Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So last season Pila's Soccer rag of crippled and over 30 misfits won the tri county soccer league championship by some 20 point spread. Last month we finally get our beautiful giant, championship trophy. As Captain and Manager of this outfit, I got to keep it.

The plan was to sleep with it, but was talked out of it by Mrs. Pila, citing pragmatic, safety reasons... somthing about it poking her in the eye if she turned over in her sleep in my direction... whatever. In the interest of continuing our blissful marriage, I settled for displaying it atop the dresser, in front of its mirror so that I can admire it everytime I dressed.

But last night I get home, tired by the indoor session, having lost a match to our rivals to a last-second goal and in desperate need to console in front of proud accomplishment, I find that it is no longer there.

Fighting off panic, I compose myself and politely question Mrs. Pila on the whereabouts of my... I mean, our, championship trophy. She tells me it's in the office, behind the door!

Behind THE OFFICE DOOR! In a heap of shit I've been meaning to throw out when Mrs. Pila was distracted enough to not make a claim on it before she realized it was gone...

But I keep my composure, and tell her to put it back in its rightful place.

She tells me it can not stay in our bedroom, citing some clash with bedroom decor, and insults me by saying its a monstrosity, a "hideous eye sore".

I object to this name calling and insist she apologize and promptly return it to its rightful place.

She refuses.

I tell her that unless we find a place in the bedroom for it, there'll be no place in it for me either. So she took it and put it in the bedroom's toilet.

So the moral of the story here, Pooh, is - be flexible.

True story.

That is all.

·
Greta joke sharer
23,638 Posts
You should have a welder (or sheet metal worker, whoever is more suited) make a hood ornament out of it. It would be a shame to limit the viewing pleasures of this award to the immediate family.

Looks pretty sweet to me. :thumbsup:

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought of that, but it is a little bit bigger than that one. Not sure it would pass inspection...

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
pila said:
So the moral of the story here, Pooh, is - be flexible.

True story.

That is all.
With what exactly? It is like women have suddenly forgot all their problems between each other and united against me.

I am flexible anyway.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You gotta be a Romanian gymnast.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Great stuff :D .

I am firmly on your wife's side though, sorry to say. Sports trophies are hideous as home decoration. Also, an object giving her nothing but bad vibes.... in the bed room of all places... you gotta be a pragmatic and look at the big picture, I think.

·
Registered
56,111 Posts
hmm...
that is a case of divorce in my opinion.
:D

·
Registered
56,111 Posts
me when i got married i had to deal with a mirror my husband wanted absolutly to keep. with a disign on it. this :

it was no question i put this on the wall of my home.

·
Registered
56,111 Posts
finally, we found a compromise, he put it on the wall of the garage.
we have to stay open-minded.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
You gotta be a Romanian gymnast.
or to fully endorse an argentinian citizenship...thought this last one implies be quite a whore

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
I'd take Fangio's suggestion. I would love to become a whore for whatever that means:dielaugh:

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great stuff :D .

I am firmly on your wife's side though, sorry to say. Sports trophies are hideous as home decoration. Also, an object giving her nothing but bad vibes.... in the bed room of all places... you gotta be a pragmatic and look at the big picture, I think.
In the end we found a compromise. We decided it looked great behind the office door.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:D

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
i would have surprised my beautiful wife with a whole new bedroom "decor" to match that beautiful trophy of yours.....she did say it didn't match the current decor. :)

but i feel for you. our trophy from last season sits pretty next to my treadmill in the basement.:cry:

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bwah!

·
Registered
14,769 Posts

it was no question i put this on the wall of my home.
finally, we found a compromise, he put it on the wall of the garage.
we have to stay open-minded.

That is one ugly ass mirror, garage is more than a generous compromise

In the end we found a compromise. We decided it looked great behind the office door.
:howler:

i would have surprised my beautiful wife with a whole new bedroom "decor" to match that beautiful trophy of yours.....she did say it didn't match the current decor. :)

but i feel for you.
I would have said "But you are my biggest trophy I ever got and you let ME keep you in the room". That's what i would have said to her, sincerely or as sincere as i could fake it.

Then surely she would say "then you have me, one is enough", in which you say "yea but this one is for you putting up with me". She's going to laugh, then you guys kiss, and then bam, trophy stays.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's great advice, and it may work with a rookie couple. Mrs. Pila and I have been married too long for that kind of bullshit to get through without detection. :)

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
That's great advice, and it may work with a rookie couple. Mrs. Pila and I have been married too long for that kind of bullshit to get through without detection. :)
oh man, my condolenses....to your trophy of course

but you know, i'm convinced (without grounds :D) that it's never too late to flirt with your wife

1 - 20 of 59 Posts