 ( Kept the ball brilliantly when he came on, prompted everything)
Solskjaer - 6 (quiet again)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Kyo said:
Gooner.com, I guess we shouldn't be complaining about the disallowed goal of Kanoute that should have stood and could have changed the course of that game eh? Grow up. You win some, you lose some.
The problem is that, where refs are concerned, Man U seem to win rather more than most!

As to the Kanouté goal, it was indeed lucky but the linesman couldn't be expected to rule on it without X-ray specs. And linesmen will never get X-ray specs, because then they'd be able to see the brown envelopes in the ref's back pocket at Man U games. ;)

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
LOL

Gooner.com schjeah rite. Scroll up and read what your fellow gooner Kawin has to say. That's class and that's being fair. I suggest you learn from him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts